Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's seems like it just too expensive(from the perspective of the company) to add all the extra animations that would make failure visually more appealing and less blatantly "dice rolly".
I think it's even deeper than that.

I don't think the product's math is deep enough to account for why an individual move or interaction is successful during any given play, just that it either is or isn't.

The Math has to be there for those animations to exist, and the product has never proved it "thinks" on a level that deep.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #90
Banned

It's pretty telling that sim gamers have craved formation subs, when that is absolutely the least sim way to generate carries by back-up RBs. But it generates the stats sim guys want. But gone is the actual strategy involved in when to switch backs based on whats actually happening. Same goes for every other position.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
It's pretty telling that sim gamers have craved formation subs, when that is absolutely the least sim way to generate carries by back-up RBs. But it generates the stats sim guys want. But gone is the actual strategy involved in when to switch backs based on whats actually happening. Same goes for every other position.
I've always felt the best way to do that would be to have the depth chart available from the playcall screen so that you can universally sub a guy in to the game without having to pause and go to another menu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #92
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
This is inaccurate.

In the 07 product, the DB's would fail often. They would stumble, they would miss after an attempted swat, and often times the talented quarterback would simply throw into windows that were not defendable.

Being aware of these things allows one to understand why the EA product continues to fail in this regard, and 10 years later the excuses are honestly getting incredibly stale.

To be fair, they had two years away from the game and used that to polish their product. APF 2k8 is leaps and bounds better than 2k5.

Does Madden need that time for their polish? Absolutely. Will they get that time? Absolutely not. It’s an agreement in their contract to have yearly installments with no exceptions.
Old 12-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #93
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I've always felt the best way to do that would be to have the depth chart available from the playcall screen so that you can universally sub a guy in to the game without having to pause and go to another menu
If you're trying to split carries between RB's all you have to do is adjust the coaching slider for when you sub out players based off of their fatigue.

Whoever is using formation subs to get a backup RB carries doesn't understand their purpose.

I might not want my 250 LB Power back in my spread formations because his agility and catching attributes are not desirable. With a formation sub I can put the correct personnel in without having to manually substitute the player in.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:21 AM   #94
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Thought I could tolerate the rubber banding in this game, I was wrong.

Made a CFM with a QB with the Cowboys. Worked his accuracy stats into the mid 90s and overtook Dak Prescott, took the team to the NFC Championship game. Great game for three quarters and then something happens.

Mind you, while I do have adjusted sliders (accuracy is in the 20s), my stats are good enough to where it counters the low accuracy on a consistent basis. I throw about 60-70% a game with hardly INTs on All-Pro.

On every 3rd Down in the 4th, leading by ten, every single one of my third down passes are wildly inaccurate. After the first couple, I’m saying “Yeah, alright, I’ll accept it.”

On the next four drives on third down, my passes are nowhere near the target. Slant across the middle to Beasley? Ten yards away. Out route to Bryant? Five feet above his head. Post route to Witten? Literally sails off to the right and is intercepted. As soon as that pick happens, forget it, I knew they would score and by God they did.

The scripting/rubber banding/whatever the hell this is is flat out terrible. It’s gotten so predictable that you might as well turn off your controller, because it feels as though what you do on the next play has no impact as to what happens next.

So, I guess here’s an accurate breakdown of the three game styles. Arcade: good for friends, wild plays, high scores, etc. Competitive: good for online play, you need a decent amount of stick skills.

Simulation? Let’s give you realistic control over the game, but when it comes down to the wire, that control just disappears. I could be dead wrong about this, but I’m seriously done with Madden for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 1

If you can bear with another Moody video, this one shows what I consider to be the most compelling evidence:

https://youtu.be/hErMiSXumoc

This happens to me a lot. Either you get the hitch steps to slow you down or sometimes the player just starts moving slowly like he's running underwater. I'm sure it also goes on in a subtler way that isn't immediately obvious. Basically changing player movement to facilitate the end result rather than letting them move in accordance with their ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #96
Banned

Those Moody videos ought to be banned on OS. He’s doing nothing but bringing out the worst in sports gamers.

Bear another Moody video? Why are you not embarrassed to be promoting that trash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »