Home

EA better start working on a simulation mode!

This is a discussion on EA better start working on a simulation mode! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2021, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA better start working on a simulation mode!

Why are there still so many knock downs in matches? Why doesn’t the new or 2nd Gameplay Developer interact with people on this forum? Esports Boxing Club is going to be so much more realistic. Why can’t EA make a simulation mode? Why has this never been done? EA should do this before Esports Boxing Club comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA better start working on a simulation mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcelts
Why are there still so many knock downs in matches? Why doesn’t the new or 2nd Gameplay Developer interact with people on this forum? Esports Boxing Club is going to be so much more realistic. Why can’t EA make a simulation mode? Why has this never been done? EA should do this before Esports Boxing Club comes out.
I'm super excited about ESBC but it will have ZERO effect on how EA designs its games. If anything, if ESBC is a success, EA will attempt to buy the franchise and make it into a new Fight Night.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm super excited about ESBC but it will have ZERO effect on how EA designs its games. If anything, if ESBC is a success, EA will attempt to buy the franchise and make it into a new Fight Night.
Damn, that's not what I expected. I thought if ESBC did well it would force ea into making the UFC games better. I didnt consider they would buy them and make it into a new fn, seems obvious in hindsight now tho.

I can only hope if that does happen they keep their approach similar. It seems a lot of great ideas they are using like the adrenaline system came from feedback on the UFC games (idk if the adrenaline system predates that, first time I saw it it was here by a gc). If those things do well maybe they could make their way to the ufc games.

The least they could do is make sim/arcade toggles, would appease many complaints.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
They already did try and they got turned down. The ESBC devs commented on it.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:55 PM   #5
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I'm super excited for ESBC but its WAY too early to claim they are nailing it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2021, 07:44 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granbyroll
They already did try and they got turned down. The ESBC devs commented on it.
That doesnt mean much though. I seriously doubt EA offered big money for a title that is in Alpha. If anything EA made an offer to keep them off the market.

If the game becomes a success (and I hope it is), I expect a number of companies to step up and try to acquire it. EA has one of the biggest pockets and would likely offer alot. I seriously doubt that the devs of ESBC are so committed to "simulation boxing" and independence that they would turn down a huge offer.

To the OP's point, even if they turned EA down, EA's next move wouldnt be to make UFC or a potential Fight Night more sim. They likely would just pour a ton of money into making a boxing game that appeals to casuals and a roster with bigger names (They already have Fury and Joshua signed). ****, we dont even know if the boxers signed to ESBC are exclusive so they could license their likenesses to EA too.

This isnt an "or" situation. ESBC could be great and be a sim fans dream but that wont make EA change their approach. Alot of us are going to play and like ESBC and still buy UFC 5 even if it still appeals to casuals.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
That doesnt mean much though. I seriously doubt EA offered big money for a title that is in Alpha. If anything EA made an offer to keep them off the market.

If the game becomes a success (and I hope it is), I expect a number of companies to step up and try to acquire it. EA has one of the biggest pockets and would likely offer alot. I seriously doubt that the devs of ESBC are so committed to "simulation boxing" and independence that they would turn down a huge offer.

To the OP's point, even if they turned EA down, EA's next move wouldnt be to make UFC or a potential Fight Night more sim. They likely would just pour a ton of money into making a boxing game that appeals to casuals and a roster with bigger names (They already have Fury and Joshua signed). ****, we dont even know if the boxers signed to ESBC are exclusive so they could license their likenesses to EA too.

This isnt an "or" situation. ESBC could be great and be a sim fans dream but that wont make EA change their approach. Alot of us are going to play and like ESBC and still buy UFC 5 even if it still appeals to casuals.
Does that mean a sim mode likely won’t happen for UFC 5? It seems like a sim approach across the board won’t ever happen, but what’s wrong with a sim toggle (or at least a sim preset for sliders for quick fight)?
Old 04-04-2021, 09:13 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Does that mean a sim mode likely won’t happen for UFC 5? It seems like a sim approach across the board won’t ever happen, but what’s wrong with a sim toggle (or at least a sim preset for sliders for quick fight)?
I have no idea what is going to happen with UFC 5 just like I had no idea about the plans for UFC 4 until a few months before.

In the past, I've heard them kick around the idea for sliders for quick fights so thats possible one day but as we all know, the focus of this series isnt to authentically simulate MMA in the way that people here want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »