Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

EA released an update to Cloud CFM's in Madden NFL 17 with increased upgrade costs for physical ratings, and draft classes being better tuned to match base rosters in the game. The newly tweaked draft classes will take affect the season after your current season (or your next generated draft class).

The updates rolled out yesterday morning and should be in effect for all Cloud Based CFMs. If you are running a CFM offline, you will have to wait for the next patch for the changes to take place within your game.

How big of a difference are the changes making from what you are seeing? Let us know in the comments!

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 vrtkolman @ 09/09/16 02:05 PM
I love the tuned draft classes. Too many high 70s and that was really my only gripe.

# 2 toneloc129 @ 09/09/16 02:10 PM
Well, can't say they are not listening. Now let's see if it works and how long until the offline guys can benefit.

# 3 bestbrother @ 09/09/16 02:10 PM
Do you need PS plus for online CFMs?

# 4 Hushroom @ 09/09/16 02:12 PM
That's awesome. Can't wait for the patch to drop so the offline CFM can receive this.

# 5 ehh @ 09/09/16 02:14 PM
For those who've been running a cloud CFM, how reliable has it been?

I played a test cloud CFM as soon as the game dropped and I "lost connection" to EA's servers after one game, got booted out to the main menu and my game didn't save. Very frustrating, I have no interest in a cloud CFM if that's a common issue.

# 6 charter04 @ 09/09/16 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

I played a test cloud CFM as soon as the game dropped and I "lost connection" to EA's servers after one game, got booted out to the main menu and my game didn't save. Very frustrating, I have no interest in a cloud CFM if that's a common issue.

I was in a 32 man one last year and one this year. I vary rarely have issues. I've had my off line one freeze more than my cloud one mess up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 7 BadAssHskr @ 09/09/16 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Extremely, except when they had the hack issue a few weeks back, even then there was a popup message stating that the server could not be reached.

There is a thread around here, where one of the mods was discussing network issues. You might search that out, and see if maybe the problem isn't on your end.

# 8 Dj_MyTime @ 09/09/16 02:44 PM
I want to know about the standardized regression that starts at age 28 and subtracts (-2) from all relevant attributes/physical attributes until that player is cut/retires.

Makes no sense.

# 9 ehh @ 09/09/16 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
There is a thread around here, where one of the mods was discussing network issues. You might search that out, and see if maybe the problem isn't on your end.
I don't believe it was on my end, my wife was on the couch next to me watching Netflix on her laptop. I'll give cloud CFM a try.

# 10 Datninja619 @ 09/09/16 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

If your network connection is weak at times, then Cloud might not be your best bet. As you've experienced, that could happen anytime your connection gets disconnected.

And of course any Server outages will prevent you from accessing your cloud.

However, updates like this is exactly why I keep 1 Cloud CFM and 1 Offline CFM. I look forward to testing out the draft prospects

# 11 bad_philanthropy @ 09/09/16 03:03 PM
Did it last year. Can only remember one disconnect form EA servers going down. Have my PS4 hard wired to LAN though.

Really liked being able to pore over stats from my franchise on my computer.

# 12 Grey_Osprey @ 09/09/16 03:25 PM
Is this separate from the next patch? With all the issues listed in the bug/glitches thread, there has to be more than this coming, right?

# 13 mrCPUgeek @ 09/09/16 03:28 PM
Any word on the mobile app for online CFM?

# 14 BadAssHskr @ 09/09/16 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't believe it was on my end, my wife was on the couch next to me watching Netflix on her laptop. I'll give cloud CFM a try.
Check post #10 and #13 here, granted it might not be your specific issue, but it's worth noting.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...re-ddosed.html

# 15 NoleFan @ 09/09/16 04:11 PM
I'd likely do an online CFM if it wasn't for the cost. I play solo so it isn't really feasible to pay for the game then pay 50 bucks for psn just to get patches early. Lol

# 16 ehh @ 09/09/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'd likely do an online CFM if it wasn't for the cost. I play solo so it isn't really feasible to pay for the game then pay 50 bucks for psn just to get patches early. Lol
My Gold sub for XBL just ended and I didn't renew, does that mean I can't use Cloud CFM?

# 17 NoleFan @ 09/09/16 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
My Gold sub for XBL just ended and I didn't renew, does that mean I can't use Cloud CFM?

No clue. I'm a free offline kinda guy lol

# 18 T4VERTS @ 09/09/16 04:25 PM
I have been pushing for them to get the rookie OVR's better aligned with the ones they rated themselves. Before tuner I had 33 78+ rookies in a class, the test I ran post has it at 14 78+, which puts it about on par with the rookies we got for this year.

# 19 Rocket32 @ 09/09/16 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Dammit. Should I start my cfm now or not?

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
I geuss not if it matters to you to have it all from the start. Pretty sure changes in patches effect already existing offline cfm's. As long as you don't reach the draft before the patch you should still fully benefit from the tweaked draft class part if you know what I mean. The rest you would have to be fine with getting after your a bit into your franchise already.

Sort of feel the same way though. Maybe roll with online this year?

# 20 Slyone14 @ 09/09/16 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Correct, to my knowledge you have to be a subscribed member to use the online mods in psn. Which is dumb but true.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.