Home

EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

This is a discussion on EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #17
Herman Reign Starts Now

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: EA UFC 3: Teach Me How To Thread: Tips, Strategies, Tutorials

Any tips on ground game?
Steam-ScottM.816
Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM   #18
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Any tips on ground game?
Just like real life, try to relax and get comfortable, hold R2 and get ready to flick the right stick in the direction the guy on top is going. Once you block his transition, you get grapple advantage and your next transition/escape meter moves faster. So if you're intent on getting back up, try block a transition first. Block early enough and you can reverse them.

Playing against anyone decent, if you try to spam get up as soon as you hit the ground, they will block you and drain your stamina. No stamina + on the bottom = bad time.

Last edited by sheehy83; 01-30-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #19
Rookie

In career mode, does anybody know which gyms to go to in order to learn kicks? My character doesn't have any head kicks at all and I would like some but am not sure where to go to in order to learn them.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #20
GLORIA!!!!

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm having a real problem getting ended by strikes on bottom in the full mount. I get that it's the worst position you can possibly be in, but if they throw a bunch of strikes consecutively that I'm blocking I should be getting high GA in order to transition out of it. But what keeps happening is that even with the speed of that transition meter the strikes come down before either the half guard or posture down transition finishes, and I eat 2 or 3 strikes afterward. It doesn't take long to get knocked out when that happens. I want to stress that I'm not getting transition denied here - it's simply their strike breaking my transition attempt.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong (aside from ending up in full mount in the first place), because it can happen early in fights regardless of longterm stamina levels so I'm looking for some help here. I'll throw up a video next time it happens. It's really only a problem online because the CPU doesn't typically spam strikes like a player does.
Old 01-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #21
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm having a real problem getting ended by strikes on bottom in the full mount. I get that it's the worst position you can possibly be in, but if they throw a bunch of strikes consecutively that I'm blocking I should be getting high GA in order to transition out of it. But what keeps happening is that even with the speed of that transition meter the strikes come down before either the half guard or posture down transition finishes, and I eat 2 or 3 strikes afterward. It doesn't take long to get knocked out when that happens. I want to stress that I'm not getting transition denied here - it's simply their strike breaking my transition attempt.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong (aside from ending up in full mount in the first place), because it can happen early in fights regardless of longterm stamina levels so I'm looking for some help here. I'll throw up a video next time it happens. It's really only a problem online because the CPU doesn't typically spam strikes like a player does.
The way i escape full mount is by blocking the first 2 or 3 strikes, then pressing up on right stick to hip bump them back down....then transition. The hip bump is quicker and from there you save yourself from eating hard shots.

Also fake transition one way then transition the other way to get back to half guard
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #22
Rookie

CrazyFooL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Any tips on ground game?
Also use game mode if your TV has one or a low latency monitor. Makes a world of difference for grappling.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:28 PM   #23
Rookie

How in gods name do you enter the clinch?
Old 01-30-2018, 10:43 PM   #24
Rookie

How do I break someone's guard?

In the beta, I had tons of success with jab, jab, jab, hook. I've only played 2 online matches but it hasn't worked once (Rocked them million times). They move back so quick that my 3rd or 4th strike just completely whiffs

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »