Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
markprior22
High School Varsity

Paranormal/demonic happenings

Anyone here have anything "strange" happen to or around them that you chalked up to paranormal activities? I was talking to someone last night who told me a couple of stories that they believe involved demonic activity. I have my own beliefs when it comes to this stuff but I don't ever recall having an experience that I thought was "other worldly." This is something I would have to experience first hand to be able to believe it. BTW, dead trout ghosts don't count.

markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

No, but I'm so amazed at how many celebrities have. And so glad they've decided to share their stories with us!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

We have regular paranormal activity at the winery our family owns. I've personally experienced:

-Loud footsteps on the floor above me when I was the only one in the building.
-Door opened and closed on its own no more than 20-30 feet from me.
-Child giggling and running footsteps in the rooms where the orphans used to go to school.
-Heard a female voice say 'Well, hello little one!' right after my two year old ran around the corner. Walked around the corner to find her looking up as though something was there. My daughter just turned and smiled at me when she realized I was watching her.
-Saw a shadow peek out of a doorway down a long hall in one of our abandoned buildings. We thought a homeless person was in the building and ran down to catch him/her. Got to the doorway only to see that the window was intact, there were no other exit doors, and the floor was collapsed in the room to the point where no one could have stood in there without falling to the floor below.

I'm certainly not scared by anything that happens out here, but it's definitely a goosebump moment when things happen and you know you're the only person in the building.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
thesloppy
Pro Starter

When I was 18 and moved into my first house with friends, we had pretty much the proverbial horror movie script, where one day some lady knocks on the door and proceeds to tell us that her father hung himself in my bedroom, about a year beforehand. The only way this spirit would manifest itself was to regularly turn off my CD player (apparently whenever it didn't like the music) while it was playing. I had this CD player for years, and it never behaved like that before or after. Pretty benign, as ghost stories go, and we were constantly over-drunk 18 year olds, so it entertained us more than scared us...but it meets all the criteria, and in hindsight I'm convinced that we had a ghost....who really hated '90s Red Hot Chili Peppers (and can you blame it?).
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

Yes, I have.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

ping Sidhe
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Anyone here have anything "strange" happen to or around them that you chalked up to paranormal activities? I was talking to someone last night who told me a couple of stories that they believe involved demonic activity. I have my own beliefs when it comes to this stuff but I don't ever recall having an experience that I thought was "other worldly." This is something I would have to experience first hand to be able to believe it. BTW, dead trout ghosts don't count.

I was in the bathroom today and some demons came out of me. They were vicious vile smelly demons.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Had an unexplainable event but not sure how to classify it.

Three of us were coming back from Wildwood late one night and my friend wanted to stop at a pay phone to make a call (yes young'ens, we had no cell phone) to let his mother know that we were running late (his father had recently passed away and his mother was worried every time my friend left the house for a while). We pulled over near the phone and he got out. Thought we were the only ones in the parking lot at the time (was a general store type of establishment which had long since closed for the evening).

Suddenly lights were shining at us from a car that was parked about 15 yards away facing directly at the driver's side of my friend's car. This caught us off guard as the two of us still in the car had already worked ourselves into a hyper attentive state discussing how this location looked exactly like where the first murder in any horror film of the 80's would start.

We didn't see a car come into the parking lot but thought maybe we missed it and the person was waiting to use the phone. We watched the car and soon the lights went out but by this time we continued to watch as there was no way we were going to let the psycho axe chainsaw murdered in that car get our of our sight. Our friend got in the car and seemed a little spooked as he said that he we looking around while he was calling and it seemed that car appeared during the time it took him to turn his head to one side and back. We made some sort of joke about that (though we were still watching that banjo toting cereal rapist's car to make sure he didn't try to get closer to us).

He started to pull out and asked if we saw anyone get out of the car. That is when we saw that there was no obvious person in the car. Maybe someone pulled in to get some sleep after a long day on the road (weird ass place to do so). We drove slowly closer to the car until we were right next to it and could see in. There wasn't anyone in the car. This pretty much freaked us out to where we pulled out of there quickly (mostly because we knew that this psycho already had a pit dug for each of us).

Like I said, odd story but no idea how to explain it.

Yes, we could have missed seeing the car pull in, so that is not the odd part in my eyes.

The odd part is where this person went. The car was far enough away from the store that there was no chance this person walked over there without us seeing as we were watching closely once we saw the lights and the area between the car and the store was the easiest for us to see. Could have gotten out the other side of the car but that just makes it feel a little creepier as the only reason to get out that side would be so that we woudln't see the person get out. If the person did get out that way, where did he go?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #9
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Personally never- but my grandfather died in his bedroom a few years back, I slept in there a few times after, never had any issues or anything. One time my nephew who was 3 or so at the time was staying in that room, and he asked who that man standing in the corner was. Then he said it was a ghost, but never wanted to talk about it.

So I don't know what to think about it.

I've always wanted to go stay a night at the Myrtles in St. Francisville, LA (about 20 minutes from my hunting camp). It's supposedly one of the most haunted places, but I'd love to experience something and know for sure. I see it all on TV, I hear stories but I'm always very skeptical, and want to know for sure.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't want to threadjack this into a thread about religion, but I am curious if anyone feels the way I do.

I have always been conflicted about God, wavering between some level of atheism, agnosticism and God-fearing. Lately, with both of my parents having passed away, I have thought often of mortality and the afterlife (as is natural). For decades now I have found myself struggling between my desire that God exist and that death's not all there is, and my logical mind telling me how nutty it is to believe in something that has no corporeal existence providing some perfect afterlife. It doesn't help that I am convinced that, whatever God's message may be/have been, man has so screwed it up that I can't really put any trust in any religion, which to me is a man-made artifice and subject to similar failings.

In my quest to know (and, yes, I know the point of faith is to believe without knowing), I have often looked for signs of God in the real world, or at least signs that death isn't the end of it all. And ghosts/paranormal phenomena have always intrigued me as a result.

I am just wondering what anyone else with the same struggles as me with religion, what they think about stories like these? What that tells them about the afterlife? Or God?

Sorry, no juicy ghost stories from me, BTW. They probably avoid me because I keep my eye out for them.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #11
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

My sister says she has experienced a few things over the years. When we last lived with my parents she would wake up to something standing next to her bed. Later on it started happening again at another house that we lived in with just my mom. Eventually, neither of my parents actually had a place to live of their own so my sister ended up staying with another family. She went through a period where all sorts of weird stuff was happening until finally something held her down on her bed and wouldn't let her move. The family called someone to come out and investigate and the lady went through her stuff and hand picked only stuff that my sister had brought with her from the original house that my sister first had issues at. They burned the items and did some sort of blessing on the house and my sister never had any issues again.

I never experienced any issues but its hard to say what sort of stuff was going on at the first house. My parents both became addicted to crack which is what led to them losing the first house and also led to my mom developing schizophrenia. My mom claimed stuff was attacking her at the first house but nobody ever really took it seriously due to her illness.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
My sister says she has experienced a few things over the years. When we last lived with my parents she would wake up to something standing next to her bed. Later on it started happening again at another house that we lived in with just my mom. Eventually, neither of my parents actually had a place to live of their own so my sister ended up staying with another family. She went through a period where all sorts of weird stuff was happening until finally something held her down on her bed and wouldn't let her move. The family called someone to come out and investigate and the lady went through her stuff and hand picked only stuff that my sister had brought with her from the original house that my sister first had issues at. They burned the items and did some sort of blessing on the house and my sister never had any issues again.

I never experienced any issues but its hard to say what sort of stuff was going on at the first house. My parents both became addicted to crack which is what led to them losing the first house and also led to my mom developing schizophrenia. My mom claimed stuff was attacking her at the first house but nobody ever really took it seriously due to her illness.

Heh...almost sounds like the first Paranormal Activity.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Chief, I'm kind of the same way. I've never really been attracted to any sort of organized religion but also don't really want to think that death is the end. I think I keep an open mind to this sort of thing exactly because it implies that there is more than just life and death.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #14
Telle
College Starter

When I was in college, I was sitting on my bed in my dorm room and heard a sound from across the room. I looked up, and saw my roommate's plastic shelving thing tip over to the side and inch or two, and then right itself. The cord from the phone that was on it was then swinging because of the movement. Freaked me the hell out.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #15
Suicane75
Coordinator

I seen a bigfoot, but I've seen the way yall treat guys like me.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:58 PM   #16
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

we dont like your kind round here boy
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
molson
General Manager

I was staying at this campy "haunted" bed and breakfast in Montana, actually, this place:

Ghost Rails Inn - Bed and Breakfast near Missoula Montana

Very nice people running it, they gave us the talk about the house being haunted by an old lady who owned the inn for 50 years or whatever. Most of the hauntings would manifest as the old lady performing chores around the house - the scariest one is she would sometimes try to make the bed while you were sleeping in it, and the sheets would be tucked in around you.

I think we asked specifically for the "most haunted" room - we had our dog, who slept by the door. In the middle of the night, there was a large crash right outside the door, like a large wood crate being dropped. Then it sounded like it was being pushed along the floor right outside the door. I went out, didn't see anything. We told the B&B owners the next day, they surmised that the old lady was "trying" to come into the room, maybe to do laundry or something, but couldn't, because of the competing spirit of the dog lying against the door - I forget the actual explanation - either she didn't like dogs, or dogs somehow repel ghosts, whatever it was......perhaps the B&B owners were playing a trick on us. Either way, it was fun.

Last edited by molson : 09-22-2011 at 07:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #18
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Several, more than I'd really want to go into great detail about honestly.

-- Several intelligent hauntings by benign/benevolent spirits (both visual & physical; i.e. stuff moving),
-- at least one residual haunting,
-- a couple of "possessions", as in a spirit "speaking through" someone temporarily/briefly (yes, if it happens more than once then the target has been "repossessed" )
-- at least one, maybe two, rather belligerent hauntings as well
Old 09-22-2011, 07:46 PM   #19
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'd love to see a ghost, but not in my house.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #20
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Several, more than I'd really want to go into great detail about honestly.

-- Several intelligent hauntings by benign/benevolent spirits (both visual & physical; i.e. stuff moving),
-- at least one residual haunting,
-- a couple of "possessions", as in a spirit "speaking through" someone temporarily/briefly (yes, if it happens more than once then the target has been "repossessed" )
-- at least one, maybe two, rather belligerent hauntings as well

How on Earth did you run into so many? Seems weird. They following you around?

Old 09-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
How on Earth did you run into so many? Seems weird. They following you around?

That's not really a big number (or doesn't seem like it to me over 40+ years).

The residual (or what I believe was residual) was in the hundred year old house in Monticello. Old houses are notorious for that kind of thing.

The intelligent ones include 2-3 that are persons known to us, like my wife's grandmother appearing at the foot of the bed when she was seriously ill (the pneumonia that led to the discovery of her cancer). I saw the apparition, my wife was asleep. Froze me completely, easily the most "real" one I ever saw. I described the figure (w/out explaining why) to her the next morning & when I finished she asked "when did you see a picture of my grandmother?" ... I hadn't. Most are that sort of thing, although a couple are more in the realm of random things you see if you put yourself in a location known to have activity.

Both the "possessions" I mentioned & the more belligerent spirits I believe I've encountered were at a time when I had a fairly large number of people in my life who were, well, into this sort of stuff. That tends to create opportunities that you might not ordinarily run across since they're actively seeking contact & what not.

I'll say this much, I've seen plenty to last me to the end of this lifetime, no real urge to bump into any more frankly.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I was in the bathroom today and some demons came out of me. They were vicious vile smelly demons.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #23
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't want to threadjack this into a thread about religion, but I am curious if anyone feels the way I do.

I have always been conflicted about God, wavering between some level of atheism, agnosticism and God-fearing. Lately, with both of my parents having passed away, I have thought often of mortality and the afterlife (as is natural). For decades now I have found myself struggling between my desire that God exist and that death's not all there is, and my logical mind telling me how nutty it is to believe in something that has no corporeal existence providing some perfect afterlife. It doesn't help that I am convinced that, whatever God's message may be/have been, man has so screwed it up that I can't really put any trust in any religion, which to me is a man-made artifice and subject to similar failings.

In my quest to know (and, yes, I know the point of faith is to believe without knowing), I have often looked for signs of God in the real world, or at least signs that death isn't the end of it all. And ghosts/paranormal phenomena have always intrigued me as a result.

I am just wondering what anyone else with the same struggles as me with religion, what they think about stories like these? What that tells them about the afterlife? Or God?

Sorry, no juicy ghost stories from me, BTW. They probably avoid me because I keep my eye out for them.

Yeah I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you, and kind of why it'd be cool to experience something. If there is just 1 ghost then there has to be some sort of afterlife, some sort of god and death isn't simple the end...right?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
Comey
College Starter

I've seen a good many in my day; living near Gettysburg can do that. But I've been in the presence of belligerent spirits as well...locked doors opening and slamming, things falling over, etc. Just got used to it; I would try to get it to answer me somehow, but I was never successful.

This is the thread to read while I'm sick and about to go to sleep. Such good choices I make.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #25
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
Yeah I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you, and kind of why it'd be cool to experience something. If there is just 1 ghost then there has to be some sort of afterlife, some sort of god and death isn't simple the end...right?

The odd thing when you actually experience something is that you don't always know right away that something has happened that was paranormal. For example, when I heard footsteps for the first time in our building, I went upstairs assuming that someone was up there. When I got up there and absolutely nothing was there and I hadn't heard anyone running away, I had goosebumps like mountains on my arm.

I'd note that I was generally pretty skeptical of paranormal stuff before I started working out there on a regular basis. I now have no doubt that something is happening out there. I just don't have a good reason why is all. We did have over 10,000 deaths recorded on the site, so if you theorize that paranormal stuff is from the dead, the property has plenty of ammo in that regard.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
The odd thing when you actually experience something is that you don't always know right away that something has happened that was paranormal. For example, when I heard footsteps for the first time in our building, I went upstairs assuming that someone was up there. When I got up there and absolutely nothing was there and I hadn't heard anyone running away, I had goosebumps like mountains on my arm.

I'd note that I was generally pretty skeptical of paranormal stuff before I started working out there on a regular basis. I now have no doubt that something is happening out there. I just don't have a good reason why is all. We did have over 10,000 deaths recorded on the site, so if you theorize that paranormal stuff is from the dead, the property has plenty of ammo in that regard.

Why so many dead? Isn't your business a winery?

Or was it built over a graveyard or a former hospital site or something?

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-22-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #27
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Why so many dead? Isn't your business a winery?

Or was it built over a graveyard or a former hospital site or something?

Four different buildings on the site. One was an orphanage, two of them were old folks homes, and last one was a hospital for 50+ years.

We also do have a graveyard with around 600 graves and a WWII memorial to six of the Odd Fellows members who died in combat.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-22-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #28
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I have never really believed in these sort of things until we had something happen within our family. I originally shared here:

Prayers and good thoughts request - Front Office Football Central

Specifically, here

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - Prayers and good thoughts request

For those who don't want to go back to the old thread-

Mrs. SR's cousin committed suicide about a year ago. Afterwards, his mom (my aunt) went to a psychic.

The psychic was able to tell my aunt things that nobody outside of the family would ever know. Hell, people inside the family didn't know.

The first one, the first night Chris was laid out, his hair was different than he usually wore it. His mom said to my wife "I'm asking them to fix it...that's not how I remember him. He never looked like that." It was taken care of for the following day.

One of the first things the psychic tells my aunt is "Chris said thanks for fixing his hair".

Another- Chris has an older sister. She is very career-oriented, and has hinted in the past to not wanting kids.

The psychic told her "Chris says don't worry...you'll get to be a grandmother." This occurred October 2010. We found out December 2010 Chris' girlfriend was pregnant.

And then there is his cell phone. Shortly after the funeral, both the aunt and uncle would receive texts from Chris' number. But they had his phone. They took it to Verizon to see what was happening, but nobody could answer why. (This part I can at least buy an explanation of a "glitch", but along with everything else makes me think there is more to it).
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #29
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
My sister says she has experienced a few things over the years. When we last lived with my parents she would wake up to something standing next to her bed. Later on it started happening again at another house that we lived in with just my mom. Eventually, neither of my parents actually had a place to live of their own so my sister ended up staying with another family. She went through a period where all sorts of weird stuff was happening until finally something held her down on her bed and wouldn't let her move.
same thing happened to me when i was 3 or 4 at my grandparents. something next to bed. something holding me down, can't scream or move.

i learned later in life it's pretty common. sleep paralysis

the picture from wiki says it all.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
same thing happened to me when i was 3 or 4 at my grandparents. something next to bed. something holding me down, can't scream or move.

i learned later in life it's pretty common. sleep paralysis

the picture from wiki says it all.

says what? "crouch on a woman in her sleep with a horse watching, and she can't move?"
Old 09-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #31
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

well, it was less cataracted horse and flowing robe and more trilogy of terror doll and dukes of hazard pj's.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:16 AM   #32
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
well, it was less cataracted horse and flowing robe and more trilogy of terror doll and dukes of hazard pj's.

Well there's your problem right there. You probably got the Daisy Duke version by accident, and they were so tight you were unable to move.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #33
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

WTF! I don't even....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #34
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I love that movie! I don't know what was more frightening: That doll or Karen Black's crosseyed stare.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
JediKooter
Coordinator

I get emails from my ex wife every once in a while. Does that count as a demonic happening?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
AnalBumCover
College Starter

This just happened to me this morning: I'm at my desk at work. I felt a sudden warming feeling on my right wrist. I looked down and saw four parallel lines drawn diagonally across the underside of my wrist. It looked and felt a little like an allergic reaction to something I touched, but there's nothing close to me that could have made those lines. The four lines were too close together to have come from my fingers, so I couldn't have done it to myself. After about a minute, the lines disappeared. But not before I showed them to a coworker to convince myself I'm not going crazy.

tl;dr Someone, or something scratched at my wrist without my seeing it.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 04-02-2012 at 02:31 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
Rizon
Pro Starter

I don't even remotely believe in it. I'd put it at a 0 on a scale of 0-100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #38
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sometimes threads confuse me.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #39
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Yeah, I'll admit my imagination still allows me to be scared by the thought of ghosts but I don't have any experience with them or evidence that they exist. The concept of spirits and the supernatural is an interesting and stimulating idea, but I don't believe there is any truth to it.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #40
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I've always wanted to go stay a night at the Myrtles in St. Francisville, LA (about 20 minutes from my hunting camp). It's supposedly one of the most haunted places, but I'd love to experience something and know for sure. I see it all on TV, I hear stories but I'm always very skeptical, and want to know for sure.

Funny, my one story involves the Myrtles. Was 99% sure I took a picture of the house's cat in front of a fountain. Developed the pictures, there's the fountain, but suddenly no cat.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #41
digamma
Torchbearer

With a hat tip to Mr. Sand, I have a question.

What the eff are you all doing putzing around on a message board? Go get your money.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #42
QuikSand
lolzcat

*golf clap*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #43
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
With a hat tip to Mr. Sand, I have a question.

What the eff are you all doing putzing around on a message board? Go get your money.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge

Doubt anyone here is doing scientifically methodical research into the paranormal to qualify. If anything, that the prize has been available for so long exposes the frauds that claim they have consistent charted evidence or devices showing its existence.

I am not sure that website serves as a meaningful response to Joe Blow experiencing something weird. Besides to say "Hey dickhead, you and your experience are full of shit!"
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #44
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Forgot about this post, but I've had a few more experiences over the last month or so out at the winery. Twice, I've heard footsteps coming down the hallway towards me. Looked down the hallway and saw no one, yet I could still hear the footsteps.

Also, heard a conversation going on in our ballroom. Went down to see if the guests needed any help. As soon as I turned into the room, the voices went silent. You just can't prepare yourself for that kind of thing when you're entering the room positive that there is someone in there.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #45
Johninja
n00b

Nothing cool like that ever happens to me

Interesting read though
Johninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #46
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I don't even remotely believe in it. I'd put it at a 0 on a scale of 0-100.

HOwever, it's fun to believe in it, or at least deduce and consider it.

I mean just watch this. Gilbert Gottfried chasing ghosts! What's not to love!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-02-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #47
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Here's your soundtrack:

http://
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #48
JediKooter
Coordinator

The mind is a wonderful contraption.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:21 PM   #49
PilotMan
Head Coach

Playing a little thread necro tonight. Read this great story from this month's Elle magazine and figured it might fit in here.

Losing My Husband―​and Finding Him Again Through a Medium​

As scientifically based as I am it's hard to cast doubts on things that have been experienced by people very close to me. I've always wanted to meet with a medium, but I admit that I'm more afraid of what I'll find out than just not knowing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:26 AM   #50
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Playing a little thread necro tonight. Read this great story from this month's Elle magazine and figured it might fit in here.

Losing My Husband―​and Finding Him Again Through a Medium​

As scientifically based as I am it's hard to cast doubts on things that have been experienced by people very close to me. I've always wanted to meet with a medium, but I admit that I'm more afraid of what I'll find out than just not knowing.

I'm really good friends with a well-known psychic named Chip Coffey. I've got to watch him do 'gallery readings' several times. I've always been of the opinion that I'm not sure whether psychics are real/fake, but as long as people get something positive out of their experience, I don't see what it can hurt to visit them.

Most of Chip's gallery readings go extremely well. I'm amazed at how many things he hit that he likely wouldn't have been able to know about these people. I also love the sincere emotion (and often relief) that people have after getting some form of message from a loved one.

There was one gallery reading where I didn't feel he was quite as good. He just didn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders. While he joked about it during the show, it really upsets him when it happens. He's usually frustrated and always wonders why it simply didn't click or he wasn't able to understand the information like he felt he should. It's something that bothers him, which I think is very sincere. He's also a very sincere person. He always takes time to talk with everyone at the events for as long as he can to make them feel special.

Funny story. The first time he came out for an event at the winery, he ended up getting really drunk the first night (which is usually just autographs and dinner, so it's the best time for them to let loose). At one point during the night, a woman approached him and asked him a question about a loved one and asked what he might be able to see about the situation. His response: "Honey, I'm drunk enough that I can't see shit right now!" She laughed and told him she'd chat with him tomorrow when he was a bit more sober.