Home

UNF Ospreys Football: The Newest Addition to the Sunshine State

This is a discussion on UNF Ospreys Football: The Newest Addition to the Sunshine State within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: UNF Ospreys Football: The Newest Edition to the Sunshine State

Name: Ryan Malloy
Position: HB
Year: FR
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 213 lbs.
High School: Mamaroneck, NY
Appearance: Any face model with blonde hair will do. Stocky build
Strengths: Trucking, Strength, Break Tackle
Weaknesses: Speed, Catching
Caliber (4*, 5*, etc): 3*
Backstory: A small town kid trying to make it into a big name school
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2016, 01:22 AM   #26
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: UNF Ospreys Football: The Newest Addition to the Sunshine State

I love a good team builder startup program. I'll give this a follow in part due to the shoutout to me lol. Love the team name BTW, very unique

Major Boise State fan
Old 02-09-2016, 07:43 AM   #27
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

Name: William Berry
Position: QB
Year: Freshman
Height: 6'6
Weight: 240
High School: Odessa High
Appearance: Dark skin, Buzz-cut, Tight sleeves, Long TC sleeves on both arms, QB wrist on left and Nike glove on the right.
Strengths: Throw Power, Strength, Agility, Speed, Acceleration
Weaknesses: Throw Accuracy, Awareness
Caliber (4*, 5*, etc): 4*
Backstory: William Berry is a big and physical athlete from Odessa, Texas. He played basketball throughout Junior High and his freshman and sophomore year in high school. After observing him during a game, the head football coach asked him to try out for the team. Berry made it and exploded onto the scene in his junior year, setting records for most rushing yards and most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback. After hearing criticism about his throwing ability, Berry spent all summer working on his passing mechanics and is ready to show that he can be a dangerous passer as well.

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 02-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #28
All Star

beast10's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I love a good team builder startup program. I'll give this a follow in part due to the shoutout to me lol. Love the team name BTW, very unique
Thanks for checking it out. I know I haven't commented on your dynasty but ive been following it pretty much since the beginning. And yes, I love the name especially how it correlates with ucf and usf
Old 02-09-2016, 10:45 PM   #29
All Star

beast10's Arena

ROSTER | SCHEDULE | STATS | ARCHIVES

MORE HEADLINES

2016 Opponents

The Dream is Almost Here

David Frank Athletic Center Officially Open

UNF Football Signings

Time Will Tell

UNF Receives First Ever Commitment

Construction Continues On UNF Venues

UNF Announces Stadium Deal

UNF Holds Tryouts

Signing Day Explanation

May. 25, 2016
Commentary: Brian Jenkins

Commentary: Brian Jenkins
JACKSONVILLE, Fla — It’s a question that’s probably had you stumped since National Signing Day back in February. Why did three of UNF’s top recruits sign on as preferred walk-ons? There’s an easy, yet unfortunate cure to your curiosity.

QB Caleb Poinsette and RB Antoine Bowers were our highest rated recruits at No. 1 and 2. Slide to the fourth slot and Myles Flanagan appears. What do all three of these preferred walk-ons have in common? Far proximities: to be specific, a range of 500 to 3,000 miles out from our Jacksonville territory. Until late January, we had little-to-no knowledge of these three young men due to their distance from campus.

Poinsette (Hillsboro, OR), Bowers (Sevierville, TN), and Flanagan (Green Bay, WI) knew about North Florida, however.

“UNF,” Poinsette announced during his commitment conference. “The minute I read about those guys I was hooked. Unfortunately, it was an inconvenient time, but nevertheless I’m going to be happy when I get there this fall— scholarship or not.”

It was a moment of mixed emotions when my staff and I heard Caleb Poinsette elaborate on his criticized decision to attend our UNF campus this fall. On one hand, we’d landed possibly our quarterback of the future, then on the other hand this determined, poised athlete had just said in front of his family and friends that he was walking-on at a startup football program 3,000 miles away from home.

We would’ve offered him, Bowers and Flanagan the very first week of recruiting if we had the luxury of recruiting pipelines throughout the country. Unfortunately, we haven’t reached that stage. We’d done much of our recruiting either in-state or regional. Due to this, all 25 of our NCAA regulated scholarships had already been distributed without second thought. Surely it would’ve been inconsiderate to pull offers just days prior to National Signing Day.

We figured amongst the office that we’d simply missed out on the trio of talent, yet in the midst of the 20 other commitments we received on the day, we got word that these three would indeed be attending UNF, taking the path less traveled as walk-ons.

Poinsette, Bowers, and Flanagan were borderline FCS-FBS prospects. They’d each been offered by multiple Division-1 AA schools but had yet to receive a scholarship from the FBS division despite being on numerous radars throughout their senior seasons, according to recruiting sources.

That being said, no matter what you think of their decisions, this was an act that took a lot of character. We’ve reeled in three young men that really want to play for our program, and that isn’t always true for school’s recruits.

This is for sure; Caleb Poinsette, Antoine Bowers and Myles Flanagan will be scholarship athletes at UNF as soon as possible.

Last edited by beast10; 02-10-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49 AM   #30
All Star

beast10's Arena

ROSTER | SCHEDULE | STATS | ARCHIVES

MORE HEADLINES

Signing Day Explanation

2016 Opponents

The Dream is Almost Here

David Frank Athletic Center Officially Open

UNF Football Signings

Time Will Tell

UNF Receives First Ever Commitment

Construction Continues On UNF Venues

UNF Announces Stadium Deal

UNF Unveils Football Uniforms for Inaugural NCAA Season

Jul. 21, 2016

Junior SS Keenan Lever
JACKSONVILLE, Fla — UNF’s upcoming inaugural football season has been the talk on campus for quite some time now. The program, today, brought upon more anticipation as the team’s uniform for the historic season were released to the public.

“I had kids coming to me everyday ask when the uniforms would be released,” said Brian Jenkins, UNF Head Coach and Director of Football Operations. “Well here it is.”

Jenkins will coach UNF football in its first-ever NCAA game against Texas A&M at Kyle Field on September 13th, and the new look will be on display.

The new uniforms are manufactured by Nike, who also provides for the UNF basketball, soccer, and baseball programs. The football team will get the same top-notch quality of Nike apparel as they embark on their inaugural season.

The home uniforms are navy blue with “OSPREYS” print on the chest. Unlike most uniforms, the shoulder area on UNF’s uniform draws contrasts as its filled entirely gray. Names are left out on the jersey’s back but on the side of each helmet are players’ individual numbers, similar to Nike’s Alabama uniforms. Overall, the home look focuses on navy and gray.

“I like them,” said Brandon McNamara, who models as #1. “Deion (Sanders) said it right, you look good you play good.”

The road uniforms are much of a flip-reversal of the home, as usual. There is a large, ”UNF” text placed at center while the shoulder takes on the navy look to cover the upper portion of the white jersey. Though it isn’t pictured, UNF will have at their disposal an alternative set of navy pants that are complimented with a white stripe at its side. These will likely be used mostly on the road.

“They’re our first ever uniforms,” said Jenkins. “These have set a vibe for many of our players. We’ll have a lot of true freshman wearing these jerseys on the field this season, we want them to take pride in their uniforms and the letters across their chests.”

Last edited by beast10; 02-12-2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 01:04 AM   #31
All Star

beast10's Arena

well I think that's about it for year one. I'll move into our first season tomorrow where I'll probably post some camp reports as well as the roster. edit: and btw sorry if you found these boring because there wasn't much in-game action. Just me, I'm usually more into the off-season so this was all pretty fun to write, although I can't wait to play the first game. Also, as you can see, layouts will progressively get better as I begin to see flaws. I might try and test with HTML in this as well, I was quite proud that I made the sidebar successfully lol

Last edited by beast10; 02-10-2016 at 01:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2016, 02:45 AM   #32
MVP

whughes's Arena

I hate it when someone takes my idea and does it better than me. Haha, I'm kidding. This looks good, I'll follow along. Hopefully you don't get thumped as badly as I did in my first game.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »