Home

New Fight Night Video Game In Development (Claressa Shields Confirmed)

This is a discussion on New Fight Night Video Game In Development (Claressa Shields Confirmed) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2019, 07:46 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Fight Night Video Game In Development (Claressa Shields Confirmed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Most people dont spend $80. Thats my point. Except for Floyd/Pac, Floyd/Conor and a few Canelo fights, most PPVs do under 400k. On top of that alot of the people who purchase PPVs are older and not the target audience for a demo. Just because you are a boxing fan doesnt mean that you will spend money on a boxing video game.

Indie developers can take chances that major game companies wont. Indie devs mostly have no one to answer to but themselves. EA/2k/Ubi/Konami all have shareholders that hold them accountable so they are less likely to take chances.
I'm aware most PPV don't do crazy numbers, but as gaming has gotten older, gamers have gotten older. There are a lot of people in their mid 20s to late 40s who game.

Will they sell a million DLCs? Probably not. Could they sell maybe 30k DLCs? Yea. With overall PPV buys being so low, as you mentioned, a promoter may love to see 10-20k additional PPV buys that people purchased because it came with a DLC.

I'm only speaking on Indy companies because large companies have the money to pay up front. Most people that will buy an Indy boxing game are likely hardcore boxing fans that are willing to spend money on the sport. It will take the hardcore boxing fan to support the company, until the company can acquire enough money to expand and be more appealing to the casual.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 05:20 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Fight Night Video Game In Development (Claressa Shields Confirmed)

Hardknock Nights Live just dropped a trailer on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »