Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #401
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder how Favre is taking this. It is like he saved up for a new car for 11 years, had it and then someone stole it out of his driveway after a few weeks.

I wish Ted was a mean spiteful little bastard and would pick up Randy Moss for Aaron Rodgers just for the drama.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #402
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Its too bad the trade deadline has passed. Bellichek probably could have reacquired him and traded him off for another 3rd round pick.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #403
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok so...if a guy use to be a "go long" receiver, but not longer has the speed to "go long," and he doesn't have the cojones to go over the middle and take a lick...what does that make him? Other than unproductive.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #404
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
This is awesome. What's next for the Vikes this year.

AP traded to GB?
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #405
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Ok so...if a guy use to be a "go long" receiver, but not longer has the speed to "go long," and he doesn't have the cojones to go over the middle and take a lick...what does that make him?

Joey Galloway
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #406
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ok so...if a guy use to be a "go long" receiver, but not longer has the speed to "go long," and he doesn't have the cojones to go over the middle and take a lick...what does that make him? Other than unproductive.

I'm just wondering why you think he no longer has the speed to "go long," because my eyes the past two seasons have said otherwise.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #407
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

What makes you think he doesnt have the speed to go deep? Percy Harvin already admitted that Moss was faster than him when they were messing around after practice a couple of weeks ago.

And he wont be unproductive until teams figure out that hes not longer a threat as they still use umbrella coverages against him which like ive repeatedly mentioned opens up the offense for the Wes Welker/Percy Harvin types.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #408
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The Pats certainly respected him, as Merriweather provided deep cover to Moss on every play. Why else did Harvin get so much room?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #409
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Moss absolutely has the speed.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #410
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well then...that certainly worked out well for the Vikes then, didn't it.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #411
molson
General Manager

Apparently Teddy Bruschi said, ""If you have a full grown man as HC and a good core of players, then you want this man on your team."
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #412
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

What makes him so shitty now then? You're telling me that defenses are just now starting to play him deep?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #413
Rizon
Pro Starter

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Joey Galloway
73% 54 Votes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #414
molson
General Manager

Quote:
What makes him so shitty now then? You're telling me that defenses are just now starting to play him deep?

I don't if we can look at the last 3 weeks as definitive proof that he's "so shitty now".

Last edited by molson : 11-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #415
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

He loss some speed around 03-04 and no longer can beat these coverages consistently like he used to but that doesnt make him a shitty player.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #416
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The Pats weren't throwing him the ball. There was a change in offensive philosophy.

And if you're confused about his time in MIN please refer to the first page of the thread.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 11-01-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #417
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Christ Sun Tzu, are you for real here? I can't even figure out what point you are trying to get accross.

He sure as shit isn't a possession receiver, I'm assuming you meant that as a negative commentary on his skills, but failed because you don't know what a possession receiver is?

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #418
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
He opened up the offense for Harvin and AP. Harvin has been great since Moss got here. The game is much more than stats Lathum.

Moss hasnt done shit but just seeing all the different defenses the Pats threw at Moss yesterday shows how much respect he still gets.

Its not Moss's fault if that idiot Childress didnt know how to use him.

Pats are undefeated without him and Vikings are 1-3 with him, the only win barely beating the Cowboys. He obviously has made a tremendous on the field difference, his mailing it in Sunday when he should have caught a TD in Childress' fault?

Stop defending the idiot, he is a cancer and the team is better off without him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #419
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Oh ok...so he was open, but they didn't want to throw it to him?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #420
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/statuses/29400646540#
Old 11-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #421
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
The Pats weren't throwing him the ball. There was a change in offensive philosophy.

And if you're confused about his time in MIN please refer to the first page of the thread.

They weren't throwing them, but he was still running the routes.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #422
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Christ Sun Tzu, are you for real here? I can't even figure out what point you are trying to get accross.

He sure as shit isn't a possession receiver, I'm assuming you meant that as a negative commentary on his skills, but failed because you don't know what a possession receiver is?

Please, by all means, enlighten me as to exactly what Moss is now. He isn't a productive deep threat, and he doesn't use his height to his advantage over the middle ala a quality TE.

I know I know.

Keyshawn Johnson.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #423
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

A deep threat who isn't as productive?

The guy is not running short inside routes 90% of the time, that's not going to happen. He only does to surprise the defense or to keep them honest. He runs deep, that's his skill. If he can't get the ball deep as well as he used to then he's just not as good as a WR as he used to be.

He is absolutely 100% not capable of being a possession receiver any more than he is a linebacker.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-01-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #424
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
he doesn't use his height to his advantage over the middle ala a quality TE

Maybe then he'd be a possession receiver.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 11-01-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 PM   #425
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Pats are undefeated without him and Vikings are 1-3 with him, the only win barely beating the Cowboys. He obviously has made a tremendous on the field difference, his mailing it in Sunday when he should have caught a TD in Childress' fault?

Stop defending the idiot, he is a cancer and the team is better off without him.

Sometimes you have to let players play through their stuggles. I mean the Giants should have cut their entire defense after last year but they didnt and now they have one of the top defenses in the entire NFL.

I mean that moron Childress traded for Moss and knew exactly what he was getting. He didnt find a way to get him involved directly in the offense and cuts him right before their easiest stretch of games this year in which Moss would have likely found happiness.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #426
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He can't work in traffic, can't take hits well, is not very quick, can't get YAC in traffic. Etc...will never be a Welker type.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #427
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Without him, the Vikings averaged 14.3 points in the first three games. Since they have had them they averaged 21.5. 1-2 without him. 1-3 with him. Not like they were whooping ass before they got him.

With him the Patriots averaged 32.7 points. They were 3-1. Without him, they averaged 24.6 points and went 3-0. Again, not like they sucked WITH him.

Both teams offenses improved with him.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 PM   #428
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Just to fuck with everybody, Minnesota should claim Moss on waivers.

That would be epic
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #429
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
He can't work in traffic, can't take hits well, is not very quick, can't get YAC in traffic. Etc...will never be a Welker type.

You're comparing him to someone who is quite possibly the best possession receiver in the last 20 years. No shit he's not going to be Welker. He's a shitty possession reciever, but that's what he is now. He can't do anything else, so he's been relegated to a vastly overpaid possession receiver.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #430
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The Pats offense has clearly suffered without him. But they seem to be a much more resilient and tough team since he left. They've gone from a 1st half team to a start slow but close the game out team. The transformation has happened shockingly quickly. Question is whether it was a coincidence or not.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #431
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You're comparing him to someone who is quite possibly the best possession receiver in the last 20 years. No shit he's not going to be Welker. He's a shitty possession reciever, but that's what he is now. He can't do anything else, so he's been relegated to a vastly overpaid possession receiver.

Christ, I only picked Welker because he's who I am familiar with most, I meant that type of player not a carbon copy.

Its worth noting Welker has just about disappeared since Moss left.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #432
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Please, by all means, enlighten me as to exactly what Moss is now. He isn't a productive deep threat, and he doesn't use his height to his advantage over the middle ala a quality TE.

I know I know.

Keyshawn Johnson.

He's a WR that is capable of taking the top off a defense which defensive cordinators fear like nothing else. When you have a threat like Moss on your team you cant blitz as much as you want to nor play 8 in the box a lot against them teams. He was actually a perfect compliment to a team with AP and Harvin. Now that pipe dream is over.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #433
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Overall this is just flat out odd. Part of this is probably Childress's frustration with Favre. He probably is pissed that he can't do anything to Favre so, went way overboard with Moss. If they were 5-2, no chance they release Moss and they just put up with his antics. But with a QB and WR being a thorn in his ass? No.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #434
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think we may need another Rally to Restore Sanity....
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #435
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Overall this is just flat out odd. Part of this is probably Childress's frustration with Favre. He probably is pissed that he can't do anything to Favre so, went way overboard with Moss. If they were 5-2, no chance they release Moss and they just put up with his antics. But with a QB and WR being a thorn in his ass? No.

It probably is because Moss isnt afraid to say what everyone else on the team thinks which is Childress is an idiot and no one on the team respects him.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #436
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
He's a WR that is capable of taking the top off a defense which defensive cordinators fear like nothing else. When you have a threat like Moss on your team you cant blitz as much as you want to nor play 8 in the box a lot against them teams. He was actually a perfect compliment to a team with AP and Harvin. Now that pipe dream is over.

Until Rice returns, then you arguably have a better offense than you had with Moss.

I was curious to see how things would work with all of them on the field, but I'd imagine most people, at this point, would take Rice over Moss if/when Rice is healthy.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #437
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I can't believe there are still people drinking the Moss kool-aid. I mean...c'mon, seriously here. How much of a homer could you possibly be?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #438
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Bears could use a legitimate receiver.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #439
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I think Moss in Miami would be great fun

If seeing the train wreck that is his alma mater doesn't make Chad Henne cry, having Randy "cancer" Moss on his team sure as hell will.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #440
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
Let's go, Al Davis. Perfect opportunity to fuck up that little bit of momentum. Quash it now.

Too bad he died before this year's draft.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #441
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Christ, I only picked Welker because he's who I am familiar with most, I meant that type of player not a carbon copy.

Its worth noting Welker has just about disappeared since Moss left.

And this (among other decisions) has totally fucked my fantasy team.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #442
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I can't believe there are still people drinking the Moss kool-aid. I mean...c'mon, seriously here. How much of a homer could you possibly be?

So you know more about football and Randy Moss's ability than Bill Belichick?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #443
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
And this (among other decisions) has totally fucked my fantasy team.

I have Moss on mine....
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #444
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Until Rice returns, then you arguably have a better offense than you had with Moss.

I was curious to see how things would work with all of them on the field, but I'd imagine most people, at this point, would take Rice over Moss if/when Rice is healthy.

This could have something to do it. Perhaps Rice is closer than we think and Moss/Rice wouldnt have been a great combo.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #445
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
It's not done with. I hope New England pays him so he go out like a winner rather than end his career like TO has(floating from team to team) as Ive always liked Moss and think he is the best WR to ever play the game.

If he hasnt gotten paid by week 8 and the Pats arent a Super Bowl contender he will mail it in at that point.

Pats have no reason not to give him an extension.

I do agree that he respects Brady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Whoever said Moss is the best WR in NFL history... wow. He isn't fit to sniff Jerry Rice's jock strap.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #446
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You just keep twisting things around. Let's make it simple.

He's not a possession receiver, that's just dumb. Saying he is not a possession receiver doesn't mean you think he's awesome, it just means you aren't saying stupid things.

Welker has seen the ball thrown to him less since Moss was gone. The common thinking about Welker was that he got the ball so many times because Moss was pulling defenders away from him. This was why Moss was still considered a productive WR even when he wasn't catching balls. So far, in a very limited sample size, this has been true.

Have to imagine Moss was even worse in the Minnesota locker room than any of us realize for this to happen given they gave up a 3rd round for him.

He'll likely be the same on just about any other team. There may be a couple he's well behaved on(not sure which) but he needs to sign on his own terms. Can't see him reacting well to be claimed off waivers.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:00 PM   #447
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Perhaps others are more familiar with Moss's skillset other than you?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #448
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

What Kodos said. I've stuck to my original post from the beginning, despite you claiming I've "twisted things around."
Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #449
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Too bad he died before this year's draft.

Don't tease.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #450
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Rice with the Raiders/Broncos wasnt the Rice you seen with the 49ers. Everyone gets old at a point and isnt as productive.