Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Why are you posting/participating less at FOFC?
BEN!!!111 OMGWTFROFLHOUSE!!!111 4 5.41%
Because _____ left the board. 4 5.41%
Because none of these dolts can solve the puzzles I post. 2 2.70%
I'm a man. I'm 40. (Life happens and I have less time for this.) 52 70.27%
Optical Illusion. There are just as many posts, but they're in the massive mega-threads. And the dress is blue. 8 10.81%
All of the above. 6 8.11%
You're wrong...the reason is... 6 8.11%
Anaheim Angels #27 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2015, 12:14 PM   #151
Kodos
Resident Alien

Modding is a thankless job, and I would be terrible at it.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #152
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I used to post a "Our Fearless Leaders" post when people would ask this, but I'm afraid I would get boxed for it.
REPORTED.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #153
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I used to post a "Our Fearless Leaders" post when people would ask this, but I'm afraid I would get boxed for it.

Come on. Give me a break.

Ben and Ryan are the administrators.

cuervo, wademoore, QuikSand and I have mod rights for all boards. There are several people who have mod rights for specific topics or sub-topics.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

I am the Hot or Not mod
Old 05-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #155
Blackadar
Retired

I was not going to post here again but I have been tagged by multiple people to respond to this thread.

I walked away because I was boxed for two weeks for reporting an exceptionally abusive post. That in itself is an absurdity. But it's worse than that.

My impression is that some racial/religious groups (Christians, African-Americans) on FOFC are treated with far more respect than others. If you're not one of these "favored groups", it's fair game to say anything. It's gotten to the point that some posters have gotten away with advocating that certain groups (ex. immigrants, Muslims and a couple of others) should be executed. Murdered. Killed. It hasn't just been one or two comments either but a constant stream of bile. That's not a lot of fun when you or the ones you love are part of one of those demographic groups.

I don't expect any particular group to be treated with kid gloves but I do expect some semblance of common respect and fairness. I'm not seeing that at FOFC anymore. When I was boxed, I posed this discrepancy to the mods. I never received a satisfactory response. In fact, it was meant with silence.

What it boils down to is if "my kind" aren't wanted here then there are other places to go.

And thus...

Peanuts Gang Singing "Freebird" by: Lynyrd Skynyrd - YouTube

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-28-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:46 PM   #156
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I am the College Lacrosse thread mod. All Syracuse fans have been put In The Penalty Box until they make a final four again!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #157
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Come on. Give me a break.

Ben and Ryan are the administrators.

cuervo, wademoore, QuikSand and I have mod rights for all boards. There are several people who have mod rights for specific topics or sub-topics.

It did actually happen once... But for the most part this was a joke.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:18 PM   #158
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I am the College Lacrosse thread mod. All Syracuse fans have been put In The Penalty Box until they make a final four again!

So, forever then.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:23 PM   #159
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

Shit. See you in 4 years.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #160
Logan
Head Coach

Hmm. I always figured Blackadar was African American.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #161
thesloppy
Pro Starter

God bless FOFC and its vanilla suburbs.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #162
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
God bless FOFC and its vanilla suburbs.

Amen to that, brother. Ain't nothin' like them MILFS up Lake Oswego way! Amirite?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #163
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Old 05-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #164
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
For the record, I will not accept a banning.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #165
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Me too given his reaction and stories in the Ferguson debates, which are personally the main reason I don't bother posting much anymore.

Just to clarify not only because of his posts, but they were the straws that broke the camels back - I can't be arsed to deal with vitriol for having an alternative view to someone else or even asking questions, which is why I found his apparent distaste of being victim of an aggressive post somewhat ironic.

I generally wouldn't make this post this any more, but given people are asking for reasons why posts are down - for me, the board has become more regularly aggressive and distasteful: on that much I agree with Blackadar. (To stress the point, other than a couple of headline posts, JiMGA is actually now one of the more reasonable posters - you may not agree with everything he says, but at least he tries to make his points with debate, not insults or aggression)

Edit to add I am talking about the current affairs threads - outside of these things are generally Ok

Last edited by AlexB : 05-28-2015 at 04:51 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #166
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
He's been black to me since fof2 was released, far to long to change my image of him.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #167
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

No, he's just really good at telling when someone is black.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #168
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
No, he's just really good at telling when someone is black.

Probably curious what color I think you are, purple.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #169
cuervo72
Head Coach

digamma is obviously crimson.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:01 PM   #170
Dutch
"Dutch"

I dont give the mods shit because it is a thankless job. Plus, I'm 40...Im a man!!!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #171
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I'm a FOFC'er.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:25 PM   #172
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

For a worthless 2 cents, this used to be my home page. I never had any issues personally with mods but I did roll my eyes at the random times they'd institute their power and folks were boxed or banned. It's just not worth the investment of time for me if the people in charge are more interested in FOF and OT is an afterthought when I haven't personally been interested in FOF for years.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #173
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Kind of miss when the forums were combined, before FOF and Off Topic were separated.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #174
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I can't visit at work anymore. I'm online all the damn time, but that's a good blackout stretch.

This, plus real life for me.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:03 PM   #175
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I know I posted earlier in this thread, but I didn't really give much of a reason, so here's what you didn't really ask for:

All you guys grew up and I didn't. I now confine myself to places where people have to choose to put up with my immature bullshit, such as Facebook or Twitter or my house.

So, in short, it's not you. It's me.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:32 AM   #176
MacroGuru
Coordinator

For me, life changed. I still visit, I still read and I still post at times. But I am not in front of the desk anymore for work.

I am back out on the road, traveling constantly. Whenever I hit a city I usually let FOFers I am friends with on FB know before I get there, other than that I have moved back to Utah and gotten back into my old hobby of fishing and since it is the best time of year for it here, I am constantly out on a lake or river somewhere catching some fish.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #177
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Kind of miss when the forums were combined, before FOF and Off Topic were separated.

+1
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:36 AM   #178
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Even posting something you think is random, funny, and worthless might draw a rebuke in this place, which has a bunch of folks just frothing to correct something/somebody, and/or be offended, at any and all times, and it's not all the mods (though they can surely share in the blame).

Man, this nails it. Just go look in the baseball thread.

I make some over the top posts about Jacob deGrom, full well admitting I am being over the top and a fanboy, and some people just can't wait to pull out stats and prove how wrong I am. Then of course the internet grammar/spelling police come calling with pitchforks because I have the audacity to not proofread everything while posting at work or half paying attention and the wrong word auto corrects and they completely ruin what was a lighthearted conversation and banter.

I guess it makes some people feel superior and better about themselves when they correct others spelling and grammar on the internet, but really all it makes them is a colossal douche bag. I hope I spelled that right.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-03-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #179
cuervo72
Head Coach

Fair is fair. I'm good with you thinking I'm a douchebag (one word), I'll keep considering you a twit.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 06-03-2015 at 10:01 AM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:12 AM   #180
molson
General Manager

There are definitely random isolated times in this board's history where calling posters douchebags and twits would get you a boxing. If that doesn't happen here, let's see if the board survives or if this little dispute just between Lathum and cuervo72 just fizzles out shortly. That will be a good indication of how much we need the protection that boxings provide, and how much value they've added to the board v. the negative of how many posters they've driven off.

Last edited by molson : 06-03-2015 at 11:12 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #181
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Man, this nails it. Just go look in the baseball thread.

I make some over the top posts about Jacob deGrom, full well admitting I am being over the top and a fanboy, and some people just can't wait to pull out stats and prove how wrong I am. Then of course the internet grammar/spelling police come calling with pitchforks because I have the audacity to not proofread everything while posting at work or half paying attention and the wrong word auto corrects and they completely ruin what was a lighthearted conversation and banter.

I guess it makes some people feel superior and better about themselves when they correct others spelling and grammar on the internet, but really all it makes them is a colossal douche bag. I hope I spelled that right.

Yeah I agree with you. I think at any point in the board's history you always would have been called out for the DeGrom posts and didn't think any of those responses were mean spirited. The grammar nazis were a little overboard, especially for somebody like you that has been around forever.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #182
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well sure, but he's also been screwing that up forever!

Which was worse? Break up of Lakers or Bulls? - Front Office Football Central

None of this is big news. None of it is even unique - pretty sure there are sizable camps that think I'm a douchebag and that Lathum's a twit. Life goes on. *shurg*
Old 06-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #183
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I am the Hot or Not mod

The death of hot or not was when we tipped into sensitive sally land

To be fair, the board drying up probably would have happened anyway with things like Reddit becoming available. I can read 10 JB Magic-like posts an hour there.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #184
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
The death of hot or not was when we tipped into sensitive sally land

To be fair, the board drying up probably would have happened anyway with things like Reddit becoming available. I can read 10 JB Magic-like posts an hour there.

I feel like the variety of places I could post these days actually just dilutes my interest and contributes to me not posting. Something like internet fatigue. Like, if I see an interesting news/culture tidbit I could probably post something about it at the place where I read it to nobody in particular, or I could post about in an email thread, or I could post about on Facebook or Twitter, or I could post about it here or any other of a half-dozen places I casually visit.

If I DO post about it somewhere there's no guarantee that I'm going to post in the same place in the next instance, so my attention (and presence at all of these places) gets fractured. Usually though I just get some combination of bored & overwhelmed, and eventually choose not to post at all, anywhere. That didn't use to be the case when I felt like there were only a few outlets for my attention.

Likewise it has slowly dawned on me that communicating over the internet tends to stoke my anxiety, since it can be such a conflict-ridden bitch-fest, and as such my interest in engaging anyone online has faded.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:15 PM   #185
Suicane75
Coordinator

I hope that wasn't directed at me ya jag off. Wanna fight?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #186
thesloppy
Pro Starter

After school. Behind the bleachers.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #187
Suicane75
Coordinator

Can't, gotta lift!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #188
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
pretty sure there are sizable camps that think I'm a douchebag and that Lathum's a twit. Life goes on. *shurg*

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Don't overlook the factions that think you're a twit.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #189
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post

To be fair, the board drying up probably would have happened anyway with things like Reddit becoming available.

Hasn't Reddit been around for, like, forever?

Or does it just seem that way to me?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #190
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself.

Don't overlook the factions that think you're a twit.

Heh.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:47 PM   #191
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Likewise it has slowly dawned on me that communicating over the internet tends to stoke my anxiety, since it can be such a conflict-ridden bitch-fest, and as such my interest in engaging anyone online has faded.

Just for the record, the above wasn't particularly directed at this place, as much as the internet in general.

For all of my joining in on the kvetching in this thread it seems worth mentioning that for a board whose topics focuses mainly on sports, video games, and politics it's still probably less contentious than most boards dedicated to those particular topics. I recently stopped going to the Lions board I frequented for like 15 years when I realized literally all I was doing was getting in bitchy fights about shit I don't care about, and that whatever microscopic slivers of unique "information" I had gleaned from the place wasn't anywhere near worth the effort.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-03-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #192
Edward64
Head Coach

Does there seem to be more posting activity recently?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:14 PM   #193
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Seems like it. I have looked at the page after a day at work and there has been several threads with recent activity where there was a point where I could be away for a while and there would be maybe 4 threads with activity (on a good day).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #194
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Does there seem to be more posting activity recently?

You're welcome.

Last edited by Schmidty : 06-18-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #195
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Fritz. Just him. He's in charge of everything.

SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Old 11-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #196
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Fascinating
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote