Home

Playstation Network and Discussion Part Deux

This is a discussion on Playstation Network and Discussion Part Deux within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Playstation Network and Discussion Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
In light of my picking up a PS2 last week, this week I'm thinking about going for the BIG BLACK BOX and have a few questions if you guys don't mind.

1. Besides the PS3, what else do I need to hook it up? I've got a set of component cables that I bought for my PS2 that say they will work with the PS3, so I'm good there I think. My television doesn't do HDMI

2. Will Guitar Hero One and GH 80's work on the PS3? I know I have to buy some sort of adapter. Which adapter is it and do all the buttons work with the adapter? I've got GHII on my 360 so I'm not worried about that.

3. Is there any real advantage to the 60gb version over the 20gb besides the extra hard drive space? I have an internet port in my component switcher so wireless isn't that big of a deal.

4. What games do you guys recommend? I'm of course picking up the Show, Resistance, and F1 (been years since I've gotten to play an F1 game)

5. Rosters are done thru a simple USB drive right?

Thanks fellas for any replies.
Great questions! I 'm planning on getting a PS3 this weekend as well. I was wondering if I should get it at Target because there replacement warranty is cheaper? Where is the best deal/bundle for the PS3 right now?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
3. Is there any real advantage to the 60gb version over the 20gb besides the extra hard drive space? I have an internet port in my component switcher so wireless isn't that big of a deal.

4. What games do you guys recommend? I'm of course picking up the Show, Resistance, and F1 (been years since I've gotten to play an F1 game)

Thanks fellas for any replies.
i dont know the answer for 1 and 2 so i just skipped those

3. i dont think they sell 20 gigs anymore, unless the store didnt sell them all yet...but the 60 gigs dropped $100 anyways and if you did find a 20 gb ps3 on ebay or something, it will not have Memory Stick, SD, or Compact Flash inputs, Wi-Fi capabilities, or any HDMI output.(i just took that from a site)

4. i would recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma if you're interested in those type of games

5. yep

Last edited by Munkey; 07-27-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #11
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey
i dont know the answer for 1 and 2 so i just skipped those

3. i dont think they sell 20 gigs anymore, unless the store didnt sell them all yet...but the 60 gigs dropped $100 anyways and if you did find a 20 gb ps3 on ebay or something, it will not have Memory Stick, SD, or Compact Flash inputs, Wi-Fi capabilities, or any HDMI output.(i just took that from a site)

4. i would recommend Ninja Gaiden Sigma if you're interested in those type of games

5. yep
Thanks man and thanks to everyone who's patiently answered my questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #12
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
In light of my picking up a PS2 last week, this week I'm thinking about going for the BIG BLACK BOX and have a few questions if you guys don't mind.

1. Besides the PS3, what else do I need to hook it up? I've got a set of component cables that I bought for my PS2 that say they will work with the PS3, so I'm good there I think. My television doesn't do HDMI
Yes Dave, like we spoke over IM...........the PS2 components will work with the PS3.

Quote:
2. Will Guitar Hero One and GH 80's work on the PS3? I know I have to buy some sort of adapter. Which adapter is it and do all the buttons work with the adapter? I've got GHII on my 360 so I'm not worried about that.
GH1 will work with a PS2/PS3 adaptor from Radioshack, but not the one from Gamestop. GH2 and GH80's will not work as the guitar was wired differently for these. I have posted over in the 80's GH thread from a RedOctane admin that GH2 and 80's won't work even with the GHIII guitar, so hold on to your PS2.

Quote:
If Wi-Fi is not that big of a deal to you, or even that extra 40gb, or the chrome on the 60gb.......................go for the 20gb if you can fine it.

But remember that the 60gb will have the Emotion Engine for BC, but the 80gb will run on emulation like the 360..............we know what that means.

Quote:
The Show, Resistance, and Motorstorm are good games to own. EG and Rodster like F1, and the title I'm finally waiting for is coming in 3 weeks..........LAIR.

Quote:
Yes, you can use a thumb drive for the rosters.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 PM   #13
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Im interested in Playstation home, Cant wait till it is released in Oct.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 07-27-2007, 11:59 PM   #14
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobee
Great questions! I 'm planning on getting a PS3 this weekend as well. I was wondering if I should get it at Target because there replacement warranty is cheaper? Where is the best deal/bundle for the PS3 right now?

Thanks
if u can hold out another month, the 80GB PS3s will be out that packaged with Motorstorm.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #15
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Rosters are done thru a simple USB drive right?

Yes, you can use a thumb drive for the rosters.[/quote]

Does that mean I dont need a transfer kit like the 360 for rosters??

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Im interested in Playstation home, Cant wait till it is released in Oct.
same here

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »