Home

Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14

This is a discussion on Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14 within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 12:38 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Putting the Fight Back in the Phils - MLB the Show 14

Nice to see Cole finally get a "W". F. Galvis sure is making it look like getting a backup IF is going to be one of your #1 priorities come trade time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #26
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7

Old 07-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #27
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Series #7:

(9-10) @
(11-8)

Game 1: Roberto Hernandez scattered seven hits in 6.2 innings, allowing just one run. The righty used his sinker effectively yet again, and looked very strong despite striking out just two. Jimmy Rollins hit his third home run of the season for Philadelphia.

Game 2: Clayton Kershaw was on his game tonight, tossing a complete game, four hit shutout. The lefty struck out ten and forced thirty swinging strikes in the game.

Game 3: Poor Cole Hamels. The bullpen and run support never seems to be there for him. Hamels allowed just 4 hits in 6, and left the game in line for the win. Brad Lincoln would blow his 1-0 lead in the 7th, and the Dodgers would shut it down from there. Dee Gordon suffered a leg injury and was placed on the 15 day DL, while Mike Adams of the Phillies dislocated his elbow. He was moved to the 15 day as well, with the team bringing 3B Cody Asche back up.

Game 4: Both teams saved their offense for the final game of the series. The Dodgers jumped all over Jonathan Pettibone, chasing him after three innings. The Phillies were able to fight back, and found some heroics in the 9th inning. Ryan Howard led off with a pinch hit homer to tie the game at 7, and Domonic Brown would rip a double into the game later in the inning to score the winning run.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #28
Rookie

ESexton18's Arena

OVR: 0

It's just like real life for poor Cole.. pitches great but gets no run support or the bull pen blows his leads.

Really like your work so far, wish I had these kind of editing skills. I'll be interested to see what you to do in trade season if you're out of it as the Phils have a lot of assets for a rebuild.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #29
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESexton18
It's just like real life for poor Cole.. pitches great but gets no run support or the bull pen blows his leads.

Really like your work so far, wish I had these kind of editing skills. I'll be interested to see what you to do in trade season if you're out of it as the Phils have a lot of assets for a rebuild.
Thanks. It's not too difficult just need to know some of the hidden features in excel. The issue for me come deadline day are some of my contracts. Papelbon, Howard and Lee are almost un-tradable with their contracts. But whether or not I'm contending, I'll be looking to trade off some veterans to start stockpiling my prospects.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 25

This looks really good so far dude. The Phillies used to be my team back in 07-12 I just haven't been able to bring myself to watch them since they started falling apart. Hopefully, you get this franchise back on track dude.

I've heard that sound 3 times... once was Babe Ruth, the second was Josh Gibson, and the third was Bo Jackson- Buck O'Neil

Old 07-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #31
Pro

KingFry's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm putting my trust in you to bring my Phils back to glory.. and not be Amaro!
Cause if you do anything Amaro may do... you should just stop now and reconsider your life style! Haha. But in all seriousness as a Phils fan I'm rooting for you and hope this ends up well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 PM   #32
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

Series #8:

(11-12) @
(11-14)

Game 1: A terrible day for the Phillies, as Patrick Corbin tosses a no hitter to open the series. The 24 year old lefty wasn't dominant, but every well hit ball found a D-back glove to earn Corbin his first win of the year.

Game 2: In the middle game, Roberto Hernandez kept his hot pace going, and now has a WHIP of just 0.79 this season. A regression towards the mean is bound to happen, but fans must be thrilled from Hernandez' early season success.

Game 3: Cliff Lee remains winless on the season, as Brad Lincoln loses his second game in five days. The first four Phillies reached base today, but then Brandon McCarthy found his rhythm to keep the game within reach.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »