Home

Redskins (HC 09)

This is a discussion on Redskins (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Redskins (HC 09)

I have just started on a Redskins Dynasty. This is going to be a sim dynasty since I have a Browns one that I am actually playing every game with. But I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it if I put it on here?

Like I said, it will be a sim game, just to try to deal with this overage and over-paid team.

I am just getting ready to start FA so if you guys want to follow I will post things and get everyone up to date.

Just let me know...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Redskins (HC 09)

I'd follow it.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

I am going to give you a quick overview of what I have set up and we will go from there.

QB: Field General
HB, FB, TE, OL: Balanced
WR: Tall/Red Zone Threat

DT: Balanced
DE: Runstopper
OLB: Runstopper
MLB: Power/Blitzer
CB: Man Coverage/Ballhawk
FS: Centerfielder
SS: Smart/Productive
K, P: Balanced

I am using Holgrems West Coast Offense and the Titans Blitz defense (4-3). I will be calling offense and the DC will be calling the defense. After cutting QB Brunell and WR Thrash I have 18.06 to start with in FA.

Draft Picks:
1-21
2-51
3-84
3-96
5-149
6-180
7-213

Coaches:

Keep: (Everyone else will be fired at the end of the season)
DC Blanche
ST Smith
RB Mitchell
DB Gray
Trainer Quarterman
Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Thoughts on the team:

The biggest needs I will address in FA is RG, ROLB and maybe CB.

I am going to try to get help for the RB, WRs, DE and SS in the draft. There are a lot of holes in this team, mainly because there are too many players that have maxed out progressions and are under 90 on health. The starting RB, Portis, is at 83. So Quarterman is going to have his work cut out for him.

I am looking at either RG Scott or Noll. I know Scott is cheaper, but his left leg isn't that good.

For OLB I am still not sure. I am leaning towards Dansby because he has some progression left, but I am going to see who is left after Franchise Tags are finished.

I also need to sign a Punter and will take a look at them later this evening.

I will make sure I get a different draft path here, I don't want English since I seem to get it every time.

Let the fun begin!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Offense Breakdown

QB: I cut Mark Brunell, so Collins (78)will be agood back-up for now as I try to work with Campbell (77/86). He is not the greatest QB, but we will see how this goes.

RB: Clinton Portis (89) is good, but health will be a problem (83). His $6.2 mill cap hit ensures he will be here for a few more years. Right now, Betts (77) is the only other RB so this will have to be addressed.

FB: This is the old school part of me, I like to have 2 on the roster. Sellers (78) is not a bad fit for the team, but once again age (32) and health (87) are an issue. I need to make sure the back-up is young.

WR: Not my type of players, at all. After cutting Thrash, there is only Moss (79) and Randel el (72) on the roster. This is an area of big concern right now.

TE: Cooley (87/88) is young (25) and healthy (92), a rare combination on this team, besides that he is smart and pretty good! That is where my praise for the TEs ends. Yoder (56) is a warm body and Ecker (50) can at least put on the uniform...I think.

LT: Samuels (90) is good and is fairly healthy (88) but his age (30) means he will need to be watched closely. I moved Heyer (75/81) from LT to RT so I could move the current backup LT. Heyer has a LRN of 55 so I don’t think he will improve much, even though the potential is there.

LG: Another change in position. This was more to address something from the GM. I know he is going to want a new guard of 85 and there are no left guards in FA. So I moved Thomas( 90) to LG to allow me to sign a RG to make the GM happy. His backup Kendall (74) may be a casualty of the salary cap if I get in a tight spot (cap hit $3.3 mill).

C: Rabach (80) is the starter and will have to do for now. I moved LT Sampson (76) to center as his backup. I may try to trade for Mangold from the Jets, but will see what they want for him.

RG: Will be addressed during FA with either Scott or Noll. Right now, Alexander(76/77)is it.

RT: Jansen (89) is the starter with Wade (82) behind him. As long as Jansen doesn’t retire this position is okay for a couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Defense Breakdown

LE: Carter (79) is the starter with Evans (71) backing him up. I prefer a better balance at this position, but I have other glaring needs on this team so we will go with this for the season.

RE: BIG area of concern. Right now Daniels (75) is it. But he is 34, has 66 LRN, not that he is going to get better, and HLTH of 81. I think I am going to try to draft Campbell for this spot.

DT: Griffin (80/81), Golston (71/72) andMontgomery (70/71) are what we have now. I will try to get them some help during the draft.

LOLB: At first glance there is Washington (85), okay, I can live with that. Age: 27, not bad, LRN: 84, looking good, then HLTH: 79. 79??? Oh man, my starting OLB has a health of 79. Big area to watch. Campbell (67) is his backup.

MLB: Fletcher (82) will need to be watched being 32 and having a HLTH of 85. Backup Blades (72/75) will do for when Fletcher gets injured. Both are on 4 year contracts and Fletcher hitting me for $4.1 million this year.

ROLB: BIG hole! Mcintosh (74/82) Okay, a 23 yrold OLB that can progress to an 82, I can work with this, but then his 58 LRNing brought that idea to a screeching halt. So I am looking to address this during FA.

CB: Springs (83), Rogers (77/83) and Smoot (78)are it. This needs to be addressed, just not sure how I am going to do it yet.

FS: FINALLY!!! A player to get excited about! Landry(90/93), young (22), smart (90) AND healthy (90). With no backup...

SS: Another major concern...Doughty (66/67) andFox (66) are it. This will be addressed during the draft.

K: Suisham (81/82) His KP of 90 and KA of 86 is okay for one year I guess.

P: not one on the roster.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #7
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

When it rains it pours...I was trying to download the demo for ncaa 14 and somehow got my profile corrupted so I had to delete it and in the process lost every one of my saved games...so guess this is a mute point now.

NCAA 14 better be worth it! I lost ALOT of achievements and saved games!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

A tough break, but it's early enough in this dynasty you can probably re-trace your steps, or make edits if necessary if you start a new career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »