Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Understood, just a coincidence from this end, you need to factor in the weather into the equation, too, even though Haden didn't drop the Int.
i just can't believe the game ruled it a catch on the field as it should have been...then took it away via replay

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-25-2017, 09:42 PM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I understand, as others have said in this very thread, it's a bug in the challenge system and Clint acknowledged it needs fining.

That isn't cheating to win.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:52 AM   #11
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

No, the game doesn't cheat.

We've all had bogus challenges go our way just as often as they go against us.

When you are on the short end of the stick it sticks in your mind more than when you are the beneficiary of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Absolutely. I always had the impression that the CPU know exactly what I going to do. So I had definite proof of this a few years ago. When I reached the last 3 yards of the field and chose a run, the CPU always chose a goaline formation. But when I chose a passing play, cpu picks a more standard pass defense. So I started to pick some run out of gun formation and audible to a quick pass like slants e short corner routes, resulting on TD 99% of time.

I decided to use the same strategy on defense. I pick some random play as cover 3 and after the players settle in the line of scrimmage, audible to another play. What I realized: especially in passing plays, the CPU has become much less aggressive and make some pretty dumb passes that before I did not see in the game.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:22 PM   #13
All Star

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN49ers
Absolutely. I always had the impression that the CPU know exactly what I going to do. So I had definite proof of this a few years ago. When I reached the last 3 yards of the field and chose a run, the CPU always chose a goaline formation. But when I chose a passing play, cpu picks a more standard pass defense. So I started to pick some run out of gun formation and audible to a quick pass like slants e short corner routes, resulting on TD 99% of time.

I decided to use the same strategy on defense. I pick some random play as cover 3 and after the players settle in the line of scrimmage, audible to another play. What I realized: especially in passing plays, the CPU has become much less aggressive and make some pretty dumb passes that before I did not see in the game.
That's still the case with the cpu choosing a goaline defense anytime you choose a run near the goaline.
Old 11-26-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i just can't believe the game ruled it a catch on the field as it should have been...then took it away via replay

First, when I looked at your clip, I never got a view of the first foot to come down. I assume it was out of bounds.

But regardless, getting the calls wrong on review is not exactly uncommon in the NFL. I seriously never care or give a second thought to the challenge system. For me, it's fine. It's mostly right, and occasionally wrong. Just like the NFL.

And no, the game doesn't cheat. **** happens, just like on every Sunday. Sometimes it just feels like everything is stacked against you.

Is the NFL broken, because it is total bull**** that the Chiefs went from one of the best offenses in football to pathetic for almost no good reason? Should they adjust sliders to get the running game going again? If it were in Madden, I guarantee you someone would be posting about how broken the game is.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 11-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #15
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
First, when I looked at your clip, I never got a view of the first foot to come down. I assume it was out of bounds.

But regardless, getting the calls wrong on review is not exactly uncommon in the NFL. I seriously never care or give a second thought to the challenge system. For me, it's fine. It's mostly right, and occasionally wrong. Just like the NFL.

And no, the game doesn't cheat. **** happens, just like on every Sunday. Sometimes it just feels like everything is stacked against you.

Is the NFL broken, because it is total bull**** that the Chiefs went from one of the best offenses in football to pathetic for almost no good reason? Should they adjust sliders to get the running game going again? If it were in Madden, I guarantee you someone would be posting about how broken the game is.
lol what are you talking about?? i zoom in and pause several times showing the first foot down from multiple angles......smh...did you even watch the video? lol

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 12:59 AM   #16
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

I used to think this, and then I realized that it wouldn't be any fun if the CPU just let you walk all over it. It's supposed to be a challenge and after this recent patch, I've had some great games go down to the wire because of it. Is it frustrating to see receivers drop passes? Absolutely. But it's just as frustrating for us as it is for the players in real life. Any given thing can happen on any given Sunday.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »