Home

FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I've never bothered looking to the community for slider help because I don't believe one set of sliders can accomodate everyone in any game.
This is true and the reason why I always make a set of my own, but the community helps a lot in giving directions.

I agree with what you said about difficulty to some extent. Pro seems to play more realistic than the difficulty levels above in FIFA 18, totally agree with that. But the game as a whole is an overpowered mess and it gets very easy to totally dominate Pro CPU for people who are mildly competent in the game. So in my case, the bump to Legendary is just because otherwise I would see no challenge, not particularly to make it "realistic".

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-02-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #18
Pro

I'm back into playing FIFA 18 a lot and in a serious case of slideritis.

Wasn't really feeling my set. Went back to Matt's and man, that plays so much better... The reason, I guessed: pace and pass speed. At 42 sprint and 46 pass speed, the ball feels soft, there's jogging animation in some players and overall it lacks "bite".

Wasn't too happy with line settings too. Every time I watched a game on TV I was like "man, my line settings are so wrong", lol. But this is a TOUGH thing to adjust, because some settings induce you and the CPU to play in particular ways (like always attacking on the flanks and things like that). The trick is finding a setting that is at the same time realistic compared to real world and which enables every style of play to be effective.

So I copied Matt's sprint speed and pass speed, and readjusted line settings from scratch.

Other changes:

Shot error to 48. Accuracy gets a bit hyped, but this is a way to make shots go a little stronger without having to resort to 51 shot speed (which imo is just too much). Shots and passes hold a bit more power the lower the error sliders are.

Pass error to 50. Kinda whatever. I just had a sequence of boring matches at 51 so I tried changing it to 50 and it worked like magic.

Injuries to "whatever". I can't get injury severity in this game. I saw a post from Liverpoolred with his stats from 380 games @ 3 severity with kinda severe results, then just for the sake of it I left frequency and severity sliders at default to see what happens and actually I ain't seeing nothing too out of the ordinary. So do whatever you wish here, I don't even think these sliders deserve too much thought.

Run frequency to 1. The actual frequency of runs at zero is okay to me, but players stutter too much when they go for it. 1 really seems to be the sweet spot.

First touch to 53. Dribbling is hard in this game (at least for someone as helpless with skill moves as me). Even harder on legendary. A lower FTE helps a bit, especially in tight spaces, as you'll have better balance right after you receive the ball.

Difficulty: Legendary
Half Lenght: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Controller settings: manual shooting, semi crossing, assisted everything else

Sprint Speed: 45
Acceleration: 50
Shot Error: 48
Pass Error: 50
Shot Speed: 50
Pass Speed: 48
Goalkeeper Ability: 46
Marking: 50
Run Frequency: 1
Line Height: 53
Line Lenght: 49
Line Width: 50
Fullback Positioning: 50
Power Bar: 50
First Touch: 53

Also changed my camera to Tele Broadcast, Height 18, Zoom 2

It might be a bit open, but I'm loving this set. Can compete with Legendary on level terms, and it's the longest I played FIFA 18 without thinking if I should change any setting, which is always a great sign.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-05-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #19
Pro

For whoever came to this post because of the "full manual" in the title, it's just a matter of adjusting pass errors to your skill level. I myself would need an user pass error in the 40's and a cpu pass error over 80 to be able to compete with Legendary, but people used to it maybe wouldn't need that much.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:47 PM   #20
Pro

This set is the nuts! I played the entire day with it, lots of friendlies with teams from different leagues and a couple of short tournaments. Very fluid, very balanced, so many great games... Nothing to change. Loving the game now.

I was finally able to definitely solve the very first balancing issue I noticed in FIFA 18, which was the tendency of CPU to miss shots at default shot error. They just weren't able to match my shot accuracy, it didn't matter if my shooting was assisted or not. As I have pointed before, the reduction in shot error seems to have a greater effect for the CPU, even if the user slider is reduced as well. At 48/48, at least on this set, it's all perfectly balanced here, even when I use assisted shooting.

FWIW, I believe the set is fine for manual or semi or any combination of these, or even lower difficulty levels, as long as you're used to play with any other set that doesn't give advantages to user or cpu.

Now I'm happy for real. Besides injuries, if I ever mess with them in the future, the sliders above are my final settings. I'm ready to start my career.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-06-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:43 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador;
[b
Difficulty: Legendary
Half Lenght: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Controller settings: manual shooting, semi crossing, assisted everything else

Sprint Speed: 45
Acceleration: 50
Shot Error: 48
Pass Error: 50
Shot Speed: 50
Pass Speed: 48
Goalkeeper Ability: 46
Marking: 50
Run Frequency: 1
Line Height: 53
Line Lenght: 49
Line Width: 50
Fullback Positioning: 50
Power Bar: 50
First Touch: 53[/b]

Also changed my camera to Tele Broadcast, Height 18, Zoom 2.

Decided to give these a go yesterday with all slider values as shown but on WC, 6 min halves, broadcast camera and semi shooting, all other settings as stated. Played about 10 games in my EPL tournament mode (playing every game, in week 28 currently). Have to say I quite like them. Had a variety of scores and even on 6 min halves it’s not overwhelmingly fast and there are still plenty of runs made and chances created. Going to carry on with these for a while and see if they continue how they have been playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #22
Pro

Glad you like it. I actually went back to assisted shooting, but any setting is fine as long as you feel the challenge is fair.

I'd only be concerned about low scores if playing 6 min halves. But if it works for you, that's great! In my experience, World Class plays a game a bit more open than Legendary, so maybe it isn't too bad at short half lenghts.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-09-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
Glad you like it. I actually went back to assisted shooting, but any setting is fine as long as you feel the challenge is fair.

I'd only be concerned about low scores if playing 6 min halves. But if it works for you, that's great! In my experience, World Class plays a game a bit more open than Legendary, so maybe it isn't too bad at short half lenghts.

I’ve played 20 or so games now and had all possible scores from 0-0 to 3-2. Had a great game today in week 28, Man Utd 2-2 with Chelsea and had a couple of 3-0 too with Liverpool over West Ham and West Brom over Huddersfield. I’ve really enjoyed this set so far. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #24
Pro

Thanks, that's great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »