Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #51
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Yeah--upon listening to those answers, I think that Tyson becomes the obvious choice. He can push the car, he will help you win any fight, and he comes with a suppy of Xanex. No brainer, really.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #52
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Yeah--upon listening to those answers, I think that Tyson becomes the obvious choice. He can push the car, he will help you win any fight, and he comes with a suppy of Xanex. No brainer, really.

Exactly. Use Tyson's "negatives" to your advantage. That's totally the key right there. If the car dies in the middle of nowhere for instance, tell him there's a woman that says he's a weakling waiting for him at the next exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 AM   #53
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

OK. How do you talk about stupid misused words and not mention "irregardless"?

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #54
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Hmm, fair point. I guess I just don't hear it enough for it to be burned into memory. This is why we need to be able to actually broadcast the f'ing show. Most segments that would be completely caller driven have to be relegted to just the two of us.

Speaking of callers, im going to begging this board pretty soon on that front....
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #55
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Hmm, fair point. I guess I just don't hear it enough for it to be burned into memory. This is why we need to be able to actually broadcast the f'ing show. Most segments that would be completely caller driven have to be relegted to just the two of us.

Speaking of callers, im going to begging this board pretty soon on that front....

I was thinking the same thing when I was listening... "What's the number to... oh.. right." Of course, if it was live I wouldn't hear it live anyway.

There was another segment I wanted to comment on, but I've forgotten what it was because I heard it while at the gym.

Old 03-16-2007, 12:49 PM   #56
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

To anyone who's been listening at all...

If you're willing, we could use a little help tomorrow in the form of a call-in. Without getting too deep into the story, a good show from us this weekend is probably the golden ticket to getting a live, on-air tryout with a New York station. Maybe for 1 day, maybe for a week, not sure... but it's more or less heavily centered on our ability to deliver a show this weekend that sounds like a real on-air show. This is a very real possibility, not just me talking shit. So anyway, for us to deliver a better show, we need callers. We've just about tapped out all friends and family on this front.

If you're willing to do me a huge favor, and you're familiar with our stuff or FM talk in general, I could use you tomorrow.

If you're interested in helping me out, send me a PM. I would need you on the phone for about 5-25 minutes, during a window in the 1.30pm-3.30pm or so window tomorrow afternoon (Saturday, March 17th). This will be an immense favor to me, and if and when this show ever makes it to air you can take pride in knowing you probably had something to do with it.

PM me if interested and i'll provide you with more details.

thanks for taking the time to read this,

ct
Old 04-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #57
Antmeister
Pro Starter

cthomer, congrats to you and Jivin for getting the radio gig. I hope everything works out for you guys and that you try to remain as true as you can to how it was presented in the podcast. It is neat to see how much progress you have made from the initial stages to this point of your broadcast. Keep it up.

Last edited by Antmeister : 04-02-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #58
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
cthomer, congrats to you and Jivin for getting the radio gig. I hope everything works out for you guys and that you try to remain as true as you can to how it was presented in the podcast. It is neat to see how much progress you have made from the initial stages to this point of your broadcast. Keep it up.

Absolutely! I went back and listened to your first 2 shows and it's quite an improvement, good work CT (and Jivin of course)! Looks like your hard work will be paying off... I'm so rooting for you guys!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:30 PM   #59
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Some here are aware that I've been part of a weekly podcast, with the goal from day 1 being to turn it into a real radio show. By that I mean the podcast is not the real goal itself, but instead has been a sort of ongoing demo in hopes of breaking onto a station.
(thread on that stuff here: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=50397)

Well, almost a year to the day we first sat in front of microphones, we're getting a night on a real radio station - a major one in New York City, for that matter. Here are the details:

Tuesday, April 10th, 9PM-12Midnight

For those in the New York City listening area: 92.3 FM (FREE-FM, WFNY)
For those outside it, the station streams online at 923freefm.com

And it's personally awesome that we're going to get to follow our favorite radio show, Ron & Fez.

Of those of you I've talked to already, I've gotten a lot of similar questions, so here's an updated version of an exchange I had over at IHOF that explains a lot of the things people are asking about:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Ric
Great news! Do you see this as the big chance to get noticed as a radio talent?

This is a very big stepping stone.

This 9pm-12 timeslot has been the "audition" slot on the station (92.3, WFNY) for months.

We're on one night (Tuesday April 10th), and the immediate goal is to do a good show that night to earn more nights/a full week in the near future.

If we get a shot at doing a full week, the obvious hope there would be to turn that into a permanent job.

Even if we don't get *this* job, the great thing is that being on air with a real station (and real callers) will give us a real demo to send out to other stations. So no matter what this is a very positive thing for us. There's a huge difference between doing a podcast like we've been doing and doing a live show on a real station (in New York, no less). One is doing it's best to approximate a real show, the other is a real show, which is valuable experience. So on that note every night we can earn on air is very valuable for creating a real show demo.

And hey, even if this ends up being one night and one night only ever, I will be able to die knowing that for one night I had my own radio show in New York City.

And re: the podcast

It will continue in it's current format until further notice (i.e. until we're on air full-time). Don't expect any drastic changes there anytime soon.

Huge thanks to everyone who's ever listened, given me constructive feedback, etc. A few FOFC based people have been pretty important to us in terms of honest critiques over the last 9 months, and I appreciate it.

thanks for reading, hope you can listen
Old 04-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #60
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Hey, congrats!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #61
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Some here are aware that I've been part of a weekly podcast, with the goal from day 1 being to turn it into a real radio show. By that I mean the podcast is not the real goal itself, but instead has been a sort of ongoing demo in hopes of breaking onto a station.
(thread on that stuff here: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=50397)

Well, almost a year to the day we first sat in front of microphones, we're getting a night on a real radio station - a major one in New York City, for that matter. Here are the details:

Tuesday, April 10th, 9PM-12Midnight

For those in the New York City listening area: 92.3 FM (FREE-FM, WFNY)
For those outside it, the station streams online at 923freefm.com

And it's personally awesome that we're going to get to follow our favorite radio show, Ron & Fez.

Of those of you I've talked to already, I've gotten a lot of similar questions, so here's an updated version of an exchange I had over at IHOF that explains a lot of the things people are asking about:

Huge thanks to everyone who's ever listened, given me constructive feedback, etc. A few FOFC based people have been pretty important to us in terms of honest critiques over the last 9 months, and I appreciate it.

thanks for reading, hope you can listen

So are you the one with the bowl shaped haircut?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #62
MJ4H
Coordinator

BOOYA

also is jivin really gay
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #63
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So are you the one with the bowl shaped haircut?

We are laid out left to right as CT & Jivin

im on the left looking really excited, Jivin looks like he's awaiting sentencing.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM   #64
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
We are laid out left to right as CT & Jivin

im on the left looking really excited, Jivin looks like he's awaiting sentencing.

Of course, the wife doesn't listen to me when I told her you were the finger pointing guy with the crazy bedhead.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:12 AM   #65
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I said it in the other thread, but congrats, CT. Remind us next Tuesday... Some of us are forgetful.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #66
Lorena
Unregistered

I had to bump this for anyone that missed this weekend's podcast, the last 9 minutes are classic

and a link for those not subscribed: http://www.ctandjivin.com/shows/ctandjivin_20071119.mp3

Last edited by Lorena : 11-20-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #67
MJ4H
Coordinator

bah I'm off work this week so I have only listened to about half of it (no 2 hour drive every day this week). Now I will have to finish it up.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #68
wade moore
lolzcat

If you don't listen to ct&j then you missed out on an absolute GEM of a song by antmeister this week.

Bravo!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #69
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

We'll be on XM Channel 202 for an hour this Sunday. I think it's 4PM (and then re-run at some other time overnight). To be honest I was half paying attention when I heard the details, but I assure you it's happening.

Ill post again when I have some more info if anyone is interested.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:38 AM   #70
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
We'll be on XM Channel 202 for an hour this Sunday. I think it's 4PM (and then re-run at some other time overnight). To be honest I was half paying attention when I heard the details, but I assure you it's happening.

Ill post again when I have some more info if anyone is interested.

I assume it will be a new show, right?
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:47 AM   #71
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

CT & Jivin on The Virus! Whoo-hoo!

Linger Longer!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #72
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
" I view the podcast as an ongoing demo"

With that in mind, my first observation comes before even downloading it.

With your stated goal being the show eventually moving to air somewhere beyond on-demand, start working now on getting accustomed to fitting into standard time blocks; i.e. get the weekly's down to an hour for now. I don't think working it down to a 40-someodd minute hour (to fit a standard broadcast clock) is necessary at this point in the development, but learning to consistently hit a round number would provide valuable practice on the preparation side of the whole deal.

Just a preliminary .02 worth for now, more if I find myself in the proper frame of mind to listen through the entire show (that has nothing to do with you or the show, that's just me knowing when I'm not in the right state of mind to give it a thorough listen).

CT,

Jon is dead on here. If you really are hoping to go mainstream, you've got to be able to hit marks. Having worked in radio in numerous capacities, I can tell you we've canned syndicated shows for consistently missing breaks.

Haven't listened to your content yet, but I'll check it out...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #73
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post

I assume it will be a new show, right?

Yep. Pre-recorded (unfortunately), but new. We did it Wednesday night, it's two segments, 52:47 total) (53 was max alotted time).

I believe the airings are 4PM EST (Sunday afternoon) and 2AM EST (Sunday night/Monday morning).
Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 AM   #74
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep. Pre-recorded (unfortunately), but new. We did it Wednesday night, it's two segments, 52:47 total) (53 was max alotted time).

I believe the airings are 4PM EST (Sunday afternoon) and 2AM EST (Sunday night/Monday morning).
Alright!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 07:39 AM   #75
MJ4H
Coordinator

Excellent, CT! Another step forward. Just keep making little step forwards and you guys will get back where you want to be. We all believe in you.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:50 AM   #76
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Excellent, CT! Another step forward. Just keep making little step forwards and you guys will get back where you want to be. We all believe in you.

Indeed!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #77
MJ4H
Coordinator

I sound like a Hallmark card
Old 02-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #78
wade moore
lolzcat

You know i'm rootin' for ya.

Quote:
Old 02-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #79
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Do I have to go buy XM this weekend or is this going into the podcast?

Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #80
Kodos
Resident Alien

Get yourself on Sirius too!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #81
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

the offical info:

CT & Jivin

XM Satellite Radio Channel 202

Sunday Feb 17th

4PM-5PM EST

re-run in the overnight at 2AM-3AM EST
Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #82
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

Sweet I will give you guys a listen at 4. Great job getting your show on XM.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

great job CT. No XM here, but congrats.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #84
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Coming on shortly...
Old 02-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #85
Lorena
Unregistered

Yay, I just tuned in!!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #86
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Nice show Corey...

Remind me to check you for Pedialyte should you ever be around my kids
Old 02-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #87
Lorena
Unregistered

So uh... can you embarass yourselves any further?

I've been spoiled with 2 hour shows and this one was a little short, but grats once again!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #88
MJ4H
Coordinator

CT I don't have XM and would appreciate a link to a copy of the show if you can still do that like you did with the previous ones.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #89
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So uh... can you embarass yourselves any further?

What I should have said was that I could never reveal personal information like you guys did on this show. Antmeister and I were saying that your show is sounding more natural... like a couple of guys shooting the shit.

Anyway, glad you're feeling better Corey.

Last edited by Lorena : 02-17-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #90
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bump!

You guys should be listening to this damn podcast.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #91
Lorena
Unregistered

Yes, it's surprisingly entertaining.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #92
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hate talk radio... but I am enjoying their podcast. Although I wouldn't be able to admit some of the stuff they've said on air. Especially knowing that my mother would in all likelihood hear it at some point. Thems some brass balls.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #93
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I need to download this week's..

Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 AM   #94
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Thems some brass balls.

I was wondering why my glass of water tasted slightly metallic???
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 AM   #95
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice in-joke!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #96
Lorena
Unregistered

eww
Old 05-13-2008, 10:05 AM   #97
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is that a hair?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:15 AM   #98
Lorena
Unregistered

i can't drink my water now without thinking of this.

thx
Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #99
Kodos
Resident Alien

Mission accomplished!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #100
korme
Go Reds

Just subscribed to the podcast- god damn 2 hours is a long time to listen though
korme is offline   Reply With Quote