Home

Will there be a way to edit stats of my CAFs if I don't use them for online?

This is a discussion on Will there be a way to edit stats of my CAFs if I don't use them for online? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2020, 09:46 AM   #33
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will there be a way to edit stats of my CAFs if I don't use them for online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibboHull
Consider this me adding to the noise.

I dont ever play online, had literally 2 online matches in UFC 3(1-1 come at me online leaderboards) so once I've gone through career mode creating players and doing a universe for me is pretty much the entire scope of my gameplay.

Want to create a fighter with low stats and evolve him over time?

Nope sorry

Want to create a Jiu Jitsu fighter that over time becomes an excellent striker

Nah sorry, one or the other bud.

Want to create a fully stated out fighter to make an unbeatable Ivan Dragoesque challenge for your created fighters to aim at.

Sorry dude, but...but... you can put a tiger face on him thats more important than realism, you have to remember we cant sell stats!!

Youve essentially removed like 25% of the replayability from the game for me, which sucks as someone who has 300+ hours in UFC 3 and probably the same in the first 2.

The presets were already in UFC 3! Why on earth couldn't you change the stat values and moves when they were picked to the values you wanted then give us who wanted to edit these values after that the ability to do so, surely that's the best of both worlds?!

I dont want more archetypes either, full customisation is imperative.
They removed any kind of replayability from a game that had barely any.

The fact they created an MMA game that I, as MMA and video game enthousiast, am not going to buy, is an incredible achievement.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:29 AM   #34
Rookie

Re: Will there be a way to edit stats of my CAFs if I don't use them for online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP

The fact they created an MMA game that I, as MMA and video game enthousiast, am not going to buy, is an incredible achievement.

I gotta say this hits home for me a bit. Lol. I’m a big video game fan and a HUGE MMA fan. And yet my hype for this game is dwindling by the hour it seems. Hard to do, I’m really not hard to please.

I might have created a handful of CAF’s over the years. I generally play online. But when I heard about UFC 4 going to CAF for online, and how they’ll remove attributes in favor of archetypes, I was genuinely excited. I saw how well EA NHL implemented this with perks. But yet, somehow UFC screwed it up. Unreal

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeRNT
Well i dont need them to give me EVERY single tiny thing to edit on my CAF.... ive stated numerous times, which seems to be aligned with what you or EA were going for and thats "spending less time making a CAF" where i said "ok let me change 5 of my top moves, let me decide what they are, or my top 5 attributes while still being under the CAF cap, or my top 5 perks" that isnt customizing everything, thats just a tiny portion, few extra minutes that changes a lot in terms of your decision making.

Also i linked a video with a guy showing all the archetypes and i believe you are talking about "razor" from balanced tab, but again, he has like perks for it, but his stats seem strange, like he has 3 star cardio and 3 star chin which no one will use... why would you pick someone with bad cardio and bad chin.. its the 2 most important stats in the game.... so that archetype is automatically ruined by these random stats, people that dont know better will use them for fun, and wont get good results when running into someone else of equal skill but better archetype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdVDgr7inM

Here is the video with all the stars/archetypes

I feel like its not too much to ask to be able to pick my top 5 striking moves, or ground moves, or something along those lines, the CAF is already capped, and its capped below top rated roster fighters, dont know what more we want for a mode that is not casual friendly, kinda seems to contradict the emphasis of "data" here.
I struggle to talk to you about this because you seem to want to debate me.....and I'm not supporting EA. All I'm doing is telling you what in the game and what their stated reason is for what they do.

If you have other solutions, feel free to state them.

To be honest, I dont want just to be able to pick my top 5 moves. Thats still crazy limiting. I want editing back, period.Thats what im pushing for and what everyone who cares about should be pushing for.

I know no one from EA will engage you on this or any subject but dont direct that frustration at me...I'm just letting you know what they said. I'm not defending them at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
@Aholbert, do you know whether we can finally edit records on our CAF's after four games?

I'm not really hopeful about this one, I can imagine it's extremely challenging to add a feature like that when you only had 8 years.
Lars, come on man.

You know they didnt add that ****. I've been asking for that since UFC 1.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:27 AM   #37
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:

Lars,

Please stand by this.

I swear to god. If I see some of you guys who have sworn they arent going to buy this game, talking about the game as if they bought it....I'm calling yall out.

This is the ultimate test for this site. You guys talk all this **** about stuff you want in the game. You rightfully complain. EA gave you practically nothing.

Now if you lineup and hand them your 60 bucks in a week, you forfeit your right to complain.

You know the game isnt for you. You know they arent trying to sell the game to you. This is where you take a stand.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I struggle to talk to you about this because you seem to want to debate me.....and I'm not supporting EA. All I'm doing is telling you what in the game and what their stated reason is for what they do.

If you have other solutions, feel free to state them.

To be honest, I dont want just to be able to pick my top 5 moves. Thats still crazy limiting. I want editing back, period.Thats what im pushing for and what everyone who cares about should be pushing for.

I know no one from EA will engage you on this or any subject but dont direct that frustration at me...I'm just letting you know what they said. I'm not defending them at all.
?? i wasnt directing anything towards you, i even stated that what you said and what ive been saying seems to align about more customization, its no secret what ive been QQuing about on forums, and its been very consistent and i was one of the first to do it that isnt a GCer.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You, me and people who are on OS or Sherdog dont matter as much as others when it comes to who they are trying to sell the game to. But you can be vocal and if you are vocal enough they will consider a change. I know that from experience.

They were not thinking of someone like me when they made this decision. They werent thinking of the guy who wants to make a super accurate Geoff Neal or even a Fedor.

This was designed for the guy who really only cares about how his fighter looks and doesnt want to spend time editing every stat/move/perk.

Now I know the running joke here is "but the data says this" but this is a case where it does. EA knows how long the average person spent creating CAFs in UFC 3. They know how long they spend in the moves, stats and perk section. According to that data, a person like me who likes super accurate stats is rare.

So in order to encourage people to create more CAFS and for balance reasons, they took this approach. I'll admit, it does cut the amount of time that you have to spend when creating a CAF.

My issue isnt even that they added the archetypes. My issue is that they didnt need to remove the editing for offline players to do this.

Its this all or nothing pattern with EA in all of their games. They couldve left in the option to edit stats but they were short sighted and only concerned with a quick way for people to create CAFs.

Also, there are different versions of archetypes within the categories. I dont know if there is a Judo one (there probably is) but I heard people complain about no Muay Thai one and there is one in the kickboxer archetype.
This.

I actually feel somewhat responsible because I know for a fact I mentioned I'd love a bunch of preset templates that I dont need to spend a ton of time stressing over stats. I want to create 22 CAFs, drop them into my universe and keep it moving...most of the time.

But also...I want Fedor. And Brock Lesnar. And many others.

I dont understand why it often feels like to get one feature we end up sacrificing something that we already enjoy having. I wanted the templates but I didn't ask to get rid of the detail.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
This.

I actually feel somewhat responsible because I know for a fact I mentioned I'd love a bunch of preset templates that I dont need to spend a ton of time stressing over stats. I want to create 22 CAFs, drop them into my universe and keep it moving...most of the time.

But also...I want Fedor. And Brock Lesnar. And many others.

I dont understand why it often feels like to get one feature we end up sacrificing something that we already enjoy having. I wanted the templates but I didn't ask to get rid of the detail.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Whats funny is a variation (admittedly a much more aggressive version) of that statement is what I got warned about.

The goal of a sports video game series should be to build on it. I play NBA 2k a ton and one thing I can say is that for the most part, I dont have to worry about them removing stuff that is fine just because they want to add something new.

The goal should be options. I'm cool if people want to be able to speed through CAF. Give them that option.

But dont take away the option to edit everything. Let us both be happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »