Home

OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

This is a discussion on OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #57
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: OS Steam and Computer Gaming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
I think it's able to run 4 controllers. They sell the controllers with the receiver but I already have two good working controllers. What I want to know is if I can get a battery swapped or something. I think I'll use the Duracell rechargeable batteries I have around the house.

Does that GTA have the downloadable stuff with it? Sounds pretty good. DA BULLS!!

Sent from here to there
Thanks Luv, good to know it can handle up to 4.

GTA IV is without the expansions.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

@Capt - Yea I looked heavy at range because my distance from TV to bed (its in master bed room, so I can game laying down in comfort and give the fiancee the living room TV) is about 10 foot. The MK550 and MK710 both have 30 foot of range, so I figure that is perfect.

I am honestly looking forward to FIFA 12 on PC. That will be my first purchase. I have a ton of games on my PC as it is, but will be slowly making all my new purchases on it rather than the consoles.

Off topic
I am on Chapter 14 of Mafia 2 on PC. For 4 bucks it was a steal, it has been a great game. Fun gun fights, excellent mob story, and pretty graphics.

I have Alpha Protocol, BorderLands, Far Cry2, and ARMA 2 waiting in the wings to be finished also. I think I am going to start on ARMA 2 next and really work on beating the campaigns.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #59
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
@Capt - Yea I looked heavy at range because my distance from TV to bed (its in master bed room, so I can game laying down in comfort and give the fiancee the living room TV) is about 10 foot. The MK550 and MK710 both have 30 foot of range, so I figure that is perfect.

I am honestly looking forward to FIFA 12 on PC. That will be my first purchase. I have a ton of games on my PC as it is, but will be slowly making all my new purchases on it rather than the consoles.

Off topic
I am on Chapter 14 of Mafia 2 on PC. For 4 bucks it was a steal, it has been a great game. Fun gun fights, excellent mob story, and pretty graphics.

I have Alpha Protocol, BorderLands, Far Cry2, and ARMA 2 waiting in the wings to be finished also. I think I am going to start on ARMA 2 next and really work on beating the campaigns.
Phobia, does the 550 go as far as 30 feet? Anyway you can test for me whenever you get a chance?

Btw, amazon has FIFA 12 for $20 right now on sale.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
Phobia, does the 550 go as far as 30 feet? Anyway you can test for me whenever you get a chance?

Btw, amazon has FIFA 12 for $20 right now on sale.
Check out this link. It says 30 feet and reviews the top boards.
http://wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-r...enreviews.com/

550 ranks 5th and 710 ranks 3rd.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #61
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Debating on buying all my games online. Batman looks wonderful so far. I was looking at mods for NBA 2k12. Oh, why did I wait so long? Steam has a lot of older games for a reasonable price too. If Sony would bite the bullet and start putting a lot of their games on there, I would definitely never need to do a console again. Any suggestions from you guys would be delightful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #62
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I'll suggest Hard Reset. It was only $5 during the Xmas sale.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #63
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Debating on buying all my games online. Batman looks wonderful so far. I was looking at mods for NBA 2k12. Oh, why did I wait so long? Steam has a lot of older games for a reasonable price too. If Sony would bite the bullet and start putting a lot of their games on there, I would definitely never need to do a console again. Any suggestions from you guys would be delightful.
Yeah, that's why you'll never see Sony first party titles on PC with few exceptions.

My sole recommendation is don't buy anything that's not on sale unless you're comfortable with the occasional buyer's remorse. Sales are fast and frequent, many titles I don't have time for but will surely purchase go un-bought knowing they'll be on sale later in the year. Some games though I am fine with paying full price for, I know I'll get my money's worth with them usually.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'll suggest Hard Reset. It was only $5 during the Xmas sale.
Goh, I know the running joke is you don't like any game. So I was surprised to see you list this, I have never heard of it. Is it good???

I also got in my MK550 yesterday. Looks like a fantastic board, I have yet to give it a go. I only have one complaint, it seems the space bar is spongy.

I also beat Mafia 2 last night, not much of a open world game. But as a linear mob story I thought it was pretty darn good and gripping suspenseful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »