Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for if the election was held today?
Donald Trump 18 16.22%
Hillary Clinton 57 51.35%
Gary Johnson 11 9.91%
Other (Specify in thread) 7 6.31%
I wouldn't vote for any of them 18 16.22%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Who has your vote as of 5/19/2016

Assuming Bernie doesn't somehow replace Hillary as the nominee of the Democrats, who has your vote today? (I may turn this into a monthly tracking poll.)

Here's a helpful list of candidates:

2016 Presidential Candidates (Presidency 2016)

Previous results

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=91297

Last edited by Kodos : 05-19-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Dutch
"Dutch"

I'm undecided. I'd vote for Trump if something changes my mind....but as of right now, I'm still feeling pretty alienated by everybody's message. I don't see where there is an Presidential option for "I'm satisfied with how things, so slow your change log roll".
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'd vote for Johnson if I'd thought he'd have any chance of winning. But for now I'm voting against Trump.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'd vote for Johnson if I'd thought he'd have any chance of winning. But for now I'm voting against Trump.

+1. Will likely vote Johnson if he is polling 5% or higher but if Missouri ends up being close will vote Hillary.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #5
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Is Gary Johnson going to be the Lib nominee? If he makes the ballot I'll vote for him as he did a great job while I lived in New Mexico.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Is Gary Johnson going to be the Lib nominee? If he makes the ballot I'll vote for him as he did a great job while I lived in New Mexico.

One would hope, the actual nomination is in a few weeks I think. Johnson did remarkably well (in 3rd party terms) in 2012 but like I said in the GOP thread this is a party that actually has two former successful two-term governors (Johnson and Weld) willing to run as president/vice president and its members will probably scream "Too mainstream!!!" and pick some nutcase like McAfee. They are guaranteed a ballot spot in all 50 states regardless.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My vote is quite obvious .

(Trump, obviously... what? )
Old 05-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
Dutch
"Dutch"

I hope the free stuff you get is satisfactory.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jill Stein
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #10
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Polling will bear this out later, but this might be the year to vote libertarian in the hopes of a more mainstream effort in 2020. Don't know yet. It makes a difference whether Hillary tries to move to the center for the convention.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Newsradio
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:08 PM   #12
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Against Hillary at all costs.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #13
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Well I guess I really do like Gary Johnson as he came up as the guy I should back off of isidewith.com which has the "major" issues and tell you who to pick based off your views.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:04 PM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Here's what's fun. I have no interest in a Hillary Clinton presidency. None. My days of being reliably Republican are long behind me, but I could have voted for the right Republican in this election.

Two people screwed that up: Mitch McConnell and Donald Trump.

Trump's rhetoric and behavior on the campaign trail have just solidified for me that his rhetoric isn't to be trusted. Either he's begun to show signs of dementia the last few years, or he thinks the voting populace won't give a shit that he's vaccilated from liberal to neo-fascist to naw actually don't pay any attention to what I said in the primaries.

Either way, it wouldn't matter how much I liked what he had to say in the primaries (I didn't) I wouldn't trust that candidate to conform to my expectations after getting elected.

My issues with McConnell come back to the Supreme Court vacancy. His #2 on the Judiciary Committee (and a three-time former Judiciary chair himself), Orrin Hatch, said "look, if the President were serious about filling this seat, he'd send us Merrick Garland."

The President sent the Senate Merrick Garland.

McConnell immediately pivoted to "It would be really hard to find a more liberal judge than Merrick Garland so we're just not even going to bother meeting with him, let alone schedule hearings." Plus, y'know, the whole "Well the other guys SAID things they never did, so that makes it okay for us to DO the things."

Between the two of them, they've made a Hillary Clinton Presidency palatable to me. Or, at least, more palatable than rewarding the GOP for being assholes. It's remarkable.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Undecided, but will probably vote Jill Stein when I'm standing in front of the voting screen.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #16
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm gonna just keep trying to wake up from this nightmare.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #17
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

None, I'll do a write-in. Mickey Mouse if I have to, though I'm sure I'll come up with something marginally better.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 07:47 PM   #18
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Well I guess I really do like Gary Johnson as he came up as the guy I should back off of isidewith.com which has the "major" issues and tell you who to pick based off your views.

My top pick is McAfee according to isidewith.com, followed by every libertarian candidate. It doesn't surprise me considering I'm a libertarian at the federal level.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #19
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Against WW3. Not voting Trump.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #20
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't like Hillary at all but Trump is such a joke that I guess I have to vote for her.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #21
tarcone
Coordinator

There is no way I vote Hillary. While I know all politicians lie, HRC seems like just a super liar. Who doesnt care that she is lying as long as the ends are met.

I just cannot stomach her.

But, Trump seems way over the top. Im not sure if he is Presidential. Would he be better for the economy? In my opinion, yes. Would he piss off the world? Absolutely. But do I care if he pisses off the world? Not really.

I picked Johnson. But will vote against HRC. So I may still vote Trump.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #22
wustin
College Prospect

Over 2 hours long, but worth the listen.

Joe Rogan Experience #801 - Gary Johnson - YouTube
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:22 PM   #23
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Against WW3. Not voting Trump.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #24
Butter
Coordinator

This election is the definition of the old cliche that each party starts with 45% of the vote, the winner is who can get that last 10 to swing their way. I guess I am still naive enough to think that most undecideds when they get in the voting booth will be voting against Trump rather than for Hillary. But this may be one election where I actually get active for once, because I would consider Trump and his idiocy that harmful.

I guess we'll see.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #25
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Who I agree with most: Gary Johnson
Who I would least want to see President: Hillary

All adds up to me voting for Trump.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Clinton. But solely as a #NeverTrump vote.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #27
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Conventional wisdom to me suggests that Clinton wins a close election because enough typical Republican voters choose not to vote or vote for the Libertarian nominee or some other protest candidate. It could be very similar to the wacko bird liberals who voted Nader in 2000.

I largely do not get why people are so anti-Hillary. My gut tells me that if Bill were running for president this year, he would win in a landslide. People have never liked Hillary, and I don't exactly get why. I can see being indifferent towards her, but she's not Trump. Trump is an awful human being.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #28
frnk55
High School Varsity

What's the point? Hillary wins in a landslide.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 AM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

I wish I felt confident about that. I think she'll probably win, maybe by a large margin, but there is room for doubt...
Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #30
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I largely do not get why people are so anti-Hillary. My gut tells me that if Bill were running for president this year, he would win in a landslide. People have never liked Hillary, and I don't exactly get why. I can see being indifferent towards her, but she's not Trump. Trump is an awful human being.

Saw something the other day about opinion polls and Hillary. Apparently people can't stand Hillary the Candidate, but Hillary in the Role they like. They went back and looked at her approval ratings when she was running for Senate in New York, when she was running for President in 2008, when she was nominated for Secretary of State, and when she is running for President now. Each of those times she was polling in the high 30s/40s. Once she was done campaigning or took office, her numbers went up into the high 50s/low 60s.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:05 PM   #31
revrew
Team Chaplain

I voted "other" here, only because I'm pretty confident I'll vote 3rd party, just not sure which one/which candidate yet.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 PM   #32
tarcone
Coordinator

I had 4 hours in the car with my Father in Law. He sold me more on Trump than I ever have been.

5% for the libs or President for the "people"

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:40 PM   #33
Subby
lolzcat

Morbid curiosity has me going Trump. I want to see if my kids have the wherewithal to rebuild this country from the ashes up.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

Here's why I am completely anti-Hilary. She is the ultimate for her self politician. She will support anything that helps her self-interest, over that of the country, and regardless of what laws or policies or past stances she has had that she violates.

In my opinion, she is one of the most untrustworthy people I have ever come across in politics. While politicians are by their nature not worthy of being trusted, she is next level.

I may disagree with Obama, for instance, and I certainly don't expect him to be honest all the time, but I believe he does what he feels is right for the country and its people.

I believe Hilary is all about Hilary alone, her power, her legacy.

With Trump, his stances are so ridiculous, I know he won't get most of it past Congress and he will have to compromise. Plus, strangely enough, I "trust" him more--as in, I know he's a dumbass and I can pretty clearly see what he will try to do and I can trust that.

All that said, I'm never voting Trump either. He's a nutcase. I voted up top for Johnson.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #35
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have no idea who Gary Johnson is. I couldn't pick him out of a line-up.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Morbid curiosity has me going Trump. I want to see if my kids have the wherewithal to rebuild this country from the ashes up.

Jon will have his day then!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #37
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Here's why I am completely anti-Hilary. She is the ultimate for her self politician. She will support anything that helps her self-interest, over that of the country, and regardless of what laws or policies or past stances she has had that she violates.

So how come Bill doesn't get this same sort disdain? I think kcchief19 is right that Bill Clinton wouldn't get close to the same flack, even though he's probably more "in it for himself" than Hillary.

The only sense I can make of it is a subtle & unconscious, and in some cases not so much subtle or unconscious, sexism.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:07 PM   #38
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have no idea who Gary Johnson is. I couldn't pick him out of a line-up.

He's run for president before. In 2012 he was in a handful of the Republican debates and then when the numbers dwindled he was the Libertarian candidate for president.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #39
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So how come Bill doesn't get this same sort disdain? I think kcchief19 is right that Bill Clinton wouldn't get close to the same flack, even though he's probably more "in it for himself" than Hillary.

The only sense I can make of it is a subtle & unconscious, and in some cases not so much subtle or unconscious, sexism.

Can't speak for liberals who dislike her but my impression of any Republican voter has definitely been disdain that ties into being a strong woman. They also have some weird misogynistic thing where they blame her more for Bill being a dirtbag than they do him. (This includes women)
Old 05-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I never supported Bill either. But also, frankly, Bill was President way before we really knew much about him or Hilary. Hilary has had a further 20 years of corpses to bury.

Quote:

Character assassination, Imran? I would hope you're better than that. I don't trust Hilary because of Hilary being Hilary, not because of Hilary being a woman.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:12 PM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Can't speak for liberals who dislike her but my impression of any Republican voter has definitely been disdain that ties into being a strong woman. They also have some weird misogynistic thing where they blame her more for Bill being a dirtbag than they do him. (This includes women)

I think you need to introduce yourself to more Republicans then

Old 05-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #42
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Character assassination, Imran? I would hope you're better than that. I don't trust Hilary because of Hilary being Hilary, not because of Hilary being a woman.

I know I'd get some push back for it, but I literally can't see any other answer. Bill was KNOWN as Slick Willie before he was even elected and people LOVED him. Still love him. That's why I think kcchief19 is right. Bill would easily win this election by double digits.

So why does Hillary get all this flack for basically being like Bill (if you accept that narrative, which I don't necessarily do). The only thing I can see is a form of unconscious sexism. I literally can't put myself in a position to see how it's possible that someone would think that Hillary Clinton is a unique in it for herself politician, while giving a pass to just about every other pol. I simply cannot see it.

I mean if we can say that there is some racial animosity behind Trump support, I don't see why it's objectionable to claim there is some sexual animosity behind Hillary Clinton disdain.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #43
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They also have some weird misogynistic thing where they blame her more for Bill being a dirtbag than they do him. (This includes women)

Yes! This is exactly right. It's like Bill was just as bad of a liar and a womanizer to boot, but somehow Hillary is worse. Why? It makes no sense.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #44
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think you need to introduce yourself to more Republicans then

Oh believe me I know quite a few. They use standard responses like Benghazi and "OMG!!! Emails!" but when pressed to explain don't have any idea of what they are talking about. I don't think Hillary is all that genuine myself either but that doesn't set her apart from 90% of the other male politicians that spew lies and double talk out of their mouths without the same contempt from large numbers of people.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #45
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

There is also this thing, Chief Rum, where you are misspelling her name constantly for no real reason... what's up with that? It's not like she's new on the scene.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:26 PM   #46
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There is also this thing, Chief Rum, where you are misspelling her name constantly for no real reason... what's up with that? It's not like she's new on the scene.

I catch myself doing that sometimes as well. (Went back and added an "l" a few posts ago right before submitting) Some women spell their name that way. I don't think there is any more to it.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:29 PM   #47
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I believe Hilary is all about Hilary alone, her power, her legacy.

With Trump, his stances are so ridiculous, I know he won't get most of it past Congress and he will have to compromise. Plus, strangely enough, I "trust" him more--as in, I know he's a dumbass and I can pretty clearly see what he will try to do and I can trust that.

Is Trump not all about Trump, and only Trump? Seriously? At least Hillary has done stuff that would seem to qualify her for the job.

And as we've seen with Obama, Congress will be more than happy to stop her from achieving anything.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:32 PM   #48
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know I'd get some push back for it, but I literally can't see any other answer. Bill was KNOWN as Slick Willie before he was even elected and people LOVED him. Still love him. That's why I think kcchief19 is right. Bill would easily win this election by double digits.

So why does Hillary get all this flack for basically being like Bill (if you accept that narrative, which I don't necessarily do). The only thing I can see is a form of unconscious sexism. I literally can't put myself in a position to see how it's possible that someone would think that Hillary Clinton is a unique in it for herself politician, while giving a pass to just about every other pol. I simply cannot see it.

I mean if we can say that there is some racial animosity behind Trump support, I don't see why it's objectionable to claim there is some sexual animosity behind Hillary Clinton disdain.

If you literally can't see another answer than misogynism, then you need to pull back and reflect on your own bias. It's one of the tricks that people make on themselves when they don't want to ask honest questions about why others don't agree with them. You vilify me or others who don't support Hillary as misogynistic, simply because you can't or won't put yourself in a position to see my side.

Bill and Hillary are two completely separate individuals in my mind. I couldn't stand Bill as President. That hasn't changed.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:33 PM   #49
Butter
Coordinator

I mean, has Hillary ever invented a second persona for herself as her own PR flack and had phone calls with media outlets talking about how hot she is and what a great person she is and how she's having to turn away all kinds of dick?

I guess if Trump wins, maybe he'll be his own Communications Director and give some press conferences as "John Miller". It would almost be worth it just for that.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh believe me I know quite a few. They use standard responses like Benghazi and "OMG!!! Emails!" but when pressed to explain don't have any idea of what they are talking about. I don't think Hillary is all that genuine myself either but that doesn't set her apart from 90% of the other male politicians that spew lies and double talk out of their mouths without the same contempt from large numbers of people.

But that's the sort of thing that really leads to the mistrust. All politicians have their issues they have had to deal with, yes, but Hillary has a LOT of them. It could just be being in the spotlight for so long, but holy damn heck it's a long list, longer than most.