Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #301
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beat 10th ranked Kansas State 31-18 on default slider Heisman, thanks to the three interceptions returned for scores.

Bourbon added the final score with a screen pass.

I have the toughest time defending the deep ball, regardless of the coverage. I am also terrible at open field tackling when it comes to my controlled player. Terrible at it.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #302
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I figured you guys might love this but I'm pretty sure you can create the "Solecismic 8" (or more) in NCAA 13...

Since you can add teams to conferences in dynasty without having to straight up replace them, you could evaporate a conference, adding those teams to existing conferences, and use that conference with team builder teams ala teams that could fall into a Solecismic 8 type of league.

Might make for a fun OD...Alaska?

I don't see how to do this. If you hit Add a team, it asks you to replace another team. Can you explain how you add a teambuilder team without replacing an existing team?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #303
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At halftime of a great game against Stanford at their place in pouring rain. Turning point was when Woods fell on a sharp cut and led to an easy pick. I agree that the slips and falls in the rain are really well done - not overdone either. Even though I'm mad that the fall has me stuck in a dead heat 21-21 at the half, I appreciate the way they have done it.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #304
SegRat
High School Varsity

I haven't played yet today, but at OS they sai a tuner pack was released today. A lot of bitching with just about everyone saying they are deleting it. Anyone here having issues.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #305
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I am also terrible at open field tackling when it comes to my controlled player. Terrible at it.

Same here. I try to just control defensive linemen now.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Stanford's running game was almost unstoppable with these settings. If it wasn't for 2 bad interceptions by their QB, I would have lost. But, our running game finally started gelling (I upped the run block for humans 1 notch as I couldn't seem to get hardly any run game going with the posted sliders and our offense line was much better than the teams I had faced) Anyway, here are the stats with that being the only modified slider from the last posted sliders on here:

Barkley was 21 of 26 for 305 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT and 4 sacks.

McNeal had 20 carries for 106 yards including one 48 yard run.

Morgan 7 carries for 16 yards.

Woods 7 catches for 62 yards (hurt in the 3rd quarter and did not return)

Lee 5 catches for 117 yards and a TD.

Grimble 3 catches for 37 yards and a TD.

Vainuka: 3 catches for 35 yards and a TD.

Morgan: 1 catch for 43 yards and a TD (screen pass that worked really well against a blitz.)

Nottingham: 17 of 33 for 320 yards 3 TD's 2 INT's.

Stepfan Taylor: 19 rushes for 139 yard (7.2 avg) and 2 TD's. I had to commit 8 men to slow him down most of the game.

Drew Terrel: 5 catches for 133 yards and a TD.
Zach Ertz: 3 catches for 31 yards
Levine Toilolo: 3 catches for 34 yards.
Jemari Roberts: 1 catch for 85 yards - beat Wiley who slipped and fell and turned it into a long TD.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
I haven't played yet today, but at OS they sai a tuner pack was released today. A lot of bitching with just about everyone saying they are deleting it. Anyone here having issues.

I didn't notice, but I might have been distracted. Then again, I think it prompts you to download it... I'm wondering if that might be the release day tuner patch you are reading about?

(I'm playing with the release day tuner patch and it seems fine, although I never played without it...)
Old 07-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of issues:

I don't have issues with bad safety play. People can't have it both ways. You want DB's who aren't perfect, so they can't cover everywhere. It's more realistic.

I think QB's are too accurate, particularly on the deep ball. Even with accuracy at 15.

I think blocking still needs a lot of work.

Those are the only two big issues I see and neither is impairing my enjoyment of the game.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #309
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post

I played an offline game this afternoon and when I got a message popped up saying the servers were down and stats wouldn't be uploaded(I guess game keeps some records of how you play even offline), so maybe they did something but I can't believe they would on a Sunday. I'm guessing they are actually talking about release day tuner but somehow missed loading it 'til now?

Having said that I did d'load the release day tuner and have been playing with that. I am so happy with the game using BYU 14's Heisman sliders that I will be avoiding, at all costs, any future patches or sliders UNLESS some game breaking bug comes up.

Only 4 games in with Iowa but I am winning games I should. They're close if they should be and I blew out a FCS team at home 66-7. Without the game open in front of me IIRC I beat Iowa State 27-17 at Iowa, Northern Illinois in a game that shouldn't have been close 21-14 at NI with them scoring with less than a minute left to get within 7. And just beat Central Illinois at Iowa 37-17. Now I'm on to conference games and a bit scared on how tough it is going to be.

I've been to OS a few times since release and can't believe the bitch-fest going on over there. OK, I guess I can
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #310
BYU 14
Coordinator

OS is ridiculous sometimes. Is this game really NCAA 12.5? Yes, but that is not a bad thing at all. The passing is so much more fun and recruiting is actually something I look forward to doing now instead of dreading it like I did in 2012. In fact now I recruit before I play the game each week and I have never done that in the past.

I don't know what people expect from a game, but I expect it to be fun and this version is definitely fun.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:35 PM   #311
RainMaker
General Manager

Two minor gripes so far. I wish there were less accuracy on deep passes. Just feels like QBs, especially mediocre and poorer ones, should miss completely on the deep ball. Either under or overthrowing the receiver. Just doesn't feel like there is a ton of risk to a deep ball.

The other is with the pick-6's which have seemed to have plagued the game for awhile. I just feel I can get them far more often than I should against the computer. Haven't played a ton of games but it should be something that happens a couple times a year, but I feel like I could easily get 10-15 in a season.

I think a fix for both the problems is making some of the misses be too low for anyone to catch. Still feels like there just aren't a lot of normal incomplete passes that either don't involve a drop or an interception. Sometimes a QB just comes up a few yards short on a pass.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-15-2012 at 07:38 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #312
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've seen some over/under thrown balls as well as balls that are just out of the reach of players. Of course I haven't seen many deep balls thrown by myself or AI teams yet.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #313
SegRat
High School Varsity

Just played a really great game in my dynasty. Im inside the 15 with a 7 point lead, 3 minutes left. I'm thinking great, at least I kick the field goal. 3rd and 10 I try to pass. In and out of the CB's hands. He would have easily scored a pick 6.

Game play wise, this is easily the best football game I have played. I do dispose motion blur. It's just dumb. I also worry that we are close to the next generation of consoles and then we will be back to square one if we choose to upgrade.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've seen some over/under thrown balls as well as balls that are just out of the reach of players. Of course I haven't seen many deep balls thrown by myself or AI teams yet.

I've seen some over thrown balls, and I've thrown some under (keep your feet set, Poli!) myself.

But it seems to me that I can complete a deep ball at will and that the CPU can as well. Cover 2, man, man under...doesn't seem to matter. I've had the CPU catch a couple of balls over a corner and safety. It's not even that money crossing route. Straight streaks can kill you.

I know that it happens at times in real life so it doesn't bother me *that* much, but it seems like they (and I) complete nearly all of them. That doesn't happen.

I find myself groaning when I don't get pressure and the CPU lofts the ball up. Either it's a deep ball or those crazy receivers have ran 30 yards downfield and curled back 15 to beat my corners.

My best pass defense has clearly been the underneath ball. As in, the CPU is being generous and completes the underneath ball.

I hate messing with sliders, but this might call for a slide adjustment.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #315
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
those crazy receivers have ran 30 yards downfield and curled back 15 to beat my corners.

This drives me nuts, not that they do it, because they should when they have run their assigned routes and things break down. It annoys me that my secondary is so slow to come back with them

I have overthrown a few deep balls and have also had pretty good luck defending it. Cover 2 and Cover 2 sink are definitely the ones that break down the most, but I have seen a difference in it happening more with less talented safeties. I use cover 3 a lot more than in the past and that has been fairly good on the deep ball, but the underneath zones are exposed.

Also haven't had any problem with 2 / man under myself, minus of course defenders getting lost on the crossing routes.

Yeah, there are flaws in coverage, but I actually like the strategy in trying to outthink the CPU and pick the coverage that is less likely to be exposed based on what they call.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #316
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Now you're calling out the Jayhawk safeties?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #317
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Now you're calling out the Jayhawk safeties?

Which is why Heaps looked so good in spring ball
Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #318
MrBug708
Head Coach

Everyone hates Todd Graham

THE ADVENTURES OF FUTURE TODD GRAHAM (A SIMULATION) - Every Day Should Be Saturday
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #319
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Which is why Heaps looked so good in spring ball

Oh man!

I just beat UCONN with UMASS on AA default sliders, 24-14.

Ball control offense. I had the ball 75% of the time!
Old 07-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #320
General Mike
Pro Starter

Someone teach me how to pass
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #321
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Can't say enough about how great this game is playing. Just beat Minnesota with my Hawkeyes in my first Big 10 game 28-0. Statistically the game wasn't that far off but I did get my first pick 6(cup did it I only control DE, other than the return) and I returned the second half kick off 102 yds for a TD. Both clubs ended up under 300yds total offense for the game.

The pick was pretty cool. They faked a pass right and the QB pivoted to throw a screen to the other side. Trouble is he threw without getting a good look and my S was already advancing on the waiting RB and stepped in front and was off to the races.

Their QB ran 17 times for 64yds. Much of that with me playing aggressive against the QB.

Canzeri my main back averaged 3.6 per carry, so yeah Big 10 defense much tougher than the second tier teams I've been playing.

I threw 1 pick against single man coverage on a deep ball.

Nothing came easy in this one despite the score. Just a great feeling game.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #322
BYU 14
Coordinator

Forced 7 turnovers (4 fumbles, 3 picks) in a 42-14 romp over Utah State that was tied at 14 at the half.

This sums up Chuckie Keetons night

Riley running the Read option for 6

Old 07-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #323
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey BYU. How do you save videos to YouTube from NCAA?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #324
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hey BYU. How do you save videos to YouTube from NCAA?

Upload them to easportsworld from the game, there is an option on your account there to download to your computer, then upload to Youtube
Old 07-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #325
Kodos
Resident Alien

Awesome! I'd tried from the Online Dynasty site, but that failed.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #326
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am enjoying the game in my limited time with it so far. I have tried one game with BYU14's sliders and came back to beat Duke in OT (as NC State) after being down 18 in the 3rd. I may need a little practice to be able to stick it to teams like Duke over the long run but I will see how the next few games go.

One big question I have for you guys:
Does anyone else notice a lot of warping/sliding players on replays or is this a problem with my game? I haven't heard anyone mention it but I get it all the time and it is very distracting to watch? If no one else is noticing it do you recommend I do anything to try an remedy it? Guys just get the handoff and slide into the gap they are running to without moving their feet and then the tackle animation starts. Really wierd.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #327
BYU 14
Coordinator

I haven't really noticed that to be honest. The one thing that happens at times with the run game is backs will get "stuck" on the side of a lineman, when in last years game they would slide off a little smoother.

And by stuck I don't mean just running into the back of them, which should stop you, but in cutting through the hole just brushing off an arm will sometimes almost stop you. Makes hitting the holes very precise, but not a big deal.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #328
BYU 14
Coordinator

Reason for changes - Speed threshold due mainly to make the closing speed of defenders more realistic as it seemed that linebackers in particular were getting to running plays a bit too fast.

Interceptions are noticeably different since the last tuner, so this was the big change. Everything else status quo. Just had my first real defensive slugfest, beating Oregon State 14-0, stopped them on turnovers or change of possession three times inside my 30.

Sliders updated 07/17 - Changes in red

Heisman
8 minute quarters
speed threshold - 20
game speed slow

Offsides and false start - 80
Holding, clipping and roughing the passer - 50
Facemask - 55
Kick, off and def pass interence - 90
Intentional grounding - 90

Gameplay - Hum / CPU

QB Accuracy 15 /15
Pass block 35 / 30
WR catch 45 / 45
RB Ability 55 / 55
Run block 45 / 50
Coverage 20 / 20
Pass rush 25 / 25
Interceptions 15 / 20
Rushing D 20 / 15
Tackling 35 / 35

FG power 45 / 45
FG acc 40 / 35
Punt pow 50 / 50
Punt acc 45 / 40
Kickoffs 45 / 45
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #329
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Does anyone know what spotlighting a receiver does?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #330
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I think it is supposed to make the AI defend that player closer - kind of shade that way if you will.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #331
BYU 14
Coordinator

Another good Defensive game as I upset Notre Dame 19-17. Missed 2 extra points and was sure it would bite me in the ass, but held the ball the last 2:50 of the game and ran out the clock.

I like the variety in games, a couple of defensive battles after a few high scoring games earlier. Got Georgia Tech next, very interested to see how the triple option functions with my sliders.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #332
Poli
FOFC Survivor

After getting dinged by a button masher online, I'm either going to be more selective in online play or have to figure out how to do all the button mashing.

I learned this, button mashers call it 'tools' that the game gives you.

Meh, whatever.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #333
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I learned this, button mashers call it 'tools' that the game gives you.

Meh, whatever.

My minivan speedometer has "200 km/h" on it, doesn't mean I need to try and get there, does it?

I'm not a fan of all the "user" stuff available in the game...that might be because I'm not good enough to take advantage of it myself or because it just doesn't seem realistic.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #334
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I swear I've never intentionally got a "big hit" in a game of NCAA. I've stumbled across a few but somehow I can't time it.

I swear I'm doing it all wrong.

Then I play online or with my youth football kids and my guys get crushed on every play. I have at the very least got to figure that out.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #335
General Mike
Pro Starter

BYU14, just wanted to say I am enjoying your sliders. I'm using them on AA, since I suck but they still seem realistic. Got really frustrated, in a good way, when my TE dropped a first down early in a game, and then later on dropped what would have been a sure TD. Kudos to you sir.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #336
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
BYU14, just wanted to say I am enjoying your sliders. I'm using them on AA, since I suck but they still seem realistic. Got really frustrated, in a good way, when my TE dropped a first down early in a game, and then later on dropped what would have been a sure TD. Kudos to you sir.

Thanks Mike, glad you are enjoying them

Have you given it a shot on Heisman? I only ask because I had never played at that level, but the game is really nice this year there for me.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #337
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Beat Indiana, 10-7, with UMASS this evening. Still ain't got a big hit. Dang if that Hoosier QB ain't shifty. 4 wides nearly all game for them...I just started playing quarter with a spy to try and slow him down.

IU scores early with a deep ball. I respond with a slow drive that gets me into the endzone before the half.

They drive to my 10 to start the second half but fumble the ball to me. Ate more clock and ate more clock. Took the ball in the 4th quarter and drove in for the score on 3rd and goal. Replay put me on the 1, which was the right call.

Delay of game for an easier kick...Indiana can't move the ball with 30 seconds on the clock.

Gonna get crushed at Michigan next.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #338
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Greatest game EVER.. wow.

What a game I just had vs #5 South Carolina. Down 31-7 at halftime, I figured it would be a blow out when all was said and done.

We outscore SC 28-0 in the second half and my CB jumps to deflect a would be game winning TD by SC on a 4th and 4 on our 8 yard line.

A FANTASTIC game.. TJ Moe returned a 70 yard punt and this 80 yard TD catch to put us in the lead for good late in the 4th quarter.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-18-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #339
BYU 14
Coordinator

You have the vid set as private Mizz
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have the vid set as private Mizz

Try it now.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #341
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
I like the variety in games, a couple of defensive battles after a few high scoring games earlier. Got Georgia Tech next, very interested to see how the triple option functions with my sliders.

I'll be interested to know how this goes. In my experience over several versions of the game, option offenses routinely underperform for the AI. They might break one here or there, but I get way too many tackles for loss and usually beat even the best option teams pretty easily.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #342
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

Have you given it a shot on Heisman? I only ask because I had never played at that level, but the game is really nice this year there for me.

I will give it a shot eventually, but was struggling so much on default AA in regards to throwing 3+ bad interceptions a game, I thought this was the first step I should take.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #343
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:

I will give it a shot eventually, but was struggling so much on default AA in regards to throwing 3+ bad interceptions a game, I thought this was the first step I should take.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-19-2012, 12:14 PM   #344
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'll be interested to know how this goes. In my experience over several versions of the game, option offenses routinely underperform for the AI. They might break one here or there, but I get way too many tackles for loss and usually beat even the best option teams pretty easily.

I have to say the Georgia Tech game was my first major disappointment. Triple option teams still underperform and I even took steps to defense it realisticaly. You typically do not blitz a triple option team since assignment based football is so important. I played a lot of cover 2 man under and had way too much success shutting down the pitch, though the inside run game seemed fine.

I won 23-21 and one of my TD's came when I picked off an option pitch. I hate to have special rules for certain teams, but I think the the solution will be to drop run defense to 5 when playing triple option teams. I am going to test it in exhibition.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #345
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yep, that's always been my experience.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #346
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Why does EA have to change friggin' buttons?!?!

Last edited by johnnyshaka : 07-20-2012 at 12:01 AM.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #347
britrock88
Pro Starter

For the LB to return that out of the end zone, that has to be Delaware, right?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #348
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice punt return by Falslev in my 56-23 rout of Idaho, though I trailed 23-21 at the half thanks to 3 interceptions and the inability to contain their QB.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #349
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

That was sweet BYU! When I ran that 70 yard punt return back I jumped up and did my MizzouRah shuffle!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #350
SegRat
High School Varsity

I just got beat 41-0. Ouch! I have never been beat that bad in a football game.