Home

PC or Next Gen Console?

This is a discussion on PC or Next Gen Console? within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #65
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PC or Next Gen Console?

If you want to make the jump to PC gaming you should really be willing to do the research to build your own. Not just because building your own is cheaper and can get you a better system for the same budget but because you will get the most out of building a pc that is strong in doing what you want it to do. Games tend to either stress the GPU or CPU and if you know what you want to play then you can build a machine geared toward what you want and it will perform much better.

Games can also be a chore to install and get running properly and the more you know about your system the easier it is to get them optimized.

Additionally, to get the most out of pc gaming you are probably going to want to mod your games. In addition to them just looking prettier this is the single biggest reason to go pc and it takes research to make sure you know what you are doing when you start modding you game.

PC gaming is alot of work but its very rewarding work that ends up letting you play the game the way you want to play it. Console gaming is convenient and with the latest round of systems the graphics gap has closed but the is still a sizeable gap for graphics nuts like me. So in the end if you just want to sit down and play consoles this gen are perfectly fine for that, but it you are willing and have the time to put in research, just like anything else in life it is rewarding and you will end up enjoying it more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #66
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

I recommend hanging around Tom's Hardware site if you are interested in building a PC. They do some strong analysis on performance of processors, graphics cards, and other components. Here is an example of some builds the community put together and voted on the best one.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ds,3692-7.html
Old 12-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #67
Banned

metalmilitia623's Arena

OVR: 0

PC hands down. The reason being is there's just way more innovation on PC than there ever will be on the consoles. Plus PC has some awesome VR tech coming down the pipes in the next few years.

Also those saying fighting games are lacking on PC what about MK9 and Skullgirls? Yea there's only two but really do you need that many? Also most of the others are exclusives to one of the consoles.

Exclusives only exist to try and sell consoles usually they are mediocre games (not always though). I will say compared to M$ $ony on last gen had a lot more quality exclusive games. This gen however I foresee the PC having the best exclusive games, especially with the PCs disguised as consoles.

With the consoles being more similar to PCs now I feel we'll see some better PC versions of multiplat games and possibly more games appearing on PC that in the past would not. Sports games I'm looking at you.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 5

so I love my PC, but my problem with fighting games is that I do not own a controller that I would want to play a fighter with. I have a 360 controller but the d-pad on that thing is meh... oh wait can I use an Xbone controller on PC?
Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #69
Banned

metalmilitia623's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bghost
so I love my PC, but my problem with fighting games is that I do not own a controller that I would want to play a fighter with. I have a 360 controller but the d-pad on that thing is meh... oh wait can I use an Xbone controller on PC?
Not that I'm aware of. I don't think M$ has released the drivers yet for it. The PS4 controller will work on PC though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »