Home
Rocket League News Post

Not only is Rocket League Rumble coming in September, the team also plans to release a new Rocket Labs arena called "Octagon" as well, with two new variants, "DFH Stadium (Stormy)" and "Urban Central (Dawn)."

Quote:
Available for both Online and Offline Exhibition play, “Octagon” is VR-themed like other Rocket Labs Arenas, but the large, eight-sided walls are what set it apart.

”Urban Central (Dawn)” and “DFH Stadium (Stormy)” will be included for Online and offline play in Exhibition and Private matches, and the Ranked Playlists.

More September updates are scheduled to arrive in the coming weeks.

Rocket League screenshot gallery - Click to view Rocket League screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Rocket LeagueReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 5 - View All
Rocket League Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cookie Puss @ 08/11/16 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Sports game for nerds that cant figure out real sports
It is a sports game that does require strategy and teamwork, along with quick reflexes and serious hand eye coordination to play the aerial style.

Maybe you are lacking in these things or friends to play in a party with or both?

# 2 Cookie Puss @ 08/11/16 08:56 PM
Quote:
You got offended. Clearly.
Nope, just trying to correct you. If I was offended I would have touched on the use of "Real Sports" and "Sports games for Nerds."

# 3 SmashMan @ 08/12/16 01:44 AM
Quote:
Tried to like this game, just seems like a zero strategy,r random physic turbo smash fest, hoping the ball goes in. No possession, plays, or controlled passing.
There is a fair amount of strategy in terms of setting up shots, passing, and aerial skills. As already said, it comes into play more when playing with other people.

Not entirely sure what a "random physic turbo smash fest" is, and I can't say I've experienced any random physics that leave me hoping the ball mysteriously finds the goal. Have any videos to show?

Also, can you explain how you envision set plays working in Rocket League? Or "controlled passing"?

# 4 mikenoob @ 08/12/16 03:39 AM
He described how the game is at a prospect 1 to unranked. Basically he played a single game and called it quits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 5 Cookie Puss @ 08/12/16 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Basically he played a single game and called it quits.
He seems like a rage quitter, I would bet good money he has never played a full match. Went something like miss the ball, miss the ball, own goal and rage quit after getting "what a save" too many times by the opposition.

# 6 underdog13 @ 08/12/16 02:40 PM
I want Octgon nowwwww. Less wall play and more dribbling. I wonder if they are going to add Cosmic to ranked in the next patch. Would love for them to add Utopia too but doesn't seem like the community likes it as much.

New standard variants meh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.