Home

FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 01:33 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

hi there. i have been a lurker in these forums for several games. i like ur sliders for the pro level.

1 question. fouls by cpu is low on pro level as compared to world class? even when i use a referee with high strictness on fouls, cpu players can catch up to my fast player n barge them off the ball without it being called.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 AM   #10
Pro

I don't know about fouls. It might be the case, since World Class is more agressive on defense, but it would be just a guess if I said anything.

Right now I abandoned the work on the "version 2.0" of this set because of having to decide between a CPU that matches my skill level or a CPU that matches my buid-up speed with manual passing. Got a better all-around experience playing with the Community Set on World Class, 10 minutes and default controller settings. But I might get back to it in the future.

The last numbers I've been using with this set were:

Sprint Speed: 39/39
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 51/51
Pass Error: 48/62
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 45/45
Injury Frequency: 57/57
Injury Severity: 20/20
GK Ability: 42/42
Marking: 47/47
Run Frequency: 2/2
Line Height: 59/59
Line Lenght: 49/49
Line Width: 50/50
Fullbacks: 55/55
Power Bar: 64
First Touch: 50/50

Pro, Full Manual, 10 minutes

The last things I was experimenting with were shot error and especially gk ability. I felt a need to nerf goalkeepers quite a bit on this to make them act more human (prone to fail) and so scores wouldn't be too low, but their animations can be pretty sluggish depending on the setting you pick. I was trying 40 but didn't find the point just yet. Anyway, doesn't hurt to give these settings a try if you were enjoying them before.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 03-18-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:10 PM   #11
Pro

After some tinkering in the last couple of days, I was finally able to pull a set I really enjoy.

So far I was playing with the latest community set from Matt and I gotta say I absolutely LOVE it. But when I think about playing my career long term, it is still more arcadey (pace-wise) than I'd like.

Afterall, I dropped full manual controls in this game for good. And TBH, I'm not really missing it. There's some kind of goals in the top levels IRL with some beautiful stream of passes that are just not reproduceable with manual controls (at least not by me).

I tried to strike a good balance between "sim" and "fun". You can only try to make FIFA play like a sim until a point before it becomes very sluggish and boring. And you will fail anyway, this game can only go so far when it comes to realism.

I'm seeing more fouls than usual. Maybe it's the extra point in marking, but I think there's more to it. It was accidental, but thanks God. Even had to decrease a point in injury frequency because injuries started to happen too much without having changed the frequency slider at all (and it was not just an odd match).

The only slider with a difference between user and CPU is still pass error. This time, just a tiny 1 point advantage for the CPU to make the game just that little bit harder than stock world class. It's a personal difficulty adjustment, so you should be free to experiment with it and combine with your preferred controller settings, if semi or manual is still your thing.

Don't give any advantages to user or CPU when playing with player lock, otherwise balance between your team and the opposition goes out of the window. Make pass error 51/51 in this case (I think 51 just feels better than 50 for some reason, and you'll have less "perfect passing"). If you want to make the game easier or tougher in player lock, change the difficulty level instead of sliders, this way the quality of your AI controlled teammates will change proportionally to the quality of the opposition.

These are my settings now. Finally happy with them. The game plays fluid, but you got to work well to build your chances (thank you for the inspiration, Matt).

Difficulty: World Class
Half Lenght: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Controller settings: Default (semi crossing, everything else assisted)

Sprint Speed: 42/42
Shot Error: 49/49
(too many misses and post hits by the CPU @ 50)
Pass Error: 51/50
Pass Speed: 46/46
(tried to make it congruent with 42 sprint speed)
Injury Frequency: 56/56
Goalkeeper Ability: 46/46
(gk's still make great saves, but not impossible ones. Might raise to 47 if scores get high, but I'm happy atm)
Marking: 51/51 (Love it. Enough space to build it up, but the extra urgency from markers force you to think faster and work harder to break defenses)
Run Frequency: 0/0 (Yep. And there's still many runs, don't be fooled. RF is hyped in FIFA 18)
Line Height: 60/60
Line Lenght: 43/43
(you guys have convinced me, shorter works better)
Line Width: 51/51
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
(after much consideration, no need to hype it, tbh)
Power Bar: 50 (put it higher if unassisted)
First Touch: 54/54

Last edited by GaloVingador; 03-21-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2018, 08:21 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
After some tinkering in the last couple of days, I was finally able to pull a set I really enjoy.

So far I was playing with the latest community set from Matt and I gotta say I absolutely LOVE it. But when I think about playing my career long term, it is still more arcadey (pace-wise) than I'd like.

Afterall, I dropped full manual controls in this game for good. And TBH, I'm not really missing it. There's some kind of goals in the top levels IRL with some beautiful stream of passes that are just not reproduceable with manual controls (at least not by me).

I tried to strike a good balance between "sim" and "fun". You can only try to make FIFA play like a sim until a point before it becomes very sluggish and boring. And you will fail anyway, this game can only go so far when it comes to realism.

I'm seeing more fouls than usual. Maybe it's the extra point in marking, but I think there's more to it. It was accidental, but thanks God. Even had to decrease a point in injury frequency because injuries started to happen too much without having changed the frequency slider at all (and it was not just an odd match).

The only slider with a difference between user and CPU is still pass error. This time, just a tiny 1 point advantage for the CPU to make the game just that little bit harder than stock world class. It's a personal difficulty adjustment, so you should be free to experiment with it and combine with your preferred controller settings, if semi or manual is still your thing.

Don't give any advantages to user or CPU when playing with player lock, otherwise balance between your team and the opposition goes out of the window. Make pass error 51/51 in this case (I think 51 just feels better than 50 for some reason, and you'll have less "perfect passing"). If you want to make the game easier or tougher in player lock, change the difficulty level instead of sliders, this way the quality of your AI controlled teammates will change proportionally to the quality of the opposition.

These are my settings now. Finally happy with them. The game plays fluid, but you got to work well to build your chances (thank you for the inspiration, Matt).

Difficulty: World Class
Controller settings: Default (semi crossing, everything else assisted)

Sprint Speed: 42/42
Shot Error: 49/49
(too many misses and post hits by the CPU @ 50)
Pass Error: 51/50
Pass Speed: 46/46
(tried to make it congruent with 42 sprint speed)
Injury Frequency: 56/56
Goalkeeper Ability: 46/46
(gk's still make great saves, but not impossible ones. Might raise to 47 if scores get high, but I'm happy atm)
Marking: 51/51 (Love it. Enough space to build it up, but the extra urgency from markers force you to think faster and work harder to break defenses)
Run Frequency: 0/0 (Yep. And there's still many runs, don't be fooled. RF is hyped in FIFA 18)
Line Height: 60/60
Line Lenght: 43/43
(you guys have convinced me, shorter works better)
Line Width: 51/51
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
(after much consideration, no need to hype it, tbh)
Power Bar: 50 (put it higher if unassisted)
First Touch: 54/54
Thanks for these Galo, i have only played one game so far but can feel an improvement straight away. 4 fouls from the CPU and 1 yellow card, much better than about 1 every 2 games since the patch. The only difference is that i play with manual shooting. I wasnt going to do assisted passing but it plays well so far.

Thanks again
Old 03-23-2018, 10:21 PM   #13
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Thanks dude.. these sliders are awesome
Old 03-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee1
Thanks for these Galo, i have only played one game so far but can feel an improvement straight away. 4 fouls from the CPU and 1 yellow card, much better than about 1 every 2 games since the patch. The only difference is that i play with manual shooting. I wasnt going to do assisted passing but it plays well so far.

Thanks again
Hi, thanks for the feedback! The only thing that I think absolutely has to be assisted for someone with the same skill level as me playing this set is passing. Through balls, lob passes and crosses might be manual if you want to increase challenge. As for shooting, I personally feel like manual can be as sharp as assisted once you get used to it, I'm actually considering about going back to manual shooting myself, probably will.
Old 05-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #15
Pro

I had the opportunity to watch a professional game from the upper stands of the stadium a few days ago and then went back to FIFA with the help of a fairly zoomed out co-op camera tro try to make the game flow a bit more like the real thing.

One thing that I noticed in my previous settings when I did that was how lines weren't clashing like they should and how teams were still sitting down a little too deep. And the bump in marking has its benefits, but from what I've seen, default is better if the goal is matching real world positioning.

For some reason, the game felt easier with the changes. Maybe it's because it flows more naturally, maybe it's because CPU doesn't like it, maybe it's because I just got better (idk, not even playing the game too much the last few weeks).

So I changed difficulty to Legendary and it actually works pretty well. Which is good, because I was actually finding World Class to be a little too easy.

And yeah, manual shooting is great, much more rewarding than assisted, and not that hard tbh. Changed that as well.

Current set I'm playing with is this:

Difficulty: Legendary
Controller settings: manual shooting, semi crossing, assisted everything else

Sprint Speed: 42
Acceleration: 50
Shot Error: 49
Pass Error: 51
Shot Speed: 50
Pass Speed: 46
Injury Frequency: 57
Goalkeeper Ability: 46
Marking: 50
Run Frequency: 0
Line Height: 61
Line Lenght: 44
Line Width: 51
Fullback Positioning: 50
Power Bar: 50
First Touch: 54

Same values for user and CPU in all sliders.

Camera: Tele Broadcast, Height 19, Zoom 1

I still have no idea of where to set injury severity. It was 20, but this is probably far too high, as I played the first couple of months of a career with the community set some weeks ago and the injuries I was getting were brutal (and their injury severity setting is just 4!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 10

Interesting developments here. I've never bothered looking to the community for slider help because I don't believe one set of sliders can accomodate everyone in any game. But there are certain sliders that speak globally to just regular planet earth physics, and my observations of manic pace and constant forward push of the AI players in 18 have annoyed me when I've been playing PES which is much more tempered.
In FIFA, I've always played on the slowest possible setting and on Pro. Anything above and the game gets even more arcade than it already is and I don't prescribe to the ideology many people have that you don't get realism unless you play on the highest difficulty level in sports games.
I also have my running and sprinting speeds down a few notches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
It's funny, this is one of those sliders you get in sports games, where you have a range of 0 to 100 but the actual range of the slider's control is actually more like 0-5.

Last edited by tinpanalley; 05-02-2018 at 08:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »