Home

SCOTT RETURNS TO CH2K8

This is a discussion on SCOTT RETURNS TO CH2K8 within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2022, 02:54 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
SCOTT RETURNS TO CH2K8

UC RIVERSIDE HIRES RYNE SCOTT AS NEW MEN'S BASKETBALL COACH

Ryne Scott makes his return to college basketball today. A 4 year starter at Boise State, Scott went undrafted and headed to Europe to try and continue a professional career before a injury ended his player career.

Now at the age of 28 after spending 2 years on staff at College of Southern Idaho, Scott will take over a Highlander program coming off a 7-24 season in 2007.

OVERVIEW

Some of you may remember me, as a long time forum poster, posting 2K8, College Football and MLB The Show Threads.. I recently got my old 360 back from a friend and dusted off my copy of 2K8 after being highly disappointed in the most recent updates to Warzone 2 and was looking for something to fill my evenings of gaming.. I started sharing my dynasties back in 2008 when the game was released on the 2K forums and moved over here when the forums were shut down and to be honest I have found I can't play without sharing my story. I have enjoyed alot of hours the past 15+ years reading other threads and sharing mine and thought it was time to dust off the keyboard and controller and get back to work.

This will be a closed legacy like always, I like to stick to west coast teams typically and my dream job is of course Boise State.. I have had dynasties in the past offer me the HC job in Year 3 and I have had others never open up , so we will see what happens.

I don't have a job anymore that allows me time to update and share posts well at work, so my posts will most likely be short the first couple seasons until I get invested in my players (guys I recruit) will most likely be recaps of either 3-4 games at a time with some recruiting highlights and what not. I also probably won't post a ton of stuff outside my own team and conference stuff like Top-25 polls and national recruiting until later in the thread when I have more time.

Hope to have some followers but if not it's still fun to share. If I get some people invested in following I typically try and include you in the legacy with your own CAP's at some point.

I havn't played the game in over 2 years, so I will probably be messing around with silders and minutes played for key games, however alot of games will be simmed the first couple of seasons as I rebuild the roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2022, 03:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: SCOTT RETURNS TO CH2K8

2008 HIGHLANDERS MEDIA GUIDE

*Rosters are from game release with autogenerated names. I had a memory card with more recent rosters, but it got misplaced over the years.

ROSTER

***Starters***
PG- 6'2 Blake Bannister (SR)-73 Overall
SG-6'0 Luke Troutman (JR)-65 Overall/78 3PT
SF-6'4 Vinnie Eversten (SO)-59 Overall/78 3PT
PF-6'8 Cesar O'Conner (JR)-60 Overall
C-6'8 Andry Vanttaja (JR)-63 Overall

***Key Reserves***
PG-6'2 Marion Shepard (SO)-61 Overall
SG-6'4 Jammal Todd (RS JR)-61 Overall/67 3PT
PF-6'7 Dominic Diame (RS SO-60 Overall

**Rest of the Roster**
G- 6'3 Gab Hite (SO)-59 Overall
G- 6'1 Darcel Monserez (FR) 58 Overall
F-6'8 Radee Campbell (FR)-57 Overall

SCHEDULE

11/10-vs Sacramento State
11/16-@ Polar Bear Shootout (Eastern Washington University)
11/17 @ Polar Bear Shootout
11/18 @ Polar Bear Shootout

11/20 @ Gonzaga
11/24 @ Idaho
11/28 @ San Jose State
12/1 @ Fresno State
12/4 @ San Diego State
12/15 vs Loyola Marymount
12/22 vs CSU Bakersfield
12/29 @ USC

1/3 Big West Play starts...

*I like to play at least 1 in season tournament every year. I also like to stick to instate recruiting right away thus most of my games will be against other California schools to start and some PNW teams..
Old 12-17-2022, 03:18 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

SCOTT WINS IN DEBUT!!

The Highlanders kicked off the Ryne Scott Era with a bang taking a 45-38 lead into half time and held on for a 83-72 win to kick off the 2008 season.

UCR finished 7/12 beyond the arc led by "Walkon" Vinnie Eversten who won the starting SF spot to start the season. Eversten finished 3/4 on the night finishing with 11 points and added a team high 4 steals.

SR PG Blake Bannister led 4 players in double digits with a team high 19 points including 7-9 from the FT line.

Dominic Diame led the bench with a double double of 11 points and a team high 14 rebounds, well fellow PF Caser O'Conner added 11 points and 8 rebounds.

J. Victoriano led the Hornets in the loss with 21 points but was just 3/9 from beyond the arc.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

HIGHLANDERS CROWNED CHAMPS!!!

UC Riverside and Coach Scott stay perfect as they are crowned the Polar Bear Classic Champs improving to 4-0 on the season.

GAME 1 VS AKRON

Down 39-36 at the half with a off night from beyond the arc (0/7 in the 1st half), UCR holds the Zips to just 25 points in the 2nd half well going 3/4 from downtown and a amazing 15/15 from the charity stripe to pull off the 68-64 win.

Bannister led all scores with a season high 25 points well adding 7 rebounds.

A. Vanttaja added 9 points and 13 rebounds well Diame led the bench with 9 points and 6 rebounds.

As a team UCR out rebounded Akron 39-19.

GAME 2 VS PORTLAND STATE

Up 40-30 at the half, the Highlanders match the Vikings 2nd half play (40-39) to improve to 3-0 and a shot for the title with a 79-70 win.

UCR was 7/17 from 3PT as the backcourt of Bannister (20 points 2/4 3pt), Todd (18 points 2/4 3pt) and Troutman (14 poitns 2/3 3pt) lead the way.

GAME 3 VS TENNESSEE STATE

Solid Defense in the 1st half held TSU to just 22 points as the Highlanders take a 9 point lead into the locker room.

Another hot night from deep (7/14) well the Tigers struggled (5/19) allowed UCR to roll to a 70-60 victory

Bannister continues to shine and show why he is the best player on the team with a new season high 27 points hitting 7/10 from the stripe.

V. Evertsen was hot from downtown going 5/8 to finish with a season/career high 15 points, well L. Troutman added 12 points and D. Diame led the team with 10 rebounds.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:35 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

ZAGS END PERFECT START!!

There is a reason why Gonzaga is considered a top basketball program in the nation and they showed it tonight holding UCR to just 19 2nd half points.

Down by just 1 point in the 1st half (35-34), UCR couldn't find their shooting touch as they go just 2/8 from downtown in the 67-53 loss.

V. Eversten led the Highlanders with 12 points including a pair of 3's well B. Bannister added 10 points and 7 rebs.

NEXT UP (1-5) IDAHO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2022, 01:17 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

HIGHLANDERS WIN 5TH OF THE SEASON!!

Coach Scott returned to the Kibbie Dome to take on the Idaho Vandals after having played there many times as a player at Boise State and walked away with his 5th win of the season as UCR continues to shine from beyond the arc.

The Highlanders hit 6/8 in the 1st half including back to back 3's to close out the half to take a 46-40 lead into the half. UCR would struggle from 3pt in the 2nd half shooting just 2/7 but did a great job of crashing the boards (34 to 17) as they extended their lead inside the paint to cruise to a (76-64) win

B. Bannister tied his season/career high with 27 points well adding 6 rebs, 4 asst, and 4 steals.

L. Troutmand added 16 points and finished 5/9 from 3pt.

A. Vanttaja (7/8) and D. Diame (9/8) combined for 16 points and 16 rebounds in the win.

Next up UCR returns home to Cali to close out non-conference play with 6 more games before starting Big West play including just their 2nd and 3rd home games of the year.
Old 12-18-2022, 01:31 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

HIGHLANDERS SURPASS LAST YEAR'S WIN TOTAL AS THEY IMPROVE TO 9-3 ON SEASON!!!

UCR closed out non-conference play going 4-2 with the games won coming in a similar fashion with each one coming in the final seconds.

UCR @ San Jose State (75-71 W)
Bannister led the team with a double double of 20 pts and 11 reb. Evenston added 14 points on 3/7 from 3pt.

UCR @ Freson State (94-56 L)
The Bulldogs had all 5 starters score in double digits including 2 players ending with double doubles (D. Barlow 17 pts 13 reb) and D. Martinez (11 pts 12 reb) and also got 17 points from L. Hardy (4/12 3pt) off the bench.

Bannister led the team with 14 pts in the loss well Diame grabbed a team high 11 rebs.

UCR @ San Diego State (83-79 W)

Trailed 49-44 at the half but rallied back to outscore the Aztecs 39-30 in the 2nd half..

A Vanttaja was POG with 15 pts and a season high 23 rebs. Freshman D. Monserez played a season high 20 mins and had a season high 17 pts.

UCR vs LMU (72-70 W)

The Highlanders improved to 2-0 at home as the Lions miss a buzzer beater to force OT. Bannister lead the team with 21 pts well Troutman added 17 pts off the bench as J. Todd gets the nod at starting at SG.

UCR vs CSU Bakersfield (73-70 W)

The Roadrunners drop to 1-10 on the season with the loss. L. Troutman has a career night hitting 7/12 from 3pt to lead the team with 29 poitns just 1 game after being pulled from the starting lineup. B. Bannister added 16 pts. as well.

UCR @ USC (82-72 L)

The Highlanders finished just 3/12 from 3pt well USC had 5 players in double digits.

B. Bannister led the way for all scores with 24 pts and 6 reb. Bannister is now averaging 19.3 PPG on the year.

UP NEXT INTERVIEW WITH COACH SCOTT AS HE PREVIEWS BIG WEST PLAY AND RECAPS RECRUITING.
Old 12-20-2022, 01:02 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

INTERVIEW WITH COACH SCOTT!!

Reporter-Thanks for joining the show Coach. You guy's are off to a great start (9-3) and already have more wins then last season. Did you have any goals coming into the season?

Scott-Thanks for having me. To be honest with my first year on the job I wanted to set some high expectations. I felt like we could be a .500 program. We have a solid roster, it just needed some tweaks and some guy's playing the right type of style.

Reporter-Speaking of style, your offense seems to rely on the 3pt shot and you guy's seem to use the press quite a bit. Could you give us a breakdown of your coaching profile?

Scott. We run a Princeton style offense, I like to run a 2-3 matchup zone and depending on the team will have the guy's play alot of man to man, but we like to press after shots made with a 2-2-1 Zone. So far we have been pretty good at not giving up easy baskets.

Reporter-Before we get to Big West play, I wanted to talk a little about the roster. Senior Guard Blake Blannister is playing some great basketball (19.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.5 SPG (7/21 33% 3PT). What other players have really stood out to you?

Scott-Vinnie Eversten.. The kid is a Walkon but he is one of our best shooters on the team (7.5 PPG 29/53 37% 3PT). He and Luke Troutmand (11.5 PPG, 21/50 42% 3PT) have really opened up the ability for us to score some points. I have also been really impressed with Dominic Diame. The kid didn't see much PT last year being a FR from the Senegal, but he has really stepped up into the PF spot giving us a solid (7.0 PPG, 8.5 RPG).

Reporter-Right now you have a 11 man roster with only 1 Senior (Bannister) and it appears 3 active scholarships to hand out. What type of players are you looking to bring in?

Scott-I typically look for shooting and skills as my main 2 goals, with size also very important. If you can land a bigman who can dominate the middle and a couple guy's who can shoot the 3 then you will win alot of games in the Big West.

Reporter-Can you give us a preview into what players are currently on your recruiting radar?

Scott- Right now landing a PG is important. With Bannister graduating, we have Troutman who will probably slide over to PG next year for us, but we really like 6'1 Ime Goff. He is from L.A. and is a 2* ranked #597 Overall, but he is a guy we feel like could be a solid player after a redshirt season.

We also like 3* SF Torris Okosa. He is listed at 6'6 and is ranked #339 Overall.. Those 2 guy's are probably locks for us right now. The 3rd scholarship is currently being saved for what we hope to be the gem of next year's class. 6'7 PF Casey Wilson is a 3* but is almost a Top-100 player in the nation (#115 Overall/#18 PF) . Right now he has a couple other programs chasing him (Saint Mary's and UC Davis) but rumors are he is keeping his recruiting open hoping one of the bigger schools end up offering him a scholarship. We offered early and we are hoping that's what ends up sealing the deal for us if he doesn't get someone else to offer. If not we have a couple other guy's we will continue to look at.

Reporter-You guy's won just 2 games last year in Big West play. This year you were picked to finish 7th ahead of UC Davis (currently 2-7) and Long Beach State (3-8). UC Santa Barbara (10-2) and Pacific (8-2) are considered to be the favorites. What's your take?

Scott. UC Barb has a pretty amazing player in Ike Mendoza (80 Overall) who currently is avg 16.5 PPG and a solid post player in N. Grundy (14.1 PPG, 7.9 RPG). They will be tough to beat, but to be I like our chances with most of the other schools. I really feel like we could pull off 8-9 wins and to be honest a 17-18 win season would be pretty solid in Year 1.

Reporter-Coach obviously this is your first year as a Head Coach and I know you signed a 2 year deal, but how long do you hope to stay at UCR?

Scott- I made it very clear with the school that their is only 1 program I would leave for and that's Boise State. If I can't get back to Boise, then I would love to stay here and build a Gonzaga type program with the Highlanders here in the Big West.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »