Home

Backbreaker Updated Hands-On Preview: Angle of Attack (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Updated Hands-On Preview: Angle of Attack (Gamespot) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #57

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Backbreaker Updated Hands-On Preview: Angle of Attack (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Wow just wow. I can't wait for the game but there are a few negatives that I need to point out.

-The leaning run animation. I just don't like how they sway back and forth. It seems like you can run circles around people and they can't tackle you. Reminds me of a Madden that was released around 96-97. A buddy of mine would just run in a circle and defenders would just run in a group into each other. I hope that is not the case here.

-The too much protection/qb scramble. That reminded me of Madden also where there is no pass rush. Speaking of.. I agree that the rushing seemed a little stiff and clogged. But I liked the swim move.

-The catching in multiple coverages. That was the one thing that made me kind of cringe. It was pretty bad. Maybe it was just for show because there was a nice INT in the endzone when a WR was doubled. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Other than that I am LOVING just about everything else. I could care less about injuries. I never play with them on anyway, not to mention I am pretty much an online player. But Road to Backbreaker sounds cool. This may be the first time in long time that I actually play the offline mode in a football game. I am very suprised at everything that have put in the game for a first effort. MOAR INFO PLEEEEZE!!
It was on easy so there it was probably very easy to create a few highlights in the passing game like that. I was a bit upset to when I first seen it but, on rookie and pro in madden Its big plays all day long. Also footage is not from the final build so I expect some things to look better once more up to date gameplay vids come out. I agree with what you said though for the most part though and I give them the benefit of the doubt for right now.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #58
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I guess im the only one not hype about this...Especially after seeing real gameplay. I hope they add a regular camera view because no way in hell will I be happy playing with that view. You can barely see anything. Some of the animations look stiff also.
I guess you won't be happy then because that is the only camera view you're going to get. The game is designed around the on the field view. I can't wait to try it out.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #59
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Still cant get excited about this game. It still basically looks like Next Gen Blitz. Hate the camera angle, the player models look unrealistic, every hit is a KO. And before you people say stick with your Madden, i'm not buying Madden because Madden has been a disappointment. But this game looks like a gimmick and after how long its taken them to get this game done, i'm disappointed thats the only camera option they got and that the game is essentially next gen NFL Blitz with fake teams and better hitting technology.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am so excited. I wish that I can get started playing right now.

Take a guess which 32 teams, I am going to create.

It seems like the game has borrowed a bit from 2K and Midway.

Blitz had a 3 tier league setup as well. Where your team advanced to the next tier. Sounds like the player rating will be similar to APF. Where players are on gold, silver and bronze tiers.

The fact that this game has total team customization and two different franchise modes is everything and more that I wanted to hear.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
It was on easy so there it was probably very easy to create a few highlights in the passing game like that. I was a bit upset to when I first seen it but, on rookie and pro in madden Its big plays all day long. Also footage is not from the final build so I expect some things to look better once more up to date gameplay vids come out. I agree with what you said though for the most part though and I give them the benefit of the doubt for right now.
I hope so but I have heard that before alot. A preview will show certain flaws and we believe it is not the final build but it ends up staying that way. So I am just hoping for the best. But the INT in the endzone makes me feel better about the defense.

Now I really want to know how players will be different from each other. How do the stars of the team play compared to the rest? I was really shocked to read about how much they have put in the game. They remind me of Microsoft when the Xbox was first announced. They just seem like they are putting everything in the game that we have asked for. They are leaving no stone unturned.

I also want to know if you can strafe on defense. That defensive cam will need the option. So I was definitely wrong when I said that it seemed like the defense wouldn't be as fun to play as offense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #62

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Still cant get excited about this game. It still basically looks like Next Gen Blitz. Hate the camera angle, the player models look unrealistic, every hit is a KO. And before you people say stick with your Madden, i'm not buying Madden because Madden has been a disappointment. But this game looks like a gimmick and after how long its taken them to get this game done, i'm disappointed thats the only camera option they got and that the game is essentially next gen NFL Blitz with fake teams and better hitting technology.
Everyone's entitled to there opinion but, I gotta disagree on the every hit is a KO. There were hardly any hard hits at all that vid. There was a good amount of weight clashing together but, that was miles away from the KO hits from the trailers I've seen.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #63

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
I hope so but I have heard that before alot. A preview will show certain flaws and we believe it is not the final build but it ends up staying that way. So I am just hoping for the best. But the INT in the endzone makes me feel better about the defense.

Now I really want to know how players will be different from each other. How do the stars of the team play compared to the rest? I was really shocked to read about how much they have put in the game. They remind me of Microsoft when the Xbox was first announced. They just seem like they are putting everything in the game that we have asked for. They are leaving no stone unturned.

I also want to know if you can strafe on defense. That defensive cam will need the option. So I was definitely wrong when I said that it seemed like the defense wouldn't be as fun to play as offense.
Yeah that might be true about the final build thing but, I'm really not going to judge until I see the pro mode and a good 8-10 minute vid with nothing but, gameplay. I hope they come out with a demo of the game and hopefully not just tackle alley. I got feeling thats exactly what there going to do.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #64
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

wow. Real Gang tackles!!!! Nuff Said!!!

Look at the 2:44 mark of the interview video!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »