Home

Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

This is a discussion on Interesting things that's happened in legacy. within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Interesting things that's happened in legacy.

This might not be a Legacy only question but... I was wondering I played against Southern Miss last night as McNeese State ( 80 ovr vs 70 ) and I was really out matched. They were up on me big half way through the first half 26-10 and it was like they gave up. Is this normal ? They went from running up-tempo to half court and was just chucking up lazy shots not driving at all (tendency at 100). Crowd never got back into 6th man mode. I never saw the bar go past 1/2 after that. I made a comeback and when I was up by 8 they went back to uptempo and made a ton of mistakes you would expect a team in panic mode to make (Turnovers bad fouls).

Just curious if this sorta thing happens all the time or i'm just giving too much credit to the way ai acts. The way the game played it was the most fun i've had so far though.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonska
This might not be a Legacy only question but... I was wondering I played against Southern Miss last night as McNeese State ( 80 ovr vs 70 ) and I was really out matched. They were up on me big half way through the first half 26-10 and it was like they gave up. Is this normal ? They went from running up-tempo to half court and was just chucking up lazy shots not driving at all (tendency at 100). Crowd never got back into 6th man mode. I never saw the bar go past 1/2 after that. I made a comeback and when I was up by 8 they went back to uptempo and made a ton of mistakes you would expect a team in panic mode to make (Turnovers bad fouls).

Just curious if this sorta thing happens all the time or i'm just giving too much credit to the way ai acts. The way the game played it was the most fun i've had so far though.
Was clutch factor on? That may have had an influence on the game. I watch games and I've seen that a few times, sometimes the teams will dominate throughout the whole game, other times they will just give up leads.

ALSO @strobox88, When you make your draft classes how many players do you do, all 65 or just like 20 or so. I was thinking about maxing at 35 for my next, I probably won't get that many, but since I don't care about any of the other classes except 2012 (I'm on 2k11 so hopefully someone will edit the 2012 classes) so I was thinking about making at least half or so imported from 2k8, and the others generated by 2k11.

Last edited by Brock; 04-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
ALSO @strobox88, When you make your draft classes how many players do you do, all 65 or just like 20 or so. I was thinking about maxing at 35 for my next, I probably won't get that many, but since I don't care about any of the other classes except 2012 (I'm on 2k11 so hopefully someone will edit the 2012 classes) so I was thinking about making at least half or so imported from 2k8, and the others generated by 2k11.
I currently have about 20 done right now and this is my first draft class. I've taken a one week's break, but I usually transfer about 3-5 players a day when I find time to work on it. Because the class looks pretty deep based on the CH 2k Ratings (avg. 88-90) and the output NBA 2k Ratings (avg.63-69), I wanna see if I can do all of them. I notice in NBA 2k's generated draft classes, there is literally no talent in the 2nd round (with players mostly rated in the 50s). The way my draft class looks right now, there should be some steals in the second round if I can get around to transferring them all to NBA 2k12. One thing I'm enjoying is how their ratings change once they are transferred to the 2k12. There are some instances where lower rated CH players are rated the same or even higher than higher rated CH players based on their position. Tweeners (usually PG/SG combo who are too short to play SG in the league) experience a OVR drop when being transferred as well as jack-of-all trade players who are mediocre at everything.

Last edited by strobox88; 04-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I had no idea the player tendencies change when you play, now I have to check everyone on my roster lol
Does anyone know if they change during coach mode?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
I currently have about 20 done right now and this is my first draft class. I've taken a one week's break, but I usually transfer about 3-5 players a day when I find time to work on it. Because the class looks pretty deep based on the CH 2k Ratings (avg. 88-90) and the output NBA 2k Ratings (avg.63-69), I wanna see if I can do all of them. I notice in NBA 2k's generated draft classes, there is literally no talent in the 2nd round (with players mostly rated in the 50s). The way my draft class looks right now, there should be some steals in the second round if I can get around to transferring them all to NBA 2k12. One thing I'm enjoying is how their ratings change once they are transferred to the 2k12. There are some instances where lower rated CH players are rated the same or even higher than higher rated CH players based on their position. Tweeners (usually PG/SG combo who are too short to play SG in the league) experience a OVR drop when being transferred as well as jack-of-all trade players who are mediocre at everything.
Yeah, I love the fact that players ratings in while being transferred vary. I saw a 91 ovr player, who was on San Diego St and led them to the final four, come out at the lowest in my small imported class at 64. The highest ovr's were 73 and that was A PF from Miami and a SG from Rhode Island. Also a thing I noticed is if they were consistant in scoring at least 3-4 years, they were rated higher, if they were a senior who had a breakout year or has been good for the last 2 years of his career, they are rated lower.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #38
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Was clutch factor on? That may have had an influence on the game. I watch games and I've seen that a few times, sometimes the teams will dominate throughout the whole game, other times they will just give up leads.

yes it was on so i guess that explains it
Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #39
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobox88
After reading what you've been doing with your HS All-Americans, I decided to start editing my HS All-Americans to help make them a little more valuable like in real life. Though my criteria is more modest compared to your method, so far I've still gotten fairly realistic results. My criteria is:

HS All-Americans + Mr. Basketball receive +15 off/def awareness
HS All-Americans (no Mr. Basketball) receive + 7-8 off/def awareness

Doing this allows nearly all of the players (who don't already have potential NBA draft pick players currently starting on their team for their respective positions) to get into the starting lineup and contribute right away like most do in real life. I leave the potential as it should since I believe a player's ceiling shouldn't be edited to allow for the difference in growth when the players go pro. In other words, if all the HS All-Americans have an A+ potential, they will all be NBA All-Stars at some point in their NBA Career (if you import these draft classes into NBA 2k8 or, like me, if you use a conversion table to transfer the players to NBA 2k12). I also chose not to touch potential because there are players with average to above average potential that can still grow quite a lot depending on both how good of a teacher your coach is and their in-game performance. Other attributes I decided not to increase were:

Consistency
: There are plenty of inconsistent or streaky shooters in the NBA. Leaving it alone allows inconsistent shooters in college to be inconsistent in the NBA unless they improve on it (upon getting drafted).

Stamina
: There are players that are out of shape in the NBA. This attribute also stays pretty much the same when you transfer player ratings to from CH to NBA 2k, so I don't see the reason to change it.

Durability: There are plenty of good players (HS AA in particular) that go to the NBA and have a career plagued by injuries. By not increasing this, it allows for good players who are prone to getting hurt have the possibility to get hurt in the pros as well.

The top players in the class after applying this method ranged from around 84-87 (moving up 5-8 OVR points on average) while the HSAA without Mr.Basketball ranged from 79-83 (moving up 2-4 OVR points on average), which will get the top recruits who grow during the season high enough after the end of the season to compete in the draft. After experimenting, I was able to get about 12 one-and-dones to declare for the draft (mostly potential lottery picks with 1 or 2 in the top 5). The good freshman who stayed the previous year ranged from lottery picks to top picks the next year. Sounds more like real life.
how do you find all of the aa's and mr bballs quickly?
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #40
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I was playing my Midnight Madness game and my freshman Sg goes up for a layup only to be fouled hard from behind by my junior Sg that is hoping to win the starting spot. It was really cool because my first team was losing to the second team at the time. The older guys seemed to take it personal. We're Duke btw. I love the cut scene as well because my Jr SG actually tried to help the freshman up but we all know what was going on. I love this game!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »