Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC in now in control of its fate again! Love it! Injuries are going to be tough to overcome against Oregon but at least they have a chance - win out and they are in the Pac12 Championship.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #52
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Good win for Pinkel and Mizzou. It's been a rough week!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

Dammit. Can't we win just one of these close games? Can't we get one break?
Old 11-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #54
MrBug708
Head Coach

Thanks to Utah, ucla controls it's destiny in the Pac -12 south
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #55
Galaril
Pro Starter

So now that the PAC 12 has been eliminTed from the playoff that leaves likely the Big 10 winner ; ACC winner; SEC winner and BIG 12 . That leaves out Notre Dame even if they wi. Out I think and rightly so. I think the same goes for the Houston and Navy's if they have just one lost. If Houston wins out still think they don't get in. Maybe if NC upsets Clemson that will open up a spot for someone else. We badly need a 8team playoff.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #56
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Why do you think a one loss B12 would jump a one loss ND? I think if teams win out it will be Clemson, Alabama, OSU or Iowa, and ND.

It gets interesting if OSU and Iowa both have one loss. I would expect that to kill Iowa's chances, but I'm not sure about OSU. And if Alabama loses and both the SEC and B1G are without representatives it would be really fun to watch the fallout.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:52 PM   #57
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Why do you think a one loss B12 would jump a one loss ND? I think if teams win out it will be Clemson, Alabama, OSU or Iowa, and ND.

It gets interesting if OSU and Iowa both have one loss. I would expect that to kill Iowa's chances, but I'm not sure about OSU. And if Alabama loses and both the SEC and B1G are without representatives it would be really fun to watch the fallout.
If Oklahoma State's one loss is to Baylor, Baylor would be ahead of them.

Only way a 1-loss ND misses out is if undefeated Ohio State/Iowa, 1-loss Alabama, undefeated or 1-loss Clemson, and undefeated Oklahoma State are standing there after the conference championship games. But we still have to win out...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #58
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Baylor certainly passes the eye test, but that strength of victory is Houstonesque.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #59
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Fuck pac 12 refs
That first replay where they overturned the non-fumble call on the punt return was unbelievable. The ball didn't come loose until his elbow hit down - how they overturned that is beyond me.

The second one likely was a fumble, but unless the replay booth had an angle the broadcast didn't show, I don't see how they could have said there was overwhelming evidence to overrule the call on the field of no fumble.

UCLA got screwed.

That said, some weird decisions by Mora in this one. What the hell was up with that run/punt option? And they should have been running Perkins more in that game.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #60
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I think ND's schedule is fairly weak since a lot of the teams that looked to be impressive GT, Texas, Virginia etc have not lived up to their early season ranks.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #61
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
That first replay where they overturned the non-fumble call on the punt return was unbelievable. The ball didn't come loose until his elbow hit down - how they overturned that is beyond me.

The second one likely was a fumble, but unless the replay booth had an angle the broadcast didn't show, I don't see how they could have said there was overwhelming evidence to overrule the call on the field of no fumble.

UCLA got screwed.

That said, some weird decisions by Mora in this one. What the hell was up with that run/punt option? And they should have been running Perkins more in that game.

The replay official is in his 80s.

Plenty of head scratching decisions by the staff in this game. I also think Mora leaves if an NFL offer comes
Old 11-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #62
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I also think Mora leaves if an NFL offer comes
That would something if both L.A. schools are hiring a new coach. You think UCLA would make a play for Whittingham?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #63
MrBug708
Head Coach

Nope. I bet Guerrero promotes Mazzone...bleh
Old 11-15-2015, 09:39 PM   #64
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
I think ND's schedule is fairly weak since a lot of the teams that looked to be impressive GT, Texas, Virginia etc have not lived up to their early season ranks.
And Clemson, Navy, I think Pitt & Temple have outperformed theirs. It lacks a marquee win, especially with Stanford's 2nd loss, but any objective measure of SoS has ND above the Big Ten and Big Twelve schools, who are the teams ND would be competing with for the 4th spot in that hypothetical scenario.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:03 AM   #65
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
In the 101 years of UTEP football the Miners have *NEVER* won a game in the Eastern Time Zone. We're 0-19-1 and hoping to break that streak when we play at Old Dominion on Saturday. We've been playing better the past few weeks than we did to start the season, and we need to win this game to pretty much have any shot at a bowl game. However, the fact that due to injury we're down to our 4th (5th?) string RB in addition to the fact that we're a run-first team doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence in our chances.

*sigh*

0-20-1

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:09 AM   #66
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
And Clemson, Navy, I think Pitt & Temple have outperformed theirs. It lacks a marquee win, especially with Stanford's 2nd loss, but any objective measure of SoS has ND above the Big Ten and Big Twelve schools, who are the teams ND would be competing with for the 4th spot in that hypothetical scenario.

So wouldn't the Big 12 winner have more impressive wins if for example it was OU were wins over TCU, an undefeated Baylor and undefeated OK St?

Last edited by Galaril : 11-17-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:04 PM   #67
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So wouldn't the Big 12 winner have more impressive wins if for example it was OU were wins over TCU, an undefeated Baylor and undefeated OK St?
OU would have the best argument, seeing as their (late, borderline flukish) win at 4-loss Tennessee is by far the best OOC win by any of the big 4 Big 12 teams, but you do also have to consider strength of loss - ND's was on the road vs #1, Oklahoma's was at a neutral site to a team ND beat 38-3. A win over TCU would also not look as good if Boykin/Doctson are out.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 11-17-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #68
tarcone
Coordinator

Here is the winning argument against Oklahoma. OU lost to Texas who was shutout by Iowa State. Case closed.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #69
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Here is the winning argument against Oklahoma. OU lost to Texas who was shutout by Iowa State. Case closed.

Do you really think that Texas team OU faced was the same one that showed up to play Iowa State?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:56 PM   #70
tarcone
Coordinator

ISU sucks. They struggle beating Sister Mary's school of the blind. And only get up to beat one team any season (Iowa. That's their Super Bowl). Any team that gets shut out by them is terrible. And that terrible team beat OU.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #71
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Transitive properties of college football break down real fast this season.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote