Home

Polling OS Golf Faithful

This is a discussion on Polling OS Golf Faithful within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy (support)?
Absolutely!! I would contribute to the development as well! 3 30.00%
Yes, but I would wait to see gameplay before I supported it. 6 60.00%
Maybe, but I would have to try it out first before buying. 1 10.00%
No, The Golf Club is sufficient for me. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #1
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Polling OS Golf Faithful - Golf Video Games

As a passionate golfer, and a gamer I have continuously felt unsatisfied by the options we have to play the game of golf on PS4 and Xbox. It has been nearly 5 years since EA disbanded their golf franchise, and although The Golf Club is a welcome addition to the market, it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of accessibility and pick up and play fun. In fact, it even struggles with key sim elements that make the game a frustrating play more often than not.

Then there is Everybody's Golf, which has it's strengths but lacks the immersion that some of us look for in video games. Especially ones centered around our favorite sport.

In the past, I have read a lot on this very board, comments with similar frustrations with hopes that the Tiger Woods franchise would make a return to your favorite gaming platform. I mean I think we can all relate to being in the house on a rainy weekend and teeing up TW05 with a couple of buddies lol And even today, on days I can't golf there isn't an option out there that feels good just to pick up and play for a quick 9.

So with that being said, I ask you, if a new game hit the market with the accessibility of the Tiger Woods franchise, but possessed some of the sim elements of The Golf Club would you buy? Would you support the development of such a game? What elements would you want to see incorporated? Looking forward to see the feedback here.

Spoiler

Last edited by JODYE; 04-23-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Polling OS Golf Faithful

The love child between TGC3 and Rory golf would be the most ideal. Licensed golfers/courses/equipment with Rory's graphics, TGC3's mechanics. A little deeper season mode. The deeper they could get, the better.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I wish EA would try again.

It’s going to be hard for anyone to visually compete with what EA is able to do and license, etc
Old 04-24-2019, 02:40 AM   #4
Rookie

binga30's Arena

The only thing I hated with Rory was most golfers had the same build and swing type, every other aspect was fine for me. Seems like EA pulls the pin on something once they get behind in the race, or like Madden, buy the exclusive rights to a sport.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:05 AM   #5
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
I wish EA would try again.

It’s going to be hard for anyone to visually compete with what EA is able to do and license, etc
You would be surprised, especially with the accessibility of game engines these days. I think the one of the bigger challenges is course design, but there are ways around that.

Is there anything in particular that EA did that would interest if another game attempted it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 AM   #6
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by binga30
The only thing I hated with Rory was most golfers had the same build and swing type, every other aspect was fine for me. Seems like EA pulls the pin on something once they get behind in the race, or like Madden, buy the exclusive rights to a sport.
So a little more detail surrounding player animation to differentiate players is something that is important to you?

What about from a presentation perspective? Is that something that that holds a lot of weight to you as well?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:07 AM   #7
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKiiing
The love child between TGC3 and Rory golf would be the most ideal. Licensed golfers/courses/equipment with Rory's graphics, TGC3's mechanics. A little deeper season mode. The deeper they could get, the better.
Is there anything about the TGC3's mechanics that you would change or improve? Are there mechanics that existed in the EA series that you wish would come back?

Old 04-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #8
Rookie

binga30's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
So a little more detail surrounding player animation to differentiate players is something that is important to you?

What about from a presentation perspective? Is that something that that holds a lot of weight to you as well?
I was happy with presentation in TW14, I still play it now and have no issues. TGC wins for presentation now but overall it's the gameplay that keeps me coming back to the Tiger series. I think too many games today focus on presentation too much. I'm might be the minority but I'm still gaming in 1080p and the visual upgrades now are not what we got for example from PS2 to PS3.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »