Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The Game Informer Show has posted some new MLB The Show 17 video footage confirming MLB Network presentation. We will see and hear more about it during the Twitch stream on March 2.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

UPDATE: The video has been pulled, but you can see a screenshot from it above.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/17/17 08:58 AM
Nice find!....MLB Network!

They switched to another game that did not have it, so maybe it is only active for like the game of the week or its a selectable package?

# 2 sink4ever @ 02/17/17 09:05 AM
Wow, that quick manage looks very interesting.

# 3 Willis135 @ 02/17/17 09:06 AM
This looks like a significant upgrade from 16. The player animations look very smooth. AND MLB NETWORK!!!

# 4 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/17/17 09:09 AM
By the way these guys at GI are not sports fans at all.
I feel like they did not do the game any justice when explaining how the game has improved.

They remind me of people who work at GameStop....
They like video games, but in a weird way...

# 5 adh5199 @ 02/17/17 09:14 AM
That jump double play looked awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 6 adh5199 @ 02/17/17 09:14 AM
Still doesn't look like numbers height is fixed on the back on NNOB jerseys though. [emoji20]

# 7 countryboy @ 02/17/17 09:16 AM
First thing I noticed was that during batter walkup they showed the hitter's stats for both today and his season totals underneath!

# 8 ajblithe20 @ 02/17/17 09:27 AM
Orioles gameplay!

Game looks like a serious improvement (not that it was bad). I'm having a very tough time playing MLB 16 now lol

# 9 adh5199 @ 02/17/17 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Nice find!....MLB Network!

They switched to another game that did not have it, so maybe it is only active for like the game of the week or its a selectable package?

Glad the stars didn't turn out to be Ken Griffey Presentation Package as some people were predicting. MLB network presentation package is awesome.

# 10 BlacknBlue @ 02/17/17 09:36 AM
37:52 you can see the Reds are wearing their Los Rojos jerseys.

# 11 LastActionHero @ 02/17/17 09:39 AM
Old built probably, the show logo was still on top of the scorebug (which has been removed) and I saw the "dead eyes"

# 12 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/17/17 09:42 AM
So with the MLB Network presentation confirmed we can almost now assume what others have been hoping for over the last couple weeks....

Harold Reynolds will be joining the booth. I think him with Vasgersian would give it a nice touch of authenticity similar to how NBA 2K series has the TNT broadcast team (even though they don't have visuals)

# 13 Archie56 @ 02/17/17 09:44 AM
Quote:
By the way these guys at GI are not sports fans at all.
I feel like they did not do the game any justice when explaining how the game has improved.

They remind me of people who work at GameStop....
They like video games, but in a weird way...
Hey now, I'm a manager at gamestop and I'm a baseball fanatic! 😝 lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 14 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/17/17 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie56
Hey now, I'm a manager at gamestop and I'm a baseball fanatic! 😝 lol

I worked at GameStop in high school....so I can kinda say that....I think lol

# 15 HustlinOwl @ 02/17/17 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
37:52 you can see the Reds are wearing their Los Rojos jerseys.

# 16 ShowTyme15 @ 02/17/17 10:01 AM
Always a good sign to see the Reds in Los Rojos jerseys. That gives me a ton of hope.

MLB Network presentation...................I called it. Glad to see a new package in. We now have 4 presentation packages now. The 3 they added last year and the MLB Network now.

# 17 Archie56 @ 02/17/17 10:06 AM
Quote:
I worked at GameStop in high school....so I can kinda say that....I think lol
You're pretty much right though, I was just giving you a hard time haha. Anyway, back on topic! The MLB Network integration is going to do wonders for this game! Just adds even more authenticity and realism to an already fantastic franchise!

# 18 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/17/17 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Old built probably, the show logo was still on top of the scorebug (which has been removed) and I saw the "dead eyes"
Absolutely an older build. Exactly what I was thinking, the game still has at least a couple weeks left before it goes gold, and this build he took to GI was probably from at least a couple weeks ago.

# 19 Sip_16 @ 02/17/17 10:29 AM
I am wondering now if when the MLB Network package is active thats when the 2 new in the booth take over calling of the game or join Matty V.

# 20 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/17/17 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
I am wondering now if when the MLB Network package is active thats when the 2 new in the booth take over calling of the game or join Matty V.
Hope not, the new commentary is welcomed addition no matter the presentation package. I just hope if it is like a "Game of the Week" only type thing that they do other MLB Network specific stuff when the package is enabled....

Maybe Ken Rosenthal or Peter Gammons report from sidelines? That'd be cool.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.