Home

fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet?

This is a discussion on fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #17
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: fix for sacks? anyone found 1 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Are you certain of this.

The more I tested sliders the more I found unintended consequences.

I'm apprehensive to start messing with things again but if its simply reversed and nothing more I might revisit that slider.
yea i agree...

i did find rushins findings very interesting tho....and i like them alot

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-23-2014, 12:04 AM   #18
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Are you certain of this.

The more I tested sliders the more I found unintended consequences.

I'm apprehensive to start messing with things again but if its simply reversed and nothing more I might revisit that slider.
99.9% positive. Put CPU defense at 99 pass coverage and 1 pass reaction then reverse it. Or just do 99-1 and 99-99 and you will see the differences.

I'm still toying with coverage sliders but I've been on all madden with CPU having 2 pass reaction and 80 pass coverage. Trying to find realistic sweet spot while keeping CPU tough but not unbeatable.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I cannot stress this enough. The sliders don't work as advertised. There are a number of unintended consequences when you fiddle with them.

This game would be leaps and bounds better if the sliders worked accordingly.

Its something so simple....been in the game for years, but for whatever reason the last 3 years sliders have had issue.

...and they refuse to acknowledge anything slider related.
You misunderstood me. There is a difference between unintended and unforeseen. If one were to lower the pass coverage slider to compensate for times where the QB holds the ball for too long, it would have the effect of your team not being able to cover worth a damn. So in that sense the sliders work as advertised.

Now there are areas where the sliders don't work as advertised, but that is perhaps not relevant to this topic.

And for what it is worth, Clint Oldenberg has acknowledged the slider issue on twitter. He even told me that he may (I need to emphasize this, he did not promise me) write a blog or something detailing what each slider currently does and how it impacts gameplay. This would be very helpful. Tomorrow I may pester him again about it. I am also thinking of devious ways that I could "trick" him into giving me a patch update
Old 09-23-2014, 01:05 AM   #20
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
The NFL average for 2013 was a total of 5 sacks per game. My slider set produces 6 sacks per game, slightly higher, but workable. I wouldn't agree that the game is broken...just inaccurate. I'm having a blast now that I found a slider set that works.....only took a month lol
you've also stated that you don't play defense,so how would any of this factor in to those of us that do play defense?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-23-2014, 02:42 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm playing with mostly default sliders all pro, I don't touch anything on the CPU end except fumble which is 40. No changes to user defensive sliders (though I do adjust my offense a bit). The only main adjustment I've done is to turn speed threshold up to 55. NO penalty adjustment at all, I've found this very important. No I don't get many penalties, maybe one or two a game, but if you mess with these too much it borks the game.

I vary my coverage a lot. I think a lot of guys just play cover 3 or 4 the whole game and cover 2 in the redzone, wait until the CPU gets in third and long and it's an automatic sack. I try to play about 50% man, this gives the CPU a chance to throw it around the field a bit (also gets me more INT's). There's still games where I'll get 6-7 sacks, but the games that I don't get that many make up for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
The NFL average for 2013 was a total of 5 sacks per game. My slider set produces 6 sacks per game, slightly higher, but workable. I wouldn't agree that the game is broken...just inaccurate. I'm having a blast now that I found a slider set that works.....only took a month lol
I'm not clear from your post if you mean 6 sacks for both sides, or 6 sacks just on the AI QB?

Just to clarify that the NFL average per game is indeed 5 sacks a game, but that's in total for both sides.

In 2013 the average sacks per team per game was 2.5.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/2013/opp.htm

So if you're getting 6 sacks on the AI CPU only then that's way too much. That works out at 96 a season (the 1984 Bears hold the record with 72 FWIW).

If on the other hand your slider set is produding 6 sacks for both sides in total then that would be pretty good.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've found that setting the RTK penalty slider high affects your defenders angles when blitzing and stops as many sacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #24
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
I'm not clear from your post if you mean 6 sacks for both sides, or 6 sacks just on the AI QB?

Just to clarify that the NFL average per game is indeed 5 sacks a game, but that's in total for both sides.

In 2013 the average sacks per team per game was 2.5.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/2013/opp.htm

So if you're getting 6 sacks on the AI CPU only then that's way too much. That works out at 96 a season (the 1984 Bears hold the record with 72 FWIW).

If on the other hand your slider set is produding 6 sacks for both sides in total then that would be pretty good.

I'm getting 6 sacks overall. Four for human and 2 for CPU.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »