Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2004, 12:42 AM   #1
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

ping: Kodos (re: Jerk Magnet theory)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn

The Oakland Raiders continued to bolster their linebacker corps Saturday, signing free agent Dwayne Rudd, who spent the 2003 season with Tampa Bay.

and in case that name doesn't ring a bell:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl.com
CLEVELAND (Sept. 8, 2002) -- In a matter of seconds, Dwayne Rudd lost his head, his helmet and the game.

Rudd drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for throwing his helmet in celebration, setting up Morten Andersen's 30-yard field goal with no time showing and giving the Kansas City Chiefs a stunning 40-39 victory against the Cleveland Browns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espn the magazine
Rudd, also gets the gobble gobble (cthomer's note: the "gobble gobble" was basically ESPN's "moron of the year" award) for establishing the current obnoxious trend in the NFL where players celebrate wildly after performing the most basic requirement of a job they are paid millions to perform

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:33 AM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

This does sound like yet more support for my hypothesis. Thanks for bringing it to my research team's attention.

Last edited by Kodos : 03-16-2004 at 10:34 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

hey, this is grounbreaking and vital research you're conducting. Anything to help.

Question: If Terrell Owens lands in Philly, would this indicate that the Eagles may start attracting jerks? Or does the magnet need to reach some certain strength before we see a rapid accumulation of jerks (Oakland, Dallas)?
Old 03-16-2004, 10:48 AM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Terrell Owens does represent quite a bit of jerk magnetism. He might be able to create an entirely new jerk polar axis in Philly.

It should be noted that Philly is already considered a center of jerk magnetness on the fan side of things. One need look no further than the booing of McNabb's being drafted or the cheering of Michael Irvin possibly suffering a spinal injury to see that. While I obviously am no fan of Irvin's, I certainly only wished a blown out knee on him - not a severe spinal injury.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Terrell Owens does represent quite a bit of jerk magnetism. He might be able to create an entirely new jerk polar axis in Philly.

It should be noted that Philly is already considered a center of jerk magnetness on the fan side of things. One need look no further than the booing of McNabb's being drafted or the cheering of Michael Irvin possibly suffering a spinal injury to see that. While I obviously am no fan of Irvin's, I certainly only wished a blown out knee on him - not a severe spinal injury.

You've got a good point about the fans... so maybe Owens could tip the scale completely. Watch for them to draft Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round.