Home

FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 05-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

I've uploaded a video of me playing as Man Utd using these sliders, simulating the upcoming FA Cup final against Chelsea.

I didn't play my best (as it seems to be the case every time I pick United). It serves as a good visual representation of how the game plays with the latest set though.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-13-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2018, 12:17 AM   #26
Pro

After 16 rounds of my Bundesliga career, finding myself sitting at 2nd place with M'gladbach winning the last four games after struggling in the start of the season, I just realized muscle memory sat in and Legendary became too easy for me. I never thought I'd say that.

Ran some tests playing friendlies with evenly matched teams and the suspicion was confirmed.

Don't get me wrong, the sliders still hold up pretty well. It's just a matter of skill level.

I tried different alternatives to make the game harder:
- Semi passing: hated it, the errors feel totally random (unlike manual, that makes you miss even more but at least you know it's you). Frustrating.
- Broadcast camera: I still dominated possession and chance creation in the game I tried and I didn't like how shot placement becomes guesswork unless if shooting from the near side.
- Giving advantage to the CPU in pass error: small advantage was not enough. Bigger advantage made the game feel strange, like the physics in the CPU passes just weren't right.

At the end, what worked best was giving a couple of points of advantage to CPU in sprint speed. Games got more frantic, but I liked, it makes me feel in danger. And I switched to semi shooting. Shot accuracy if assisted is a bit too much, but this is fine fine tuning, really.

So I changed sprint speed to 45/47 and shot assistance to semi. Everything else remains the same. Not a mandatory change, just a suggestion to everyone everywhere in case the game feels easy and there's no higher difficulty level to climb to.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-20-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:08 PM   #27
Pro

47 CPU sprint speed still hasn't got me there. So I increased it to 48, decreased 1 point in CPU pass error and the challenge looks far more balanced.

And now my set looks more and more like nothing but an adaptation of Matt's - which is a sign that Matt knows what he's doing, lol.

In case you lost track of what is the current set, here it goes.

Difficulty: Legendary
Half Lenght: 10 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Controller settings: All default, except semi shot assistance

Sprint Speed: 45/48
Acceleration: 50/50
Shot Error: 48/48
Pass Error: 50/49
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 48/48
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 46/46
Marking: 50/50
Run Frequency: 1/1
Line Height: 53/53
Line Lenght: 49/49
Line Width: 50/50
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
Power Bar: 50
First Touch: 53/53

Last edited by GaloVingador; 05-31-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:53 AM   #28
Pro

Having settled on the settings above, I decided to restart my career. I was trying to overlook the small number of real stadiums at the Bundesliga, but seeing all those same generic managers on top of this was just too much. I hope the other big leagues get the same attention as the EPL in the future, right now they're kinda lacking.

I decided to go with Arsenal, being a team with which I can realistically hope for a Champions League title, but that's not qualified for it in the first season already.

Then I recorded this video from our game against Milan in the preseason tournament to showcase the new settings.

Maybe you notice that this is a South American tournament but colors are normal, without that ugly greyish filter. If you're on PC, you can add this code to locale.ini on the "Data" folder and all those useless lightning filters that change according to the country of the match will be deactivated, thank me later.

Quote:
[]
FORCE_REGIONALIZATION_COLOR = 0
(don't forget the empty brackets)
Old 05-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloVingador
Having settled on the settings above, I decided to restart my career. I was trying to overlook the small number of real stadiums at the Bundesliga, but seeing all those same generic managers on top of this was just too much. I hope the other big leagues get the same attention as the EPL in the future, right now they're kinda lacking.

I decided to go with Arsenal, being a team with which I can realistically hope for a Champions League title, but that's not qualified for it in the first season already.

Then I recorded this video from our game against Milan in the preseason tournament to showcase the new settings.

Maybe you notice that this is a South American tournament but colors are normal, without that ugly greyish filter. If you're on PC, you can add this code to locale.ini on the "Data" folder and all those useless lightning filters that change according to the country of the match will be deactivated, thank me later.

(don't forget the empty brackets)
Can it work with 15 minute halves?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #30
Pro

With some adjust, I believe so. With the set as posted, scores will probably be too high. You can try higher marking (1 or two ticks up will make a great difference already) and/or higher GK ability (no need to go over 50, IMO).
Old 05-22-2018, 01:43 PM   #31
Pro

[rant]
Still easy. It's a shame to see such a good game broken by incompetent AI. I could remove pass assistance, I know, but it's inexcusable that the highest difficulty level can be dominated so easily by an average player on default settings. Never had this problem in a modern sports game. Who had the brilliant idea of making Ultimate difficulty FUT exclusive?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »