Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.03 is available now, check out the patch notes below.
  • Online gameplay fixes and improvements (both in menus and in the field)
    • Time outs, bullpen and substitution menus.
    • Pausing/unpausing at the same time as your opponent.
    • Double switching and pinch hitters/runners.
  • Detroit Tigers road uniform name fixed.
  • Year to year save fixes and message handling.
We will update this post if more details arrive later.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 SilverBullet1929 @ 04/11/17 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Don't know where to post this but why are the Cubs default road jerseys and caps from 1982 and the pants from 1902?
Wait what? What do you mean? I'm confused. If I select the Cubs on the road and don't select the uniform they'll wear 82 jerseys and caps and 1902 pants?

# 62 HustlinOwl @ 04/11/17 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmich
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I honestly don't have many issues with the servers. Now maybe I'm just extremely lucky or it's because I have a wired connection...I really don't know. I have been really pleased with the game and all of the new features they added. Yes there are problems with the game like the CPU SP problem (which SCEA did note they are aware of) among other things. Issues will be addressed as they always are. The game has only been out for 2 weeks...that is 10 business days for a company that only has approx. 80 employees working on the game. Stay patient my friends.
wired as well along with several streamers go ahead and get online to DD or BR and get back to me

# 63 kehlis @ 04/11/17 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
What's the problem? I'm curious and don't have the game in front of me now and have yet to play with the As.
They should wear the green helmet with the yellow brim for all games but they wear an all green helmet for away games. This changed IRL 3 or 4 years ago I believe and the Show never changed it.

# 64 bcruise @ 04/11/17 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Wait what? What do you mean? I'm confused. If I select the Cubs on the road and don't select the uniform they'll wear 82 jerseys and caps and 1902 pants?
Basically.

This whole thing is weird anyway - when the Cubs are the road team it goes straight to the individual uniform items screen instead of the full sets. Doesn't happen when they're home, or for any other team I've seen when they're road.

It's easily enough fixed by pushing square and setting the uniform yourself (everywhere except RTTS that is, assuming it happens there too). You can set it for them if you're playing against the Cubs too, on the same screen.

# 65 Finn @ 04/11/17 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
wired as well along with several streamers go ahead and get online to DD or BR and get back to me
Agreed there is no way the large issue at hand has to to with wired / wireless connections. I can only see that being issue for the slight few who seem to have total connection loses to the server but are not notified until after the game and that group seems relatively small.

The missing piece of information I would be interested to find out and we will most likely won't know would be the routes peoples IP are taking to get to the servers set up for The Show. I wonder if people are being bounced around or even encountering complete packet loss at the destination hence the destination ultimately decides to "add it to the queue" and "try again later to pull the info".

# 66 HozAndMoose @ 04/11/17 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Basically.

This whole thing is weird anyway - when the Cubs are the road team it goes straight to the individual uniform items screen instead of the full sets. Doesn't happen when they're home, or for any other team I've seen when they're road.

It's easily enough fixed by pushing square and setting the uniform yourself (everywhere except RTTS that is, assuming it happens there too). You can set it for them if you're playing against the Cubs too, on the same screen.
I was noticing this with the Royals on the road last night before the patch dropped. Was defaulting to the individual item screen and had random parts selected.

# 67 bcruise @ 04/11/17 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I was noticing this with the Royals on the road last night before the patch dropped. Was defaulting to the individual item screen and had random parts selected.
I figured it probably wasn't just the Cubs, that I just hadn't run across another team it happens to yet. Not surprised to find out there's another.

# 68 tessl @ 04/11/17 06:08 PM
Just played a game post-patch in manage mode. No change to gameplay as far as I can tell.

Looks like they worked on the easy fixes in this patch which is understandable. I'm guessing May at the earliest, possibly June for the big patch to fix gameplay - if there is one.

# 69 HozAndMoose @ 04/11/17 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Just played a game post-patch in manage mode. No change to gameplay as far as I can tell.

Looks like they worked on the easy fixes in this patch which is understandable. I'm guessing May at the earliest, possibly June for the big patch to fix gameplay - if there is one.
Can we not? They are going to release another patch. And they will release one that fixes a lot of our issues with gameplay. Hell their second patch came out 8 days after the first patch last year. And then the third patch dropped May 1st. Id be surprised if we dont see ONE in the next 2-3 weeks. It sure as hell wont be june.

# 70 Simp @ 04/11/17 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
'04. But I agree. Plus console games weren't patchable back then, so you were stuck.

Being stuck all year with the lefty glitch on PS2 was devastating lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 71 crumpled_heap @ 04/11/17 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Don't know where to post this but why are the Cubs default road jerseys and caps from 1982 and the pants from 1902?
i noticed this too in season mode, also the devil rays, astros, rockies (black), and rangers wear white pants on the road with their alternate jersey in the game and should be gray pants. Hopefully this can be patched since they can patch "art assets" now.

# 72 jeffy777 @ 04/11/17 06:31 PM
What if Call of Duty or Battlefield had server issues like this for 2 weeks after release? Heads would roll, to say the least. I realize SDS is a much smaller operation, but still...server issues like this should be resolved within a couple days at the very most in today's world. It's just not acceptable for multiplayer games to be crippled for weeks at a time.

# 73 SilverBullet1929 @ 04/11/17 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpled_heap
i noticed this too in season mode, also the devil rays, astros, rockies (black), and rangers wear white pants on the road with their alternate jersey in the game and should be gray pants. Hopefully this can be patched since they can patch "art assets" now.
That's actually not even art assets I don't think. They're not changing the artwork on the uniforms, they're correcting how the CPU selects uniform parts so this can and should be corrected. Not everything with uniforms falls under art assets.

# 74 forme95 @ 04/11/17 07:25 PM
I hope they just fine tune pitching and don't revert back to 16. That would be worse

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

# 75 forme95 @ 04/11/17 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
What if Call of Duty or Battlefield had server issues like this for 2 weeks after release? Heads would roll, to say the least. I realize SDS is a much smaller operation, but still...server issues like this should be resolved within a couple days at the very most in today's world. It's just not acceptable for multiplayer games to be crippled for weeks at a time.
Not arguing, and not getting into a pointless pissing match. I'm just going to say that COD and Battlefield are online based games. They are made to strictly play online. MLB isn't, it's an option to.

# 76 ninertravel @ 04/11/17 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb5239799
St. Louis Cardinals blue road hats, and Sunday Home Alternate hats are missing (not available in uni options). Batting practice/spring jerseys are still wrong for them. This may have been brought up in other posts, but I'm no less disappointed about it. Thanks.
Those unirofms won't be fixed, the only reason the tigers got fixed is it wasn't a uniform error it was a coding error, where they forgot to have name plate files on the unis.

# 77 jeffy777 @ 04/11/17 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Not arguing, and not getting into a pointless pissing match. I'm just going to say that COD and Battlefield are online based games. They are made to strictly play online. MLB isn't, it's an option to.

Actually, both of those games have single player modes. Also plenty of people buy The Show who only play online.

I don't want to argue either, and I'm not even an online player. I just feel bad for those who are.

# 78 tessl @ 04/11/17 07:34 PM
Quote:
Can we not? They are going to release another patch. And they will release one that fixes a lot of our issues with gameplay. Hell their second patch came out 8 days after the first patch last year. And then the third patch dropped April 1st. Id be surprised if we dont see ONE in the next 2-3 weeks. It sure as hell wont be june.
Calm down Clarence :-)

There will be patches. When and what they fix is the question. The Show 16 final patch was September. I believe the Show 15 final patch was July.

The devs may think my issues with gameplay aren't issues at all and not fix them, who knows? I'm not surprised at anything any more with this game.

# 79 Caulfield @ 04/11/17 07:35 PM
Quote:
Can we not? They are going to release another patch. And they will release one that fixes a lot of our issues with gameplay. Hell their second patch came out 8 days after the first patch last year. And then the third patch dropped April 1st. Id be surprised if we dont see ONE in the next 2-3 weeks. It sure as hell wont be june.
yeah, these patches arent rocket surgery. the snafus may be in the game for the first few weeks but even if Sony cant release the game online ready, they still have enough experience with this sorta thing to get most kinks worked out fairly quickly.
I have rightly or wrongly come to expect this every april. If online was my favorite thing about the Show, I probably wouldnt even purchase it on launch day. rightly or wrongly.

# 80 forme95 @ 04/11/17 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Both of those games have single player modes.

I don't want to argue either, and I'm not even an online player. I just feel bad for those who are.
Lol, barely single player modes. Well COD at least. I haven't played battlefield. I use to play my son's COD till it was barely a game to play. I'm not into online, so that ended COD for me. But yeah, I hope for online and dd it does get fixed for them.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.