Golden State 1 0.98%
Other(please Specify) 1 0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wonder if these foreign guys ever make absurd offers. Like you're a billionaire in Turkey. You can probably give LeBron 80M net for a year and make money long term. Wonder why this doesn't happen.

Probably not worth it to bring in USA sports diva even for a year, probably figures no way he ever takes it. Plus, those teams don't play in the palaces he's used to..it'd be a huge step down.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Im a lot more confident this season. Almost on the brink of cocky. (Indiana 93, Iowa 86)

You know that the sig bet only lasts during the college basketball season, right?
Old 06-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #53
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is my Cavs pitch
-We promise to limit you to only play 60ish regular games. Basically all of the home games, but you're getting those dumb back2backs off.
-We will limit you to 30 minutes per game, no more than 2000 this season. We will get enough help out of our young legged guys that we just need you to make splash plays and blow stuff up.
-we will trade for Kevin Love or another player you like that we can land via trade.
-we will sign your guys you wanna hang out with. That means Mike Miller, Ray Allen, etc. Keep Andy around
-we will give you the 1+1 option, at your max salary level.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #54
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is my Cavs pitch
-We promise to limit you to only play 60ish regular games. Basically all of the home games, but you're getting those dumb back2backs off.
-We will limit you to 30 minutes per game, no more than 2000 this season. We will get enough help out of our young legged guys that we just need you to make splash plays and blow stuff up.
-we will trade for Kevin Love or another player you like that we can land via trade.
-we will sign your guys you wanna hang out with. That means Mike Miller, Ray Allen, etc. Keep Andy around
-we will give you the 1+1 option, at your max salary level.

Does that sleeze ball Gilbert stll own the team?
Oh he does...

Does he remember what all he said about me being a traitor and how'd he'd win a championship before me?

Thought so.

No Thanks.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #55
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Probably not worth it to bring in USA sports diva even for a year, probably figures no way he ever takes it. Plus, those teams don't play in the palaces he's used to..it'd be a huge step down.
Plus he won't get the endorsement $. It would be a wash.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #56
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post

This is comically overestimating how much money European basketball teams have while comically underestimating the desire the best players have to play against the best competition.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
This is comically overestimating how much money European basketball teams have while comically underestimating the desire the best players have to play against the best competition.

Better stated. I think I do get the idea though. Russian oligarch buys a Turkish team or an Italian team or fuck, just goes to India and recreates the IPL for basketball and wants to recruit Kobe or someone.

I don't see how one year of dominating on dudes who aren't even as good as the Rucker is really an incentive, though for say $50-70 million...if he's willing to do it, then maybe other owners are willing to come in and do something similar and then all of a sudden, it's like "why are we playing in a capped league?"

For as dumb as Bill Simmons is, I agreed after the last lockout the players should've used all of their heft and started a renegade league.

We Need a Renegade Basketball League «
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #58
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
You know that the sig bet only lasts during the college basketball season, right?

I thought it was for the year. Until the next meeting. But I will take it down if you want me too. Trust me it wouldnt bother me a bit.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #59
Kodos
Resident Alien

For me, the bet only lasts during the season.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 AM   #60
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
This is my Cavs pitch

Lebron is 29, not 37
korme is offline   Reply With Quote