Home

EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

This is a discussion on EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 07-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #25
Pro

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_meredith
So, I've decided to share my roster Work-in-progress, but it's not really easy.

First you need to download NHL View, but the site is down right now. I've uploaded the version I have to google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Fw...ew?usp=sharing

Then you need my roster file, also on Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aHc...ew?usp=sharing

When you run NHL View, click Open, then Pick Manually.

Next, check the Static Database box and open the nhl2007.tdb file.

NOTE: This is not a roster file you can use in your game, yet. There are a lot of steps to making this a usable roster file! Don't try it, it won't work.

If anyone is interested in helping in the making of this roster, let me know! I could use some assistance.

Message me on here and I'll get back to you.
This is a wonderful sounding project! If I have some more free time, I would love to help crack it with you with my Madden and NCAA experience on PSP/PS2!

Maybe more free in a few weeks after my work-life (work-work) balance eases up a bit and I get my 2018 NCAA update done.

I havent followed NHL closely in quite sometime (like 15 years+) but with Seattle on the verge of an NHL team, I must prepare...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
This is a wonderful sounding project! If I have some more free time, I would love to help crack it with you with my Madden and NCAA experience on PSP/PS2!

Maybe more free in a few weeks after my work-life (work-work) balance eases up a bit and I get my 2018 NCAA update done.

I havent followed NHL closely in quite sometime (like 15 years+) but with Seattle on the verge of an NHL team, I must prepare...
I feel the same. I hope to get some time over the summer holidays to put together a tutorial or something to document how I'm doing things. Much like you did in your NCAA thread. It might be useful for folks modding other games. It might also help me to have other eyes looking over what I'm doing. There are probably some things I'm missing.

I did one for a sim hockey league I intermittently run on another forum:

https://pucktheory.com/community/thr...and-roms.1382/

I think I can do the same for this game/thread.

Last edited by ken_meredith; 07-18-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #27
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Dude this is a great project! I just downloaded the PSP emulator and have been playing the base NHL 07. Would love to get the PSP .iso once ready and test this bad boy out.

Just joined a new job though with some heavy hours so I'll be an eager user, but I know the hours it takes to update (still fatigued from my NHL 17 mod to the 1990s).
Old 07-21-2018, 12:39 AM   #28
Rookie

How do you edit msh files?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #29
Just started!

Icon14 Re: EA Sports NHL 07 PSP - A quest for an update

Very interesting project!
I also try to repeat your texture modification process step by step but I don't know how to reinsert the modified texture using Game Graphic Studio (conversion in .tm2 file) then Console texture explorer.

I don't want you lose your time but maybe with some illustrated explanations it should be more convenient.
Is it possible to share your jersey.viv updated file with new uniforms.

Thank you very much by advance and good luck for the next.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:38 PM   #30
Rookie

Using FSHed tool when i change msh file to fsh it opens the file and shows header info
Old 07-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #31
Rookie

I will try to put together a tutorial for the uniforms over summer holidays (which for me is from August 1st until about the 21st) like the one I did for NHL 94. That way I can get help with the graphics parts.

The roster is another story. I'm trying to think of a way to let more than one person edit the .tdb file. I suppose I could make a public folder on Google Drive and let people edit the file. The one worry I have is how to keep track of what changes people do, to avoid repeating teams, etc.

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #32
Rookie

I put together a quick view of the data you need to view/edit the .msh files in NHL 07 using Console Texture Explorer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

There are a lot of numbers, so if something is wrong on this sheet, let me know so I can correct it.

The red areas indicate where I have caused major crashes in editing, so use the utmost caution when editing these.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »