Home

Are You A Fan Of Floyd Mayweather?

This is a discussion on Are You A Fan Of Floyd Mayweather? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Are You A Fan Of Floyd Mayweather
NO-I ROOT FOR HIM TO GET BEAT, PREFERABLY KOed 11 18.64%
YES-I'M A FAN 37 62.71%
I"M NOT A FAN, BUT HAVE NOTHING AGAINST HIM 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Are You A Fan Of Floyd Mayweather?

Yes he's my favorite boxer
Old 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

This is funny because I was going to start a thread on this very same subject.

I just don't know how anybody can like the guy- I guess I mean I don't understand how anybody can want the guy to win. I can fully understand if someone thinks he's the best boxer out there or even if they like his boxing style, but with his personality, I just don't see how someone can pull for him. I don't even mind a fighter being brash, arrogant, confident, whatever, but Floyd demeans and insults his opponents far too much.

It's strange because he used to be my favorite fighter and is the reason I started watching boxing. I used to only know about Tyson, Holyfield, etc. but then I turned it to HBO late on night and saw Floyd dismantle Diego Corrales. I enjoyed that fight so much, I started watching every fight I could and really started studying the sport and now boxing is my second favorite sport behind college football.

However, after a few years, Floyd started changing. He complained constantly about why he didn't knock out this guy or that guy, started whining about not being a bigger star, and then began his constant insults to every fighter he faced. I don't think I've ever turned on a professional fighter as quickly as I did Floyd about 8 or so years ago. lol
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

I'm a fan of boxing. I like Shane and Floyd both. I like Floyd more because of his defensive style. Many call it running I call it setting traps.

Many people are boxer fans. I'm a boxing fan.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Im a big floyd fan. My fav boxer now that Winky Wright is pretty much done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurryStorm
This is funny because I was going to start a thread on this very same subject.

I just don't know how anybody can like the guy- I guess I mean I don't understand how anybody can want the guy to win. I can fully understand if someone thinks he's the best boxer out there or even if they like his boxing style, but with his personality, I just don't see how someone can pull for him. I don't even mind a fighter being brash, arrogant, confident, whatever, but Floyd demeans and insults his opponents far too much.

It's strange because he used to be my favorite fighter and is the reason I started watching boxing. I used to only know about Tyson, Holyfield, etc. but then I turned it to HBO late on night and saw Floyd dismantle Diego Corrales. I enjoyed that fight so much, I started watching every fight I could and really started studying the sport and now boxing is my second favorite sport behind college football.

However, after a few years, Floyd started changing. He complained constantly about why he didn't knock out this guy or that guy, started whining about not being a bigger star, and then began his constant insults to every fighter he faced. I don't think I've ever turned on a professional fighter as quickly as I did Floyd about 8 or so years ago. lol
Not true about floyd bad mouthing all his opponents lately..Only some. He didnt talk bad about marquez or judah. He talked bad about oscar and shane(which is his friend outside of boxing).
Old 04-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #7

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateName
Not true about floyd bad mouthing all his opponents lately..Only some. He didnt talk bad about marquez or judah. He talked bad about oscar and shane(which is his friend outside of boxing).
I highly doubt the rhetoric you get from Floyd is his normal self. Look at Ali and his talking, yet they call him the greatest. Floyd is a showman. He knows what he's doing.

As far as his boxing, I'm a fan. He frustrates people with speed and defense. I can't imagine how challenging it is for an opponent of his to keep his cool and not try to knock him out. It must be very frustrating to fight a guy like Floyd.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
Banned

Yeah its all a show. May 1st after the fight, him and shane will hug each other and floyd will say how good shane is as a boxer. Did the same thing vs diego , and they traded personal shots at each other. Floyd said he was fighting for battered women (diego was accused of hitting his girl) and diego said he was fighting for battered dads (this when floyd and floyd sr was beefing).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »