Home

Madden 18 and HDR

This is a discussion on Madden 18 and HDR within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 PM   #17
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 and HDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I don't think it was his camera. In the other thread on page 1, there was another picture post with the same green field. I think the picture thread looks like that because their photos aren't grabbed by their phone camera, but from screen capture (meaning it doesn't matter what setting the TV is on).
I would think direct screen capture would be most accurate. Also, all the EA Sports pics dont even look like that, including Heinz field.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 PM   #18
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
I would think direct screen capture would be most accurate. Also, all the EA Sports pics dont even look like that, including Heinz field.
Yeah I think that unless the TV itself can do a screen capture, you won't reproduce the calibration settings used. Outside of that, the screenshot (with camera) gives a general idea. I'm not sure if I am explaining myself clearly.. But nba 2k18 has great hdr for me.

I hope to see the settings that he used because I have the same TV and Madden looks terrible.

Last edited by UtahUtes32; 09-14-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:43 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
You cant take a exact screen capture and share it via PS4 Share. It doesn't do a HDR image it tells u that it will change the display that when u share it. At the EA Play events they weren't even running on 4ktvs either standard 1080P. Note Im using PS4 Pro

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-14-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #20
MVP

timmg's Arena

I have the KS8500 pro & S....and i could b wrong, but i think the Pro & S handle HDR different, the Pro looks better, i spent sum time flipping back & forth trying to get the S to look as good as the Pro....seems like the XB1 S has kinda cloudy look. Again i could b wrong, but 2k is the same way for me, Pro jus look better. Maybe my settings r off idk, S isn't true 4k
Old 09-14-2017, 06:50 PM   #21
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
Yeah I think that unless the TV itself can do a screen capture, you won't reproduce the calibration settings used. Outside of that, the screenshot (with camera) gives a general idea. I'm not sure if I am explaining myself clearly.. But nba 2k18 has great hdr for me.

I hope to see the settings that he used because I have the same TV and Madden looks terrible.
I understand you man. Youre right, the Xbox or PlayStation screenshots don't reflect HDR at the very least. Like somebody else just posted. Its probably bc he is on PS4 Pro and the game is native 4k on that system, and maybe the HDR is better implemented too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Quote:
I understand you man. Youre right, the Xbox or PlayStation screenshots don't reflect HDR at the very least. Like somebody else just posted. Its probably bc he is on PS4 Pro and the game is native 4k on that system, and maybe the HDR is better implemented too.
Yeah I am on xbox one s, I just don't know if I can get myself to spend $50 for the game on PS4 pro...
Old 09-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #23
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

[quote=pimpycraig;2049010958]Yeah I am on xbox one s, I just don't know if I can get myself to spend $50 for the game

I have to say i was not impressed with the S version compared to the Pro version. I don't even play it on the S. Waiting till the Xbox one X comes out day one. I'm actually trading in my S this weekend to put more money down toward my preorder.

Playing:
Old 09-14-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

Yeah I am looking forward to the X also. I have the scorpio edition preordered. Are you running standard hdr picture settings on your 850c or did you adjust them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »