Home

Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

This is a discussion on Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Microsoft Reveals the New Xbox Series X, Arrives in Holiday 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I likely won't get an Xbox, or any console this generation, unless certain games make that hard to avoid, i.e. me not wanting to wait on a GTA PC release, but I am excited that these consoles are finally upping their CPU power for once. All we've seen grow in games over the past few generations now has been the graphics while AI sits there not being improved at all. Hopefully now that the consoles are getting some legitimate CPU power for once we will finally see AI advancements that are extremely long overdue. The consoles have basically kept AI progression a decade or two behind at this point since most games these days are made with consoles in mind and then PC's just get the extra bells and whistles graphically speaking. Now there will be no excuse for the AI in games to be as poor as it still is. It is a sad world when FEAR, a game from what, 2004?, still has some of the best AI in gaming simply because it has been all about graphics graphics graphics.

I'm ready for AI to be the focus so that games that are PVE or sports games, or whatever, can finally feel more organic and it becomes harder and harder to know how to beat the AI simply due to its limitations. I'm ready to see machine learning in games more. We've seen demos of it being used in games before and the early tests show that there is plenty of potential there, hopefully this gen is when we finally see stuff like that employed on a massive scale and AI becomes a big focus. I know graphics will remain king since that is what grabs peoples' attention, but I long for the day when bots in shooters, the AI enemies in campaigns, the CPU in sports games, etc. all behave like real people and aren't as predictable. Having the AI learn context and being dynamic based off of it should be one of the improvements we see if companies put any effort into AI and that alone is going to be a huge jump for AI.
I do agree that AI has held gaming back past couple generations. Most games felt scripted because AI wasn't advanced enough to give gamers adequate challenge. I'm hoping with the jump to advanced CPU, that AI sees a big jump. I always been a solo offline guy, but I do see the allure of H2H or CO-OP gaming, especially with sports gaming. CPU AI has struggled to give users a realistic challenge because AI has to be scripted to perform at a basic level.
I'm hoping this is the generation where visuals and gameplay/AI are at an elite level. Visuals has been the main focus last couple generations. I'm hoping that we have gameplay to match the visuals. We know we're going to see a good jump in visuals. But I'm hoping gameplay sees a significant jump. I still feel the PS2/Xbox was my favorite generation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2020, 09:39 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/...ration-gaming/
Old 02-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #83
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
This all sounds awesome.

I wonder how the suspended games work with game saves and playing on other consoles. I've run into that a bit where if you don't quit the game then it won't back up the save right to the cloud.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:32 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I like what CD Project Red did allowing Cyberpunk buyers to not have to rebuy the game for Series X. I guess that is how Smart Delivery will work to upgrade to Series X version. I wonder how many developers will be willing to do that. That is the more consumer friendly approach. Companies stand to make a lot of money by making consumers repurchase games for new consoles for upgraded experience. I do see some developers not doing it if they want as much money as possible. But that plus Backwards Compatibility upgrading previous generation games, is a great pair.

I hope that is something Sony does as well since that is the console I'm purchasing. Even though, I sold all my previous games and consoles, Smart Delivery is a useful feature for me. Imagine wanting to rent or buy a cross-gen game that is out of stock for for Series X, but with Smart Delivery you can get the last gen version and still get the next gen experience
Old 02-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 0

Must admit that Microsoft has won me over for the first since since Gears 3 during the Xbox 360 generation. After reading all that info a little while ago and watching the 30 minute Digital Foundry video, im ready!!!

Unless Sony's PS5 is equal or better (it won't be), Xbox Series X will be my primary console for next generation. Plus, CDPR saying that upgrading from the Xbox One to the Xbox Series X version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be free is not only a huge plus but pretty much confirms what I have expected once they delayed the game which is a next gen port day one!!!

What a great day!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
Must admit that Microsoft has won me over for the first since since Gears 3 during the Xbox 360 generation. After reading all that info a little while ago and watching the 30 minute Digital Foundry video, im ready!!!

Unless Sony's PS5 is equal or better (it won't be), Xbox Series X will be my primary console for next generation. Plus, CDPR saying that upgrading from the Xbox One to the Xbox Series X version of Cyberpunk 2077 will be free is not only a huge plus but pretty much confirms what I have expected once they delayed the game which is a next gen port day one!!!

What a great day!!!
Cyberpunk saying that holds a lot of weight for sure because Sony was the company that decided to do a remaster of LOU when they could have done a free upgrade. That won't fly with sony fans any longer and they will expect that the lou2 on ps4 pro version will get automatic upgrade to ps5 without having to buy it

As a matter of fact these companies better start doing one purchase cross gen so I do not have to buy the same damm game for ps5 xsx and pc
Old 02-27-2020, 11:29 PM   #87
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Cyberpunk saying that holds a lot of weight for sure because Sony was the company that decided to do a remaster of LOU when they could have done a free upgrade. That won't fly with sony fans any longer and they will expect that the lou2 on ps4 pro version will get automatic upgrade to ps5 without having to buy it

As a matter of fact these companies better start doing one purchase cross gen so I do not have to buy the same damm game for ps5 xsx and pc
Sony wasn't the only publisher to do last gen remasters for this gen. Don't forget though, PS4 wasn't BC with PS3 so could they give you a free upgrade? They would still have to release a PS4 version of the game. Gamers didn't mind though as the remaster went over 7m in sales. A lot of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3 because they were Xbox 360 owners. With PS5 said to be BC with PS4, an upgrade should be what happens.

With Cyberpunk 2077, im hoping that CDPR delays it to the launch of Series X and it can be a cross-gen launch title. This way, since im buying Series X day one, I can just have the best version right off the bat instead of waiting because while my plan is to wait until the next gen version releases, if I was to play it this gen, im simply not going to replay the game as I have only done that once this generation and just isn't something im into doing.

If not, then I will wait for the update/upgrade to be available especially since it's a given that Cyberpunk 2077 will have expansions ala The Witcher 3 and I would prefer to just have everything as one complete set.

Either way, im HYPED!!!
Old 03-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Full Specs
https://www.ign.com/articles/full-xbox-series-x-specs

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »