Home

Til the Wheels Fall Off (Longshot Connected Career)

This is a discussion on Til the Wheels Fall Off (Longshot Connected Career) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

OVR: 5
Til the Wheels Fall Off (Longshot Connected Career)

The story mode was kinda cool. Decided to pursue a connected career since Devin and Colt are playable characters. Sucks that they can't be on the same team. Not sure how long I will carry on with both. But that's the plan for now. Will follow my general formula for this type of game mode.

"Cut Scenes"
Games
Social Media

Hope you enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Re: Til the Wheels Fall Off (Longshot Connected Career)

See You on the Other Side

“Longest day ever, right?” Devin Wade says to his best friend Colt Cruise as he watches Julia and the camera crew form the reality television show The Longshot pack up their equipment to head back to Austin.

“Yeah, it was, man. But I’m happy for you. Miami won’t know what hit ‘em.”

After a painstaking wait, the Miami Dolphins drafted Devin with the nineteenth pick in the seventh round of the NFL Draft. Head coach Adam Gase along with Dan Marino called him right before the pick was announced and asked if he wanted to be a Dolphin. Unfortunately, Colt didn’t get to hear his name called on Draft day as they were hoping.

“I know you wanted this for both of us. I did too—”

“It’s okay. Really. I’m over the moon about you getting this opportunity, Dev. You worked hard for this.”

Colt gave his best friend a pat on the shoulder and started to walk back into the house with Devin following. Walking into the house, Colt bypassed his ringing cell phone.

“It’s probably just Geese wanting to hang out. Answer that for me, will ya, Dev?”

Devin picked up the phone but noticed that it was an unknown number.

“Hello.” He began walking towards Colt’s bedroom where he saw his friend sitting on his bed with his guitar in his lap. “Just one second. You may want to take this phone call, dude.” He held the phone out toward Colt.

His friend took the phone and after a moment, he began pacing back and forth. Devin heard a lot of yes sirs and thank you sirs being said before Colt finally hung up the phone. He had a look of shock on his face before he broke out into a huge grin.

“The Houston Texans want to sign me! Me! Colt Cruise!”

“Congratulations, man! WE are going to the league!”

"Yes, WE are! Mama get in here!” He yelled down the hallway.

“What is with all the yelling?

“Mama, you are looking at the newest member of the Houston Texans!”

“I thought Devin was going to Miami? Did they trade you already?”

“Not, Devin, Mama. Me! I just got off the phone with Coach O’Brien and Rick Smith and they said they want to sign me! The Cruise Missile is heading to Houston, baby! Woooo!”
He shouts lifting his mother off her feet and spinning her around.

“Put me down! Put me down! Congratulations, baby. I am so happy for you. Both of you.” She reached into the big box of caps that Colt bought before the Draft and took out the two Texans’ caps. She placed one his head and the other on hers.

“Get out of here. Go tell your friends.”

They didn’t have to be told twice before running out of the house and climbing into Colt’s old pick-up truck.

Colt looked over at his best friend before starting the engine.

“You know this means we’re kind of rivals now. AFC and all.”

“I guess it kind of does. Could be fun, right?”

“Absolutely. It’s still Shake and Bake though.”

“All day, baby. All day.”
Old 09-04-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Mathis Proud

From rising stars at Mathis High to reality TV stars, Colt Cruise (l) and Devin Wade (r) are looking to take the next step in becoming NFL stars.

From playing Pop Warner football, Devin Wade and Colton Cruise have been part of each other’s lives on the field every step of the way. Now these best friends are now headed to the National Football League, although for the first time ever, they won’t be on the same team. In the seventh round of the NFL Draft Devin Wade got the call from Miami and not so long after the draft ended, Cruise got a call from the Houston Texans.

While best friends, these two athletes couldn’t be more different. Stoic and mostly reserved on and off the field, Wade is all business when it’s time to do the interview. Cruise is a bit more animated.

“He has to learn to let his hair down,” Cruise said.

“I think you let yours down enough for the both of us,” said Wade.

Known as the forgotten quarterback, Wade, standing at 6-4 and weighing 225 pounds, has a natural talent that most players would give their right arm for. Although a gifted athlete, he walked away from the game four years ago as a freshman at the University of Texas, shortly after the death of his father and high school football coach Cutter Wade. Devin recounts it as a dark time where he just didn’t want to be around football or anyone associated with it for a while.

He rediscovered his love for the game in the Army of all places and it was his best friend who convinced him to give the regional combine a shot.

“What could it hurt,” said Cruise. “I hate when people say was in reference to Dev. He was a great quarterback. Heck, he still is. Everybody watching the show saw it and even more people will see when he gets to Miami.”

The 5-10 Cruise, while considered small for a receiver, is fast and has sure hands. While he has all the makings of a slot receiver, the Texans will no doubt use him as a return man on special teams. Cruise completed the 40 yard dash with a time of 4.31 and is who is drawing comparisons to the New England Patriots’ Julian Edelman.

However, this is the first time Wade will be on a team that Colt Cruise is not and it’s no secret that critics feel that he relies on Cruise too much in the passing game. Especially, when in his last game as a Longhorn, he forced a passed to Cruise that incomplete on third down.

“I’m pretty sure I’ll survive. Are Jarvis Landry and Kenny Stills still on the team?” He joked. “I’ve matured a lot as a player. As long as I have somebody to throw it to, I’ll be fine. Or I can always tuck it and run.”

And the kid can run. He was clocked at 4.44 at the regional combine, faster than a lot of the wide receivers. When you take in his size, that’s pretty darn quick. So you have speed, strength, and a cannon for an arm, but what about his IQ?

A lot of the show was spent watching him, Colt, and Jack Ford go over reading defensive schemes and learning how to call plays in and out of the huddle.

“It’s a process and I hope to get better at it as the season progresses. I’ve made great strides from that first day a few months ago. And I plan to get even better before the start of the season.”

“That’s right,” Colt says. “We both will. We’re gonna do Mathis proud.”

We have no doubts about that, Devin and Colt.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

PW1 – MIA 23 vs. ATL 20
Devin Wade: 8-12, 88 yards; 4 carries, 21 yards

PW2 – MIA 7 vs. BAL 31
Devin Wade: 4-10, 69 yards, INT

PW3 - MIA 31 at PHI 38
Devin Wade: 8-14, 103 yards, 1 TD; 5 carries 50 yards

PW4 – MIA 30 at MIN 9
Devin Wade: 14-20, 201 yards, 2 TD; 5 carries, 58 yards

PW1 – HOU 17 vs. CAR 27
Colt Cruise: 2 receptions, 46 yards; 2 punt returns, 39 yards; 4 kick returns 72 yards

PW2 – HOU 27 vs. NE 23
Colt Cruise: 4 receptions, 62 yards, TD; 3 punt returns, 44 yards; 3 kick returns 48 yards

PW3 - HOU 0 at NO 13
Colt Cruise: 4 receptions, 88 yards; 3 punt returns, 45 yards; 2 kick returns 41 yards

Old 09-11-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

Twitter Feed - @ColtCruise81

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
MVP

ChosenOne58's Arena

The Phinsider

Challenge Accepted: Devin Wade Makes the Cut

The NFL preseason is in the books and it looks like Miami still has not sorted out their quarterback situation. We got a chance to see all three QBs take a few snaps, but as the preseason wore on, we got to see a little bit more of Devin Wade. He played three quarters against Minnesota leading Miami to a huge 30-9 victory.

He finished with 14-20 passing for 201 yards, and two touchdowns. He also picked up 58 yards on the ground.

“It was great, contributing to that win. The offensive line was holding up, everything was just clicking. I’m glad.”

Another thing, we’re sure he’s glad about is the preseason cuts being completed. The Dolphins had four quarterbacks on the roster with the addition of Colin Kaepernick, but Matt Moore was the guy who got the boot on September 1.

“It’s definitely a weight off my shoulders at this point,” said Wade. “You never know what’s going to happen, but I just take a day at a time. I’m lucky I’ve gotten this far considering where I started in February.”

We’re sure that by now everyone knows the comeback story of the 5-star quarterback from a little town called Mathis, Texas who was expected to return the Texas Longhorns football program to the level of greatness that hadn’t been seen since the days of Vince Young and Colt McCoy. Four years removed from the game, Wade found his second chance after a meeting with a television executive and won a spot on the reality show The Longshot, managing to earn the opportunity to hear his name being called in the seventh round of the 2017 NFL Draft.

“It’s not the most conventional route to the NFL, but whatever it takes to get there, right? I just want a chance to live out my dream and it’s happening right now. And I couldn’t be happier.”

On the show, we saw Wade work with Miami Dolphins legend Dan Marino, leading some to believe that Marino was the catalyst for Wade. Marino is a special advisor to the CEO and President of the Miami Dolphins. He also has a pretty hands on role helping with the organization’s quarterbacks. The two seemed to get along well when the cameras were rolling and even when they weren’t.

“I’m more than sure he put in a word and for that I’m thankful. I’m glad I was able to make a good impression on him. Dan is a great mentor. He was my dad’s second favorite quarterback, Warren Moon being the first. Getting the opportunity to learn from him was amazing and I’m glad to be in Miami where I can learn even more from him.”

There has been a lot of speculation about Devin being ready to lead an organization like Miami despite appearing to be neck and neck with Jay Cutler for the role of first string quarterback. Dolphins fans were elated when Coach Gase signed Jay Cutler and couldn’t wait to see the two reunited. They didn’t expect Wade to have as great a showing as he did during the preseason and there are still a few skeptics about his ability to lead this time after what happened at Texas. Lots of people see him as a stop gap until Tannehill returns and then he’ll be relegated third string until the end of Cutler’s contract in 2019.

“I would love the opportunity to start. I won’t be upset about sitting the bench the first few games. I was never expecting to come in and take over. With that being said, I’m not going to just sit on the bench and twiddle my thumbs. I am going to compete every practice. I know I have my work cut out for me. I have an entire season of work to put in before any real decisions are made. I know that this is Ryan’s team and Jay, Colin, and myself are just leasing the building. But, comebacks are kind of my thing now, I guess. So we’ll see.”

Sounds like a bit of a personal challenge.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Phinsider

This looks great, I enjoyed longshot so really looking forward to following this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »