Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Willie Reed Jr. has managed to leak out some NBA 2K17 video footage confirming David Aldridge and Brent Barry in the game.

NBA2KGames grabbed a copy of one of the videos here. Hustle Westbrook managed to get a copy of another video here.

UPDATE: The videos have been removed, but we definitely saw David Aldridge and heard Brent Barry on the commentary team in NBA 2K17. In another video, you could hear Doris Burke and Greg Anthony. Is Clark Kellogg gone? Could we see multiple commentary teams in the game? Let the speculation begin.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 23 @ 08/25/16 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
What I wanna is, of all people, why did they give Willie Reed a copy?

Me thinks he was playing at Whiteside's house or something lol
You know more than just Reed has the game.

# 82 J_Posse @ 08/25/16 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You know more than just Reed has the game.
Yeah, everyone shouldn't act so naive. Celebrities and athletes always get these games much earlier than the general public.

Or does everyone forget about the year that The Game got it early and spoiled stuff on twitter (I believe)?

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ

# 83 DatGD12guage @ 08/25/16 03:05 AM
Something is telling me that TNT and or NBA tv is in and on different nights we get either TNT or NBA tv. Not getting my hopes up but fingers crossed.

# 84 MarkWilliam @ 08/25/16 03:07 AM
For future reference, the pecking order;

Celebs/athletes
2K Team Up Selections

The rest of the world

# 85 Futurestyl3 @ 08/25/16 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Willie Reed

Willis Reed is in the HOF and on the 1970's New York Knicks in NBA 2K.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ
ah i see, honest mistake.

I was born in the mid 90s so i didnt know, god bless both reeds

# 86 23 @ 08/25/16 03:19 AM
Wondering what this was all about then

http://www.designntrend.com/articles...on-the-way.htm

# 87 Junior Moe @ 08/25/16 05:18 AM
This is awesome! I'm a big presentation guy so this is welcome. 2K gets burned every freaking year with leaks. Serves them right, honestly.

# 88 Junior Moe @ 08/25/16 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Am I seriously the only one that LIKED Clark Kellogg and his commentary?

Oh well. We'll see in a month.
I thought Kellogg was fine. I didn't have a problem with him. I'd be lying if I said I cared though. As long as it's done well I'm good. I thought G.A. was a little stale last year but it was his first year on the team. I'm sure he'll be better this year. Who knows, maybe Clark still in and on with the team with Brent Barry.

# 89 Quentin32 @ 08/25/16 05:41 AM
I love this s***t

I love the anticipation of this game

Makes me feel like a kid again

# 90 Goffs @ 08/25/16 06:11 AM
Was there more footage? I love it when 2k's marketing gets blindsided lol

Next year no more early copies for celebs and athletes.

# 91 daveberg @ 08/25/16 06:11 AM
No more 'spurtability'!!!

Praise be to 2k!!

Still rather have Marv Albert, Hubie Brown & Bill Walton, but hey - this is a great leak!!

# 92 The 24th Letter @ 08/25/16 06:21 AM
Has Brent ever done play by play before? Ive only seen him as an analyst..

# 93 sactown_13 @ 08/25/16 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yes. He did all of summer league too

# 94 ZoneSix @ 08/25/16 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
he does TNT games sometimes.

# 95 King_B_Mack @ 08/25/16 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
No more 'spurtability'!!!

Praise be to 2k!!

Still rather have Marv Albert, Hubie Brown & Bill Walton, but hey - this is a great leak!!

They probably just gave Doris his script, so it's still in there just said by someone different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 96 vtcha @ 08/25/16 06:51 AM
No disrespect to Doris Burke but they need to replace her with Craig Sager.

Kind of feels disjointed with someone from ESPN and everyone else from TNT (Ernie, Shaq, Kenny, Kevin Harlan, and now DA and Barry)

# 97 King_B_Mack @ 08/25/16 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
No disrespect to Doris Burke but they need to replace her with Craig Sager.

Kind of feels disjointed with someone from ESPN and everyone else from TNT (Ernie, Shaq, Kenny, Kevin Harlan, and now DA and Barry)

I'm sure if they could they would. But Craig kind of has a situation a lot bigger than going to the Bay Area for recording lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 98 jbthegreat @ 08/25/16 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I thought Kellogg was fine. I didn't have a problem with him. I'd be lying if I said I cared though. As long as it's done well I'm good. I thought G.A. was a little stale last year but it was his first year on the team. I'm sure he'll be better this year. Who knows, maybe Clark still in and on with the team with Brent Barry.
Hopefully they got rid of him and his corny food jokes

# 99 Gramps91 @ 08/25/16 07:14 AM
I didn't really have a problem with Clark Kellog and I think Burke is kind of annoying. Not a gamebreaker or anything, I can live with it, I just don't like it.

I do like the inclusion of David Aldridge and Brent Barry. Pretty cool stuff.

I would also like for them to go TNT, ESPN, or NBATV. Don't know if it would ever happen but would be awesome. NBA on NBC had my favorite presentation package ever but we'll never see it again.

# 100 Lord Bonium @ 08/25/16 07:38 AM
I got mildly excited for a split second when i saw "Brent Barry in 2k17", thinking it would be him as a player. Then i realized "why would brent barry warrant a separate thread?" and saw the commentary part.

All i can say is... meh. I don't know about other people but after a few weeks, maybe a month, i turn the commentary off and just play some music/show/movie/youtube or something in the background. I might make an exception if they had bill walton or tommy heinsohn, at least those guys would be entertaining albeit in an absurd type of manner.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.