Home

How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your FIFA Career Mode Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #81
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

Started up a CM with Tottenham. My offensive issues have us sitting in 9th place in mid October, but I am starting to score some more goals, so hopefully it gets better. I did manage to beat the Gunners 2-0 early in the season!

I really like this Spurs team post-Bale. Very deep. I generally run with:

-------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker---Vertonghen--- Dawson---Naughton

--------Paulinho----------Dembele---------

Lamela-----------Eriksen-----------Sigurdsson

-----------------Soldado-----------------

and a bench generally consisting of a mixture of the following: Defoe, Kaboul, Rose, Lennon, Sandro, Chadli, Capoue, Holtby, Townsend, Chiriches,

Nice to have capable guys like Chadli, Sandro, and Defoe to step in when needed up front or in the midfield. My fullbacks are definitely the weakest part of the team. Behind Walker and Naughton the pickings are pretty slim.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks

Last edited by gopher_guy; 10-08-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #82
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

OVR: 0

Is Danny Rose bad in game? Because irl he is much better than Naughton
Old 10-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #83
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
Is Danny Rose bad in game? Because irl he is much better than Naughton
They're pretty much dead even. Rose has slightly better offensive attributes and balance.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #84
Rookie

how do we do precontract agreements? i've read that they added them in the game, but i can't seem to find an option... i know the player needs to have less than 6 months remaining on their contract, but i still can't find it. am i missing it? or is it even in the game?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHAMM3R
how do we do precontract agreements? i've read that they added them in the game, but i can't seem to find an option... i know the player needs to have less than 6 months remaining on their contract, but i still can't find it. am i missing it? or is it even in the game?
You can only do it during the January transfer window, and the player must be 23 yrs old or older.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #86
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Position: RF (I wanted this to be ST)
League: Barclay's Premier League
Team: Arsenal/on loan at Cheltenham Town
Objectives: 7.5 avg rating, 19 goals, 5, assists, 22% shooting

I'm now into January and Cheltenham is sitting atop the table with a 1 game lead over 2nd place Chesterfield. I'm now playing on Legendary with Gonira's sliders and having great games. Most recently I had two awesome cup matches, one against Preston North End, the other against Colchester. The Preston game ended with them winning 3 - 2 with them scoring in the 90th minute, but not in a cheating fashion. Although I won the possession game they were the better team.

The Colchester game had me on the edge of my seat. I scored at about the 34th minute and held them off to end the half. I intended to park the bus and run the clock down but one of my defenders gave up *** and let an attacker get a shot off in the box. I'm sure you know how that ended. The game ended in a tie but being that this was our replay game for the F.A. Cup we went to extra time. After another 30 mins there still wasn't a winner so PK it was. It was the most tense FIFA 14 moment I've had yet. We were going back and forth, scoring shot after shot when miraculously, they shot too high and hit the crossbar. I made my next shot and the fat lady sang. It was over. With those 2 games I'm out of the J.Paint Trophy but on to the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup.

I'm now a 74 OVR and once again I must say that VP is the most satisfying way to do a Player Career. You know exactly what you need to do to make you player improve and you get to customize your player's traits. My average is now 8.1, I'm just 3 goals short of my target with 16, 2 assists over my target with 7, but my shot target % is only 16% so I need to get really accurate, really fast.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #87
Rookie

RunnyEggs's Arena

In the middle of my fifth season at Burton Albion. After I qualified for the Premier League (all the way up from LEague 2), I moved the difficulty from Professional to World Class. Good God, is it hard now.

One thing that was so frustrating is I only got a 1.1 million dollar budget before my first season in the premier league, so I relied almost exclusively on loanees to remain in the top flight (I finished 15th).

In my second season of EPL, I received a 14.5 million dollar budget with, I think, 160K wage. I was able to FINALLY afford a couple of scouts better than one star, and I picked up a free agent LM who was 78 overall (immediatly became my best player). I'm struggling to score goals, and I currently am in 15th place. Hopefully I get some more money to play with next season to grab a top striker.

International play has become my favorite aspect of CM, just because the stakes are so high. I took the Wales team manager job, and easily qualified for Euro before moving it up to World Class. I upped the difficulty, and made a semifinal run with a dramatic 3-2 victory against Italy in group stage to advance to quarterfinals.

However, I nearly broke my controller during WC qualifying. After winning my first two matches, I then won just one more match and resigned before the final two games. Absolutely impossible to score for some reason.

I soon accepted the Austria job, and all I had to do is grab about 4 points in two games to qualify for WC, and I'm happy to announce we will be headed to Russia at the end of the coming season.

One thing I have done is looked through the Austrian player pool to find some up and comers, avoiding the whole scouting aspect. I snagged a 73 overall striker, who is in his early 20s, and transferred for him -- kind of messing with the system, but I deserve it after that 1.1 million transfer budget.

Also, because I'm a bit of a weirdo, I have decided Burton Albion will now be rivals with Southampton because those Southies whooped me 5-0 and 4-0 in my first year in EPL. I'll give updates at the end of each season to avoid these novellas.

Bottom line: Still very much enjoying the game, although I want to strangle my players sometimes.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #88
Just started!

Cool Re: How's Your FIFA 14 Career Mode Going?

I'm third in the league with Dagenham and Redbridge and I've just reached January I also disabled the transfer window at the beginning of the season so that it's more realistic but I'm doing really well and have a young squad but does any1 know any players to sign or loan for lower league teams I only have a budget of 200,000k and 2000k on wages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »