Home

Week 12 Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Week 12 Discussion Thread within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2023, 11:14 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Week 12 Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Can we just all agree that Georgia’s winning streak has gone on long enough and should end this week?
It's still got a long way to go before it matches my longest streak in NCAA games. Keep them coming!

This does seem like a good upset opportunity. At home against a team who is receiving lots of praise after a big win, but (despite the recency bias in the media) is still a team with a few chinks in the armor.

That being said, I don't think that Tennessee's defense has enough to slow down Georgia's offense regardless of what else happens. Of course though I have thought since before the season that I expected a regular season upset at some point this season, and that ain't happening against Georgia Tech so...
Old 11-18-2023, 12:06 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

As overdone as it was, Colorado was still a fun story those first couple weeks of the season. It’s hard watching them get pummeled like they are right now by Washington State.

Looks like they won’t make a bowl this year, but I still think Deion will be successful there.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:34 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
As overdone as it was, Colorado was still a fun story those first couple weeks of the season. It’s hard watching them get pummeled like they are right now by Washington State.

Looks like they won’t make a bowl this year, but I still think Deion will be successful there.
Yeah, it became apparent as the season went on how far they are away from being competitive. The OL is terrible, and defense as a whole was mostly transfer guys who couldn't get playing time at previous schools or freshmen. I had a feeling when I was tracking them before the season, that they defense and OL would be major issue. Especially OL, so hopefully Sanders learned his lesson in that the major focus of the Portal needs to be OL

Take back the bad Stanford and Arizona loss, and it could've been a better outlook on the season. But, the proof of concept is there for the future. Especially going into a new conference without a powerhouse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 08:04 AM   #12
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah, it became apparent as the season went on how far they are away from being competitive. The OL is terrible, and defense as a whole was mostly transfer guys who couldn't get playing time at previous schools or freshmen. I had a feeling when I was tracking them before the season, that they defense and OL would be major issue. Especially OL, so hopefully Sanders learned his lesson in that the major focus of the Portal needs to be OL

Take back the bad Stanford and Arizona loss, and it could've been a better outlook on the season. But, the proof of concept is there for the future. Especially going into a new conference without a powerhouse.
I loved every moment of their season. Even got myself a pair of glasses
Old 11-18-2023, 10:09 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I loved every moment of their season. Even got myself a pair of glasses
There was optimism early, then it was obvious that they were far off. They had the #1 transfer portal class, but that was mainly off of the top guys and quantity of guys. It got bad quick once conference play started. Even though 5 of the 7 games they had a "chance", I didn't have confidence that they would win those games either way. But, that in itself Is a positive, I guess. You take back the Stanford and Arizona loss where they led for most of game, they're a 6 win team. If they attack the OL in the Portal and get better quality players, they should be an improved team.

Only thing with Colorado is that they are very dependent on the Portal until they're recruiting classes start to develop. None of Off Lineman job is safe, 6 of the main rotational DLineman are Seniors(and wasn't a good DL either way), current LBs are SRs or wasn't good enough. Front 7 as a whole needs to be replaced in the Portal. Only brightside on defense is that they have "talent" in the secondary.

The main benefit of not making a bowl game is that they can put their full focus on Recruiting and the Transfer Portal lol. I think that was an issue for Deion last year. Usually the departing coach doesn't stay for the bowl game. So he tried to do both of trying to recruit for one school and prepare for a bowl game for another school and it took away from both. I believe the Transfer Portal opens up 12/4 and closes 1/3/2024. I believe that early signing day is 12/20-12/22. So, he has a lot of work to do.
Old 11-18-2023, 01:46 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I hope the ACC disbands tomorrow and all officials can't find work in other conferences.

Such a joke.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 11-18-2023, 01:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The last 6 minutes of the Miami-Louisville game.just took 50 minutes real time.

And that included the refs are also adding 21 seconds back to the clock for absolutely no reason at all after a review confirmed Louisville failed to gain a 1st down, but they still reversed the clock back to where it was at the end of the play.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 02:35 PM   #16
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The last 6 minutes of the Miami-Louisville game.just took 50 minutes real time.

And that included the refs are also adding 21 seconds back to the clock for absolutely no reason at all after a review confirmed Louisville failed to gain a 1st down, but they still reversed the clock back to where it was at the end of the play.

You telling me ACC refs suck?

PSN: BigGreenZaku

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »