Home

Hail to the Chief (2K17 MyCareer)

This is a discussion on Hail to the Chief (2K17 MyCareer) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #1
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Hail to the Chief (2K17 MyCareer)

I was on the fence for a while about whether or not I was going to do a MyCareer this year or any chising for that matter.

But after playing a few games of MyCareer, I like the mode and I think I'm going to go ahead and post it.

I'm not a big graphics person. I really like to tell a good story. But I'll have regular game updates. I still haven't decided on what type of format I'm going to incorporate so bear with me as I work out the kinks.

Hope you all enjoy my most recent production.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Re: Hail to the Chief (2K17 MyCareer)

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 09-29-2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

NBA Position: SF/SG
Class: Freshman
HT: 6-7 WT: 227
Hometown: Washington DC
College: Georgetown

NBA Comparison - Carmelo Anthony

Kennedy is definitely on another level from his peers….Dubbed Mr. President in high school, it was quickly seen how his size was not going to allow him to just push past defenders on the college level…Has developed a mid-range jumper to accommodate that…..Becoming a solid player in catch and shoot and off the dribble situations….Will overpower smaller wings in the post…..Always known for making the extra pass, can definitely become a play maker in the league…Definitely shows room for potential if he works during his first two seasons in the NBA

Defense will be a weakness with Kennedy early on.… Currently dubbed a tweener, he may be on the slower and slightly smaller side for a small forward…. Often gets outmuscled in the paint when going for rebounds….May sometimes force an unnecessary shot if the offense isn’t flowing…. Sometimes turns the ball over when looking to make a highlight play.

Last edited by ChosenOne58; 09-29-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

You may now post.....
Old 10-03-2016, 08:13 PM   #5
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #6
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

I didn't even realize I had this in here. I'm not too far ahead, so I can post this at a decent pace.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #7
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

The Time is Now

Jack Kennedy sits in the green room of the NBA Draft waiting to hear his name being called. At the table is his mother, Margo; his mentor, Washington Falls; his agent Bruce; and his girlfriend, Alanah. The past year seems like a complete whirlwind in his mind.

“You nervous?” Bruce leans over and asks him.

“Nah, man.” He clears his throat. “I’m not nervous. This is what it’s all about right? Draft day. I just want to see where I’m going.”

He sits back in his chair and thinks about the first time he suited up for the Hoyas. It seems like yesterday, but a lifetime ago at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------

He looks around the locker room as the team prepares for Midnight Madness. After two months of waiting, it was finally time for him to put on his uniform as a member of the Georgetown Hoyas. Even though it was only a scrimmage, it was still something. With both his parents being alumni, he has been coming here his entire life. It was like his home away from home. There was definitely no question in his mind where he was going to college.

“You made a wise choice, Pres. I think we can do some special things this season.”

“Thanks, Grant. I think so too. I can’t wait to get started.”

Grant Alabaster was a senior point guard at Georgetown. He was one of the players that gave Jack a tour of the campus during his official visit. Landing one of the top prospects in the nation was a big deal for Georgetown. He wanted a shot at a championship before he graduated. A real shot. He knew that having Jack on the team was definitely going to give them their best shot.

“Good. Good. You hear that?” Grant nods his head toward the arena. The students and fans were going crazy. He could only imagine what would happen if they were actually facing off against an opponent.

“It’s loud out there. Is it always like this?”

“Pretty much. Especially for big games.”

Jack brought his right hand over his heart, tapped it twice and looked to the sky before making his way through the tunnel and onto the court.

-------------------------------------------------

The draft had finally started and Commissioner Silver was at the podium. Even though he knew it was impossible, he still hoped that he might be taken number one by the Sixers. He would have been reasonably close to his family and going number one isn’t that bad.

The Sixers took Ben Simmons.

“No real surprise, but really? Hello, National Champion here. LSU didn't even make the tournament.”

“Just relax, baby. Philadelphia is still building. I don’t think that would have been a good situation for you.”

He listens as more and more teams select other players. Brandon Ingram to the Lakers; Dragan Bender to the Suns; Buddy Hield to the Pelicans.

Even though they were only at the seventh pick, he was definitely getting kind of anxious. And, if he were to really admit it, a little angry.

“It’s okay, Pres. You will definitely be a lottery pick, my man.” Bruce was trying to calm his client. He was a projected a lottery pick, but he thought that he would go at least Top 5. Two small forwards and a shooting guard had already been taken before him. “There is no way, you’ll go less than tenth.”

“You better be right, man.”

The seventh pick came and went and the Nuggets decided to go with combo guard Jamal Murray.

“Did you really want to go to Denver, Pres?”

“Nah, I guess you’re right.”

Just then, Jack’s phone lit up on the table in front of him. It was a number he didn’t recognize.

“Jack, this is Vlade Divac with the Sacramento Kings.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Are you ready to bring your A game to Sacramento?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Congratulations, kid. We’re taking you next. Smile for the cameras.”

“Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.”

He hangs up the phone and looks around at the table. Everyone is waiting for him to say something.

“Everybody get ready to smile.”

Commissioner Silver heads back to the podium and announces that with the eighth pick of the 2016 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select Jack Kennedy, out of Georgetown.

Jack stands up receiving hugs and handshakes from those in attendance. He taps his heart twice and looks to the sky again as he makes his way to the podium to begin the next phase of his journey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »