Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 01:10 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
I used to think this, and then I realized that it wouldn't be any fun if the CPU just let you walk all over it. It's supposed to be a challenge and after this recent patch, I've had some great games go down to the wire because of it. Is it frustrating to see receivers drop passes? Absolutely. But it's just as frustrating for us as it is for the players in real life. Any given thing can happen on any given Sunday.
Cheating isn't challenging. It actually serves the opposite, by making it less of a mental challenge.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:07 AM   #18
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Smile Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
First, when I looked at your clip, I never got a view of the first foot to come down. I assume it was out of bounds.

But regardless, getting the calls wrong on review is not exactly uncommon in the NFL. I seriously never care or give a second thought to the challenge system. For me, it's fine. It's mostly right, and occasionally wrong. Just like the NFL.

And no, the game doesn't cheat. **** happens, just like on every Sunday. Sometimes it just feels like everything is stacked against you.

Is the NFL broken, because it is total bull**** that the Chiefs went from one of the best offenses in football to pathetic for almost no good reason? Should they adjust sliders to get the running game going again? If it were in Madden, I guarantee you someone would be posting about how broken the game is.
Broken and reversed.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:19 PM   #19
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I wish they would make it so the defense would always pick a play FIRST and then the offense picks a play. So the defense picks a play based off offensive personnel, and then the offense picks a play. As of right now, for USER, the USER always picks a first. Pick a shotgun pass n the 1-inch line and the CPU will automatically pick a pass defense formation. Pick a run play out of any formation, and the CPU always picks a goalline.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #20
MVP

UFCMPunk's Arena

While yes it is a bug and knowing the challenge system is broken I never challenge any plays. I'm still playing Madden 17 but I don't ever challenge plays because it's pointless.

Even though I do give EA props for making the officiating in Madden as bad as the real life officiating we see on Sundays.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #21
Rookie

Past few years I've suspected both the Seahawks and Patriots are "programmed" to win the game.

Unless you run the ball down Seattle's throat at 4-5 yards a clip with some short passes between you are good. If you get behind, their secondary warps to any and every ball in the air and it becomes impossible to make a comeback.

As for the Pats, you could have them down by 20 in the 4th, Brady will pull the game out at the end (they will stuff your run game). One exception, with 16 seconds left I had Keenan Allen beat his man and killed their comeback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyLPJ5JWZYk

Patriots come from behind in SB.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:37 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Just what we need every time we play the Pats in Madden.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #24
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

SB is broken, and probably reversed, too.

Seriously, though, a multitude of fans in any sport thinks games IRL, especially important ones, are "programmed." By the umpires, by the refs, by the league, to keep a preferred team on top -- for ratings, market size revenue, or any number of reasons. Not surprising, really, that people feel the same way about Madden.

Last edited by mlb61; 11-29-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »