Home

Remember to close out the application when you are done playing on EA Access

This is a discussion on Remember to close out the application when you are done playing on EA Access within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #25
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Remember to close out the application when you are done playing on EA Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed1417
When does it go live for the 6 hour play time anyway?

Reed is comin' atcha!!
Some time thursday we would assume, as that is the 5 day mark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #26
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Remember to close out the application when you are done playing on EA Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Some time thursday we would assume, as that is the 5 day mark.

Oh alright cool cool. That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure my days were right haha. They all seem to blend together now.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

Reed's WWE 2k19 Universe: The Re-Write Continued
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049554518
Old 08-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #27
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I know the feeling.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #28
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
If you were only interested in early access to Madden but where unclear on the limitations why did you not just wait to sub or do it by the month? Don't blame poor consumer choices and rash purchases on EA. I am not saying EA wasn't intentinally vague but consumers have some of the responsibility as well.
Not for nothing, but I also had (and still have) Season Ticket for 360 because it doesn't run out until next month. It was 20 bucks, 3 days early, and full access (with a few features, basically UT blocked). I only knew about the fact that they would limit some games to 6 hours from coming on here. Even on the actual app on Xbox One under member benefits they don't even mention it's limited at all. You have to understand, a lot of gamers and people in general, don't think people or companies are out to trick them. Or like in my case, we figure that the 6 hr limitation would be reserved for non-sports games that you can actually beat.

Personally, I'm annoyed with the limited access, but the vault is perfect for me because I have two consoles and can access this service on both and play FIFA, Madden 25, and Battlefield with my son. So basically it's 15 bucks per console, per year. I assume everyone, as a whole just wish EA would have been upfront with this information and that's why so many are upset. You have to understand, no one likes feeling like they were tricked, mislead, lied to, etc. This is nothing personal towards you at all, it's just my response to everyone with a post that's basically calling people out who are upset and who purchased this service. It's really just unfortunate that we gave "the benefit of the doubt" to them and they give us what feels like a "raw deal". A lot of folks were all-in just for 5 days early of Madden, I'm lucky that I actually enjoy the Vault games. Plus, I sold the Vault games I already owned and it was more than the yearly price of the service, so basically it's free. Still, I feel the way they marketed this was wrong.

Here is a screen shot from my TV, on my XBOX ONE, on my EA ACCESS account. This states what our "member benefits" are. On last paragraph with the header "Play First" it says nothing about limitations.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:12 PM   #29
Rookie

I wonder how time is tracked. Is it sent to EA over the web or is it local? What would stop someone from re-downloading the trial after it's over or just unplugging the Internet

Go Blue - Go Cavs - Go Tribe - Go Steelers

360 GT: tharooseisloose
Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #30
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceme
I wonder how time is tracked. Is it sent to EA over the web or is it local? What would stop someone from re-downloading the trial after it's over or just unplugging the Internet
Probably all governed by the EA Access app, just like Season Ticket gated past gen downloads. App not there or enabled and the trial probably won't start. Either requiring online connectivity and/or the app just keeps track locally.

Going to say this with the hopes of being wrong - the ways you're thinking of trying to cheat it have probably already been considered and countered, and then some.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

As sneaky as EA is. I doubt they would over look something like that where people could just disconnect their consoles from the internet and keep playing. ..

You probably can't play it unless your connected to the internet. No that I think about. Surprise I didn't think about it before. Are we able to play the vault games with out being connected to the internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #32
MVP

If the game allows you to play while you download make sure you download/install the whole thing before you start playing, unless you want to burn your 6 hours playing the default matchup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »