Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #151
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Draymond Green apparently has no self awareness. I believe pretty much everything Barkley said about him is true.

His per 36 minute numbers this year.
10.2 ppg
7.8 ast
7.8 reb
39 percent shooting percentage
1.7 steals
1.0 blocks
045 WS/48 (career .132)

While a key piece surrounded by stars, he is just an ordinary player without them.

Also, he is an idiot for bringing up rings to a top 50 all time great and one of the best power forwards in history.

If you think 10.2/7.8/7.8/1.7/1.0 is "ordinary" I don't know what to tell you. Obviously he's not a megastar to build around, but the amount he contributes on a team that right now has literally nobody around him is crazy.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:57 AM   #152
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
If you think 10.2/7.8/7.8/1.7/1.0 is "ordinary" I don't know what to tell you. Obviously he's not a megastar to build around, but the amount he contributes on a team that right now has literally nobody around him is crazy.

Well he is 178th out of 198 in qualified win shares/per 48. Perhaps ordinary wasn't the correct wording. Is awful better?

He contributes about as much to their team as Cedi Osman does to the Cavs and Ish Smith to the Wizards right now for proper comparison.

My rant was because he acts like he is a "megastar" bashing on a Hall of Famer and top 50 player. Put 3 top 10 players around him and he looks like a nice player with a huge contract. Have him lead a team and he plays like he is and probably float around the league from team to team.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 03-12-2020 at 01:17 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #153
albionmoonlight
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Assuming people here already know this but: NBA to shut down as of Thursday due to coronavirus.

Shits geting deep.

I hope this ends up being a bit of a tipping point for people.

All the scientists saying we have to isolate before shit gets bad in order to mitigate it won't really penetrate the public consciousness. People will still think "Oh, I'll go to the parade, but I won't let people cough directly on me. It'll be fine."

But something like the NBA suspending might actually get through to people. This is a big deal.

Stay home today, so when you get in a car accident in 4 weeks, there will actually be a bed in the hospital for you.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:01 PM   #154
miami_fan
Grizzled Veteran

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/us/nb...rnd/index.html

It goes without saying, the details will be important. But, kudos to Mark Cuban for remembering the hourly workers.
Old 03-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #155
bob
College Benchwarmer

As seen online:

"Since the NBA started, the team that wins the very last game of the year has been declared NBA champions. I see no reason to do away with this now. Therefore...

The Dallas Mavericks defeated the Denver Nuggets 113-97 to win their 2nd NBA championship! "
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #156
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Well he is 178th out of 198 in qualified win shares/per 48. Perhaps ordinary wasn't the correct wording. Is awful better?

He contributes about as much to their team as Cedi Osman does to the Cavs and Ish Smith to the Wizards right now for proper comparison.

My rant was because he acts like he is a "megastar" bashing on a Hall of Famer and top 50 player. Put 3 top 10 players around him and he looks like a nice player with a huge contract. Have him lead a team and he plays like he is and probably float around the league from team to team.

He's the 3rd best player on an NBA Championship winning team, and the 4th best player on two other NBA Championship winning teams. He's one of the five best defensive players in the league, and his ability to switch, rotate, and play multiple positions has a ton to do with the Warriors' flexibility. You're comparing him to Cedi Osman and Ish Smith; who would you rather have on your team? All are per 36 numbers, as you started the conversation with, except for Defensive RAPTOR, which is 538's measure of overall defensive ability (positive is better):
  • Player A: 10.2 pts, 7.8 reb, 7.8 ast, 1.7 stl, 1.0 blk, +2.1 Defensive RAPTOR
  • Player B: 13.5 pts, 4.4 reb, 2.9 ast, 1.0 stl, 0.3 blk, -0.8 Defensive RAPTOR
  • Player C: 14.4 pts, 4.3 reb, 6.5 ast, 1.2 stl, 0.6 blk, -2.7 Defensive RAPTOR

He's 17th in the league in Assists per 36 minutes (excluding players who have played fewer than 10 games), and the highest rated front court player in that statistic in the entire league. Saying that he's awful because he can't carry a team by himself is like saying Rickey Henderson was a terrible baseball player because he didn't hit many home runs or have a ton of RBIs.

Is Draymond Green a mouthy blowhard who is really hard to like unless he's on your team? Yes. He's still an extremely good basketball player who is easily one of the 50 most valuable players in the league right now. Don't let your dislike for him blind you to the fact that he's very good.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:47 PM   #157
miami_fan
Grizzled Veteran

NBA is giving free access to premium League Pass until April 22
Old 04-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #158
miami_fan
Grizzled Veteran

The Naismith Hall of Fame Class of 2020 is as follows:

Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett