Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

PlayStation Network ID's

I did a search and only came up with this thread, so I figured I would start a thread for all 10 of us who own a PS3. My network id is Kodos4Prez. I only have College Hoops 2k8 and Resistance so far. It's a start.

Question and possibly a request. - Front Office Football Central

Updated through 1/2/2015

Code:
FOFC Handle PSN Handle Big Fo Big Fo BigDPW BigDPW_NCSU BYU 14 XLimey Calis Gertbeef Cringer El_Cringer Daddy Torgo daddytorgo Dervack Dervack Emiliano Emiliano81 Flasch186 Flasch186 General Mike MikeRFOFC Godzilla Blitz GBlitz Groundhog AussieGroundhog hukarez hukarez Icy Icekill Kodos Kodos4Prez korme kormstar Mizzou B-ball fan limelicker Neon Chaos ImmortalKaiser Raiders Army Richard Weed SackAttack SackAttack stevew Waldorfsalad terpkristin terpkristin Toddzilla ptakers Travis Nikle vex vexroid1 Yellow5 SeriousMonkey

Last edited by Kodos : 01-02-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Mine is limelicker.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

Was lemonsucker taken?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Mine is limelicker.

What were the odds that Mizzou would be the first (perhaps only) person to reply with an ID.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Was lemonsucker taken?

If I said yes, would you believe me?
Old 01-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
Flasch186
Coordinator

Flasch186

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #7
SackAttack
Head Coach

I registered Rincewind originally, for solidarity with my Xbox Live gamertag, but I did it with a debug unit that apparently couldn't access PSN to start with.

Tried to sign in with Rincewind when I got a retail unit, wouldn't let me. Said the ID didn't exist. Tried to create that ID again, wouldn't let me.

So I ended up going with SackAttack. I know, big surprise, right?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

That'll be hard to remember.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
SackAttack
Head Coach

I know. I apologize for the inconvenience!
Old 01-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
Icy
Pro Starter

Mine is: Icekill

I couldn't use Icy so i used the old nick i had when playing WWIIOnline.

I have added you all as friends but i'm more a solo player than online. Maybe if you guys buy the show 08 we can play some games or even start a league.

Last edited by Icy : 01-28-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #11
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm on there as Nikle
Old 01-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Mine is: Icekill

I couldn't use Icy so i used the old nick i had when playing WWIIOnline.

I have added you all as friends but i'm more a solo player than online. Maybe if you guys buy the show 08 we can play some games or even start a league.

The Show 08 will be on my shelf. Never fear.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #13
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
The Show 08 will be on my shelf. Never fear.

Mine too most likely.

I'm sure it's going to be a surprise, but my ID is terpkristin on both XBL and PSN.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:11 PM   #14
Groundhog
Coordinator

edit: It's actually AussieGroundhog.

Last edited by Groundhog : 01-29-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone do the Folding@home thing?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #16
BYU 14
Coordinator

Mine is XLimey

Definitely will be getting the show 08, a league would be cool.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #17
hukarez
College Starter

Mine's hukarez... couldn't get "boocake" this time around like I did with Live awhile ago.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 AM   #18
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Ummm... I'm fairly sure mine is Groundh0g (where 0 = zero).

I tried that, but it said it was an invalid ID... though, "groundhog" seemed to go through okay...
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #19
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez View Post
I tried that, but it said it was an invalid ID... though, "groundhog" seemed to go through okay...

Apologies, it's AussieGroundhog.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #20
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Anyone do the Folding@home thing?

I leave Folding running when I'm not using the console. It's been running for 6-8 months with only a couple weeks where it wasn't running during that time.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #21
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I leave Folding running when I'm not using the console. It's been running for 6-8 months with only a couple weeks where it wasn't running during that time.

what is it?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding%40Home#PlayStation_3

Folding@Home
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Folding@Home

The PlayStation 3 Folding@home client displays a 3D model of the protein being simulated.
Author Vijay Pande

Website folding.stanford.edu

Folding@Home (also known as FAH or F@H) is a distributed computing (DC) project designed to perform computationally intensive simulations of protein folding and other molecular dynamics (MD). It was launched on October 1, 2000, and is currently managed by the Pande Group, within Stanford University's chemistry department, under the supervision of Professor Vijay Pande. Folding@home is the most powerful distributed computing cluster in the world, according to Guinness,[1] and one of the world's largest distributed computing projects.[2] The goal of the project is "to understand protein folding, misfolding, and related diseases."[3]

Accurate simulations of protein folding and misfolding enable the scientific community to better understand the development of many diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, BSE (mad cow disease), cancer, Huntington's disease, cystic fibrosis and other aggregation-related diseases. [2] More fundamentally, understanding the process of protein folding — how biological molecules assemble themselves into a functional state — is one of the outstanding problems of molecular biology. So far, the Folding@home project has successfully simulated folding in the 5-10 microsecond range — a time scale thousands of times longer than it was previously thought possible to model.[4] The Pande Group goal is to refine and improve the MD and Folding@home DC methods to the level where it will become an essential tool for the MD research. [5] For that goal they collaborate with various scientific institutions. [6] As of December 13, 2007, fifty-four scientific research papers have been published using the project's work.[7] A University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign report dated October 22, 2002 states that Folding@home distributed simulations of protein folding are demonstrably accurate.[8]

On September 16, 2007, the Folding@Home project officially attained a performance level higher than one petaFLOPS, becoming the first computing system of any kind to do so, although it had briefly peaked above one petaFLOPS in March 2007.[9][10]. In comparison, the fastest supercomputer in the world (as of November 2007, IBM's Blue Gene/L supercomputer) peaks at 478.2 teraFLOPS (1000 teraFLOPS=1 petaFLOP).

How it works

Folding@Home when running takes advantage of unused CPU cycles on a computer system as shown by this computer's 100% CPU usage.Folding@Home does not rely on powerful supercomputers for its data processing; instead, the primary contributors to the Folding@home project are many hundreds of thousands of personal computer users who have installed a small client program. The client will, at the user's choice, run in the background, utilizing otherwise unused CPU power, or run as a screensaver only while the user is away. In most modern personal computers, the CPU is rarely used to its full capacity at all times; the Folding@Home client takes advantage of this unused processing power.

The Folding@Home client periodically connects to a server to retrieve "work units," which are packets of data upon which to perform calculations. Each completed work unit is then sent back to the server. As data integrity is a major concern for all distributed computing projects, all work units are validated through the use of a 2048 bit digital signature.

The Folding@Home client utilizes modified versions of four molecular simulation programs for calculation: TINKER, GROMACS, AMBER, and CPMD.[11] There are many core variations on these base simulation programs:[12]

Participation

Folding@Home computing power shown - by device type - in TeraFLOPS as recorded semi-daily since November 2006. Note the large spike in total compute power after March 22nd, when the PlayStation 3 client was released.Shortly after breaking the 200,000 active CPU count on September 20, 2005, the Folding@home project celebrated its fifth anniversary on October 1, 2005.

As of January 5, 2008, the Folding@Home project has received computational results from over 2.7 million devices[2] over the course of its time.

Interest and participation in the project has grown steadily since its launch. The number of active devices participating in the project increased substantially after receiving much publicity during the launch of their High Performance clients for both ATi Graphics Cards and the PlayStation 3.

As of November 3, 2007 the peak speed of the project overall has reached over 1.5 PFLOPS.[2]

Google & Folding@home

There used to be cooperation between Folding@home and Google Labs in the form of Google Compute. Google Compute supported Folding@home during its early stage — when Folding@home had ~10,000 active CPUs. At that time, a boost of 20,000 machines was very significant. Today the project has a large number of active CPUs and the number of new clients joining Google Compute was very low (most people opted for the Folding@home client instead), so it was discontinued. The Google Compute clients also had certain limits: they could only run the TINKER core and had limited naming and team options. Folding@home is no longer supported on Google Toolbar, and even the old Google Toolbar client will not work.[16]

High performance platforms

Folding@home average megaFLOPS per individual client type. One single GPU accounts for as much processing power as about 60 CPUs under Windows. Note that this is not a measure of raw processing power, but depends on a variety of other factors such as uptime and CPU load.
[edit] Graphical processing units
As of October 2, 2006, the Folding@home GPU client has been released into the public as a beta test. After 9 days of processing from the Beta client the Folding@home project had received 31 teraFLOPs of computational performance from just 450 X1900 GPUs, averaging at over 70x the performance of current CPU submissions.[2] The next FAH GPU client will support 2xxx/3xxx series of ATI GPUs, there are no FAH GPU clients for Nvidia GPUs.[17]

PlayStation 3

The PlayStation 3's Folding@Home client was made available on March 22, 2007.Stanford announced in August 2006 that a folding client was available to run on the Sony PlayStation 3.[18] The intent was that gamers would be able to contribute to the project by merely "contributing electricity," leaving their PlayStation 3 consoles running the client while not playing games. PS3 firmware version 1.6 (released on Thursday, March 22, 2007) allows for Folding@home software, a 50 MB download, to be used on the PS3.[2] A peak output of the project at 990 teraFLOPS was achieved on 25 March, 2007, at which time the number of FLOPS from each PS3 as reported by Stanford fell, reducing the overall speed rating of those machines by 50%. This had the effect of bumping down the overall project speed to the mid 700 range and increasing the number of active PS3s required to achieve a petaFLOPS level to around 60,000. Lately, the console accounts for about 60% of all teraFLOPS. On April 25, 2007, Sony announced that a new version of Folding@home would be released the next day. The new version would improve folding performance beyond the current capacity, far beyond even the 400 teraFLOPS previously reached by PS3 users.[19] The release led to the breaking of the petaFLOPS barrier for the first time by any computing system in history on September 15, 2007. [20][21] Guinness World Record will recognize Folding@Home as the most powerful distributed computing network, in large part thanks to the PS3.[22]

On December 19, 2007, Sony again updated the Folding@Home client to version 1.3 to allow users to run music stored on their hard drives while contributing. Another feature of the 1.3 update allows users to automatically shut down their console after current work is done or after a limited period of time (for example 3 or 4 hours).[23][24] Also, the software update added the Generalized Born implicit solvent model, so the FAH PS3 client gained more broad computing capabilities.

Multi-core processing client

Folding@Home SMP Client set to use 95% of a quad core processor.As more modern CPUs are being released the migration to multiple cores is becoming more adopted by the public, the Pande Group is adding symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) support to the Folding@home client in the hopes of capturing the additional processing power. The SMP support is being achieved by utilizing Message Passing Interface protocols. In current state it is being confined inside a single node by hard coded usage of the localhost.

On November 13, 2006, the beta SMP Folding@home clients for x86-64 Linux and x86 Mac OS X have been released. The beta win32 SMP Folding@home client is out as well, and a 32-bit Linux client is currently in development.[25]

Folding@home teams

A typical Folding@home user, running the client on a single PC, will likely not be ranked high on the list of contributors. However, if the user were to join a team, they would add the points they receive to a larger collective. Teams work by using the combined score of all their members. Thus, teams are ranked much higher than individual submitters. Rivalries between teams create friendly competition that benefits the folding community. Many teams publish their own stats, so members can have intra-team competitions for top spots. Teams offer no real benefits other than ones of self-gratification, and possibly extra contributions (to add to the teams rank).[26]

Development

The Folding@home project does not make the project source code available to the public, citing security and integrity concerns.[27][28] At the same time, the majority of the scientific codes used by the FAH (ex. Cosm, GROMACS, TINKER, AMBER, CPMD, BrookGPU) are largely Open-source software or under similar licenses.

A development version of Folding@Home once ran on the open source BOINC framework; however, this version remained unreleased.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 PM   #23
Yellow5
High School Varsity

New owner thanks to MLB 08 The Show. Member name is "SeriousMonkey"
Old 03-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #24
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, I noticed Kodos finally got around to approving my friend request, like, six weeks after I sent it!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #25
korme
Go Reds

kormstar checking in
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #26
SackAttack
Head Coach

you got MLB, Shortstuff?
Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM   #27
BYU 14
Coordinator

Is there still interest in forming an online FOFC league for The Show 08?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #28
korme
Go Reds

Yea, Sack. Available if you want to go at it too.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #29
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Yea, Sack. Available if you want to go at it too.

Sweet. If you want to add me, I'll go fire up the PS3 and we'll rumble.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #30
Calis
College Starter

Just picked up a PS3 and got it all hooked up.

Gertbeef is my nick.

I picked up The Show with it, and probably won't grab anything else in the foreseeable future as a fair warning though.

Last edited by Calis : 03-09-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

kansascitypenguins is my psn ID.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #32
korme
Go Reds

Shoot, it's been a half hour since your post (was putting my fantasy team together), but I'm still game if you are
Old 03-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #33
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
kansascitypenguins is my psn ID.

too long
Old 03-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Shoot, it's been a half hour since your post (was putting my fantasy team together), but I'm still game if you are

I'm around and available any time tonight. Grab me at SackAttackFOFC on AIM whenever you're ready!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #35
korme
Go Reds

Give me about 15 min and then Ill Im you
Old 03-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #36
SackAttack
Head Coach

Word.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #37
korme
Go Reds

Good game Sack. I'd say the first inning was rough for us adjusting to being online, but besides that we both hit well and I just ran the bases poorly!

The battles with the stolen bases were very intense as well! Good game
Old 03-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #38
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Good game Sack. I'd say the first inning was rough for us adjusting to being online, but besides that we both hit well and I just ran the bases poorly!

The battles with the stolen bases were very intense as well! Good game

Yeah, the stolen base battles were fun. I really didn't think you were going to run after two straight pickoff attempts, but I'm glad you did.

My biggest problem - and I don't know if this was affecting you with Pierre - was the thing I've griped about in the MLB 08 thread with the auto-switching when the computer determines that, no, the player running towards the ball really isn't the player you're TRYING to control. That bit me on a pop-up bunt that really should have been an out.

Latency seemed like it was an issue all game long, but I'll chalk that one up to how new the game is. I had one easy pop fly that landed for a hit in your two-run inning when my shortstop just *stood* there for forever.

I was also having problems all game long with the game just saying "Okay, there's your pitch" and not letting me use the pitch meter to set intensity. Was it doing that to you?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #39
korme
Go Reds

Sack, it does that when your human opponent correctly guesses the location or type of pitch.

I also noticed you weren't controlling your pitch.. you would just let the bar go all the way to the bottom. On purpose?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #40
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sack, it does that when your human opponent correctly guesses the location or type of pitch.

I also noticed you weren't controlling your pitch.. you would just let the bar go all the way to the bottom. On purpose?

Nope, I think that's related to the latency thing. On a NUMBER of pitches, the meter never moved for me. I'd pick my pitch, and then I'd hit the button to start it, it wouldn't move. I'd hit it a second time, and suddenly it's pitching.

Or I'd hit it the first time and it would just pitch without ever starting the meter.

And I know it does that when the opponent correctly guesses location/pitch type, but it was lighting up for pitch type probably 80% of the time. I didn't think I was THAT predictable.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #41
korme
Go Reds

Any more excuses?

Just kidding, anyways I was wishing I could've talked to you while the game was going on, next time you want to have a rematch let me know.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 PM   #42
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Any more excuses?

Just kidding, anyways I was wishing I could've talked to you while the game was going on, next time you want to have a rematch let me know.

Who said anything about excuses?

I have a headset somewhere, but

a) I'm not sure where I put it, and
b) when I switched from wireless to wired to make sure it wouldn't drop me (as it has done when I'm only playing *offline*), it said that my NAT settings might restrict my ability to chat.

So.

We'll rematch, sure, but I don't know if/when I'll be able to gab on my PS3. Oddly I don't have a problem with that on 360.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #43
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

The 360 one made me want to look this up.

My PSN name is El_Cringer

Only thing I have right now is Call of Duty: World at War. I play a good amount I guess and would like some guys to team up with, maybe do some zombie crap since I have only done it once and would like to do it more. The zombie thing was fun as hell.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #44
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think mine is either Raiders Army or Richard Weed. In any case, I only have NCAA Football 2009 (which I got when my 360 was red circled).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:50 AM   #45
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Santa was good this year. I'm in.

GBlitz on PSN.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #46
SackAttack
Head Coach

I should be getting a new headset this week, so yay for that.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #47
Kodos
Resident Alien

All updated. I am almost never on PSN, but what the heck.

Code:
FOFC Handle PSN Handle Big Fo Big Fo BYU 14 XLimey Calis Gertbeef Cringer El_Cringer Dervack Dervack Flasch186 Flasch186 Godzilla Blitz GBlitz Groundhog AussieGroundhog hukarez hukarez Icy Icekill Kodos Kodos4Prez korme kormstar Mizzou B-ball fan limelicker Raiders Army Richard Weed SackAttack SackAttack stevew kansascitypenguins terpkristin terpkristin Travis Nikle Yellow5 SeriousMonkey

Last edited by Kodos : 01-16-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #48
Travis
Pro Rookie

Thanks Kodos, much appreciated. I'll do some adding some time this weekend.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #49
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm on there as Big Fo. I don't play online all that often but if anyone else has Motorstorm: Pacific Rift maybe we can get some races going one of these nights.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #50
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Good stuff, Kodos, with the update.

I'll get to adding some names over the weekend.

What do people think of the Trophy system?
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote