Home

Playmakers Madden 23 Pro Level (Classic Passing) User vs CPU & CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 23 Pro Level (Classic Passing) User vs CPU & CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2022, 05:21 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers Madden 23 Pro Level (Classic Passing) User vs CPU & CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStunnr316
It feels like this update has pretty much completely broken the cpu vs cpu slider set.

Sacks/QB Pressure has reared it's ugly head again, but most importantly and awfully of all the INT's seem out of control rn. The beautiful thing about this set pre patch I felt at least, is that whilst the INT's were still crazy on EA's end, you wouldn't see it translate to the games nearly as much on this set because the separation was there. Picks and great PBU's would still occur but it happened at a much more realistic and fun to watch level.

It seems as though they're out of control rn as I'm seeing picks on almost every other drives and offenses struggling immensely to do much of anything. What's the best way to rectify this? Just plummet the pass d reaction, pass coverage, and pick slider? Any other tips/ideas?

I totally agree with this statement. It’s really unplayable at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 06:54 PM   #402
Rookie

Re: Playmakers Madden 23 Pro Level (Classic Passing) User vs CPU & CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1

I've just been lurking for awhile, but I have to log in and dispute this. The only "problem" I am seeing since the patch is a slight uptick in passing yards, and slightly FEWER sacks.
Stuck at home with a broken leg, and I have run several games since the patch. The gameplay is still excellent for CPU vs. CPU.

I do use fully custom playbooks on both sides of the ball, and tested schemes before starting my franchise. Some thought and planning in these areas help significantly improve the game.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:19 PM   #403
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1

Yea, same here. Last night i finally got my franchise going and played the first game. The first play was a interception n next a 60 yard td from my team. I use cpu v cpu to clarify. After that it did seem to settle down for a lil bit until another interception. After that in that drive after the interception another pick happened. it was late when i was chillin watchin my cpu vs cpu n once i saw that i had enough n called it a day. So yea that has been my experience so far, i know in time this will get figured out, its just frustrating that we keep going threw the same problem.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #404
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
I've just been lurking for awhile, but I have to log in and dispute this. The only "problem" I am seeing since the patch is a slight uptick in passing yards, and slightly FEWER sacks.
Stuck at home with a broken leg, and I have run several games since the patch. The gameplay is still excellent for CPU vs. CPU.

I do use fully custom playbooks on both sides of the ball, and tested schemes before starting my franchise. Some thought and planning in these areas help significantly improve the game.
Thanks for the feedback

Seems like the sliders have caused some inconsistency amongst the users since the patch.

One thing I would recommend before any changes is to back out of franchise mode. Go to main menu set the sliders and then reload them again in franchise

See if that refresh gets the sliders back to pre-patch gameplay.

I personally do this anyway after each weeks games

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #405
Rookie

MrStunnr316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven

Whilst I do understand those type of changes can make things alot better, my main gripe with this is from an online league standpoint. That's my main time playing this game, we have a full 32 man cfm that's cpu vs cpu, and after almost a full season of great gameplay, right when our playoffs begin this patch drops and totally rocks our world.

Most of our games post patch were having 10+ sacks, 5+ picks, on a couple occasions by halftime, it's just unplayable and not sustainable. Pre patch, we had fluid gameplay, offenses moving the ball, just overall some of the best cpu vs cpu gameplay I've seen, once it dropped it's like the world went upside down on it all and it's literally not playable in it's current state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2022, 09:54 PM   #406
MVP

prey2god's Arena

I’m getting excellent results using the original set (version 1) with 0 int set for both user and cpu. CPU still getting lots of int but I’m liking the gameplay.
Old 09-10-2022, 02:02 AM   #407
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Ditto for this thread as well

I'll try to test things out tomorrow evening.

Really don't understand how tunings or patches every year in Madden seems to be for the worse after you spend weeks and days on Sliders.

Just what a game I can just pick up and play like I do with NBA 2K

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-10-2022, 07:24 AM   #408
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

In cpu vs cpu, I’m finding myself really getting into the GM state of mind. I’m paying attention to all positions and making mental notes of what needs to be better.

It’s just easier to do than calling and running the plays. I’m loving it!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »