Home

How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting

This is a discussion on How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #9

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: How Do You Get Into Dynasties When You Aren't Reporting

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd chime in -

For me, playing a dynasty and reporting on the dynasty are synonymous. I can't play a dynasty without documenting everything.

It would leave an empty feeling churning through seasons and not being able to go back and look at the history, the pics from the game, the details from the game, the reader reactions, etc. There is no greater joy in football video gaming than being able to go back and look at your old games days, weeks, months, or even years after they've been played.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 04-03-2019, 03:43 AM   #10
Rookie

Dwright103's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd chime in -

For me, playing a dynasty and reporting on the dynasty are synonymous. I can't play a dynasty without documenting everything.

It would leave an empty feeling churning through seasons and not being able to go back and look at the history, the pics from the game, the details from the game, the reader reactions, etc. There is no greater joy in football video gaming than being able to go back and look at your old games days, weeks, months, or even years after they've been played.

I agree, at this point with playing video games I always go back and review past seasons. sp even when I’m not reporting for a chise I’m always writing things down I may forget to add more depth to my chise
Old 04-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #11
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Ever since I found OS and started documenting my dynasties/franchises, I have yet to find a way to enjoy or stay committed to a dynasty/franchise when I'm not reporting it in some capacity. Even if I don't post it here on OS, I always need to have some sort of spreadsheet handy where I'm taking down boxscores, award winners, etc. My gaming time now is very, very limited so I like to make it count but still want to document it. It's quite the Catch-22.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #12
Rookie

cdh72469's Arena

OVR: 5

I used to love to do reporting, creating layouts, modding the HTML code from OS,writing stories, etc. I still have delusions I could still do it but reality sets in and I just don't have the time any more with family, home, work, etc. I do admit that I find not having the "pressure" of making notes, going through highlights, getting screenshots, editing layouts to be fun too, but I still miss reporting.

They way I try to get into a franchise is come up with a way to make it fun even if I'm not reporting, like last year in Madden 18, I took the Browns and through roster management and equivalent ratings trades, filled the roster with rookies and 2nd year players, got through 1 season and did get them to the playoffs.

This year I have taken my home team Falcons and again through the same kind of roster management and the Browns deal, made their roster all SEC alums and am playing test games to get fun and fair game play settings to hopefully take it into a franchise.

But I'm also kicking around an idea of creating an Auburn Legends roster somehow and using the Bears or Broncos (team colors.) The quickest way I've found to do that is just edit existing players that are most similar to the Auburn players I want on the team...time consuming though. I think that idea comes from still missing an NCAA Football game.

I still find myself designing layouts in the hopes of using them but it's a lot of work and a lot of time I just don't have right now. I do miss it though.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #13
Rookie

From a person who is just coming into this website and considering posting (long time reader), I started recently reporting my games in a wordpad document of mine and just started sharing like this. Then I came on this website and realized I wasn't (nearly at all) the only one who did that, and there were people willing to read stuff and I could read their stuff. It's helped me report better, and it's helped me ultimately get more into the game because it seems more real. I'll never go back to any other way.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:38 AM   #14
Rookie

Before I get started on a dynasty I like to go through and sim a year of a different dynasty to see what information the game gives throughout the year. Then I like to go through and pick what information I want to follow from year to year. Most times it is standings, playoffs, draft picks, team stats, and league stats. I keep these all in a google sheet and track it all. I love going back and comparing teams from different years and trying to figure out what I did really well or what I need to adjust.

I like to do these for all of my franchises and try to focus on playing multiple years in any way I can. Most times this means simulating a good chunk of the year, which I find to be a lot of fun and an added strategy layer to the game. It is also really fun to track the top 5 statistical leaders for every year to see just how dominate of a year a certain player had. Gives you some numbers to look at!
Old 04-05-2022, 04:26 PM   #15
Just started!

Obviously a very old thread, but it just takes time for it to stick. The last dynasty I consistently posted was damn near a decade ago now. And I’m just now re-interested in posting and recording my franchise. But when I did consistently post, I probably started a dozen seasons before one stuck and I was into it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2022, 05:37 AM   #16
Rookie

I did a football manager dynasty once upon a long ago, it's kinda hard to not report while keeping on continuing the game, and eventually I lost interest in the reporting stuff because I treated it like a chore and a hindrance to me continuing my game time. As long as you have fun and go at your own pace, you'll have a good time both playing the game and writing the dynasty

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »