Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #33
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Count me in as a firm believer that if there is chance for the computer to do something stupid and for you to lose it will happen. Case in point. Last night i moved the ball down to attempt a 41 yard game winning FG. By the way this has to be the stupidest animation the game has. I get ready to kick the FG and it zooms in on the kicker. Once you hit the button for power the meter just disappears so you really have no clue where to stop the accuracy at. FG gets blocked I lose. If I could see the black accuracy marker like any other FG I would have made it. Ive had guys fumble inside the redzone when all I need is a FG. Miracle comebacks from down 20 with 3 minutes left and all of a sudden they just can't be stopped. Madden needs to do something about the FG camera. Its rediculous. I guess I will just supersim all game winning fg's from now on
Old 12-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Count me in as a firm believer that if there is chance for the computer to do something stupid and for you to lose it will happen. Case in point. Last night i moved the ball down to attempt a 41 yard game winning FG. By the way this has to be the stupidest animation the game has. I get ready to kick the FG and it zooms in on the kicker. Once you hit the button for power the meter just disappears so you really have no clue where to stop the accuracy at. FG gets blocked I lose. If I could see the black accuracy marker like any other FG I would have made it. Ive had guys fumble inside the redzone when all I need is a FG. Miracle comebacks from down 20 with 3 minutes left and all of a sudden they just can't be stopped. Madden needs to do something about the FG camera. Its rediculous. I guess I will just supersim all game winning fg's from now on
That's created that way when you or the CPU "ice the kicker"....sure there was a timeout before you kicked...it makes the meter for accuracy disappear, so you have to rely on muscle memory.
It's one of the little things they've done that I actually enjoy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #35
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
That's created that way when you or the CPU "ice the kicker"....sure there was a timeout before you kicked...it makes the meter for accuracy disappear, so you have to rely on muscle memory.
It's one of the little things they've done that I actually enjoy.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I agree this feature is awesome. Actually makes you feel like you accomplished something.

Playing:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #36

OVR: 34

You have to remember that these games are programmed, and anytime something is programmed, anything can be made to happen. With that, all you have to do is play MUT to know that the game absolutely manipulates scenarios to produce possible results. The programming is obvious in those scenarios, but it sort of has to be.

I think there is a blurred line though that has to do with what might be the "ethics" of creating a game that should be considered. The line is, "has and does Madden programming rely on manipulation of scenarios to help adjust difficulty?" I believe it does, and the reason being is it is difficult to program absolute realism. But, does that mean Madden cheats? I don't believe so.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
You have to remember that these games are programmed, and anytime something is programmed, anything can be made to happen. With that, all you have to do is play MUT to know that the game absolutely manipulates scenarios to produce possible results. The programming is obvious in those scenarios, but it sort of has to be.

I think there is a blurred line though that has to do with what might be the "ethics" of creating a game that should be considered. The line is, "has and does Madden programming rely on manipulation of scenarios to help adjust difficulty?" I believe it does, and the reason being is it is difficult to program absolute realism. But, does that mean Madden cheats? I don't believe so.
That depends on your definition of cheating. Imo having things result from truly random dice rolls isn't cheating, but scripted outcomes are. Interfering with user control also is cheating. Also, calling a play based on knowledge of the user's play as opposed to some kind of strategic ai.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinersFan49
That depends on your definition of cheating. Imo having things result from truly random dice rolls isn't cheating, but scripted outcomes are. Interfering with user control also is cheating. Also, calling a play based on knowledge of the user's play as opposed to some kind of strategic ai.
The bolded has been one of my biggest gripes with the product, period.

The way the AI will pull your players out of position, slow them down, or flat out give them useless animations sucks so much of the immersion right out of the experience.

I think "cheating" is a poor word because it insinuates the AI wants to win. I don't really think the AI or devs care about how much the CPU wins, they just want to "simulate" what they perceive to be a realistic stat line or outcome and it forces the gameplay to illustrate that whether the scenario actually warrants those outcomes or not.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:55 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
The bolded has been one of my biggest gripes with the product, period.

The way the AI will pull your players out of position, slow them down, or flat out give them useless animations sucks so much of the immersion right out of the experience.

I think "cheating" is a poor word because it insinuates the AI wants to win. I don't really think the AI or devs care about how much the CPU wins, they just want to "simulate" what they perceive to be a realistic stat line or outcome and it forces the gameplay to illustrate that whether the scenario actually warrants those outcomes or not.
Yes, I think it just wants to control the flow of the game more than which team wins. It also "cheats" a lot to help the user by making dumb play calls, etc.

I remember years ago I could fly all over the place with Patrick Willis making plays. Nowadays I'll user a high spd/acc/agil safety or lb and they'll move like they're underwater.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:43 PM   #40
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The game is coded to play a certain way depending on situation, whether that be harder hits or rope like passes to the outside, and maybe it has to do with traits or maybe it is just logic for the CPU so it makes the game difficult?

I know that if we could all win each game by 21+ points, we would all abandon the game rather quick except for those who play online.

My position that the game is coded for come backs or whatever you want to call it, is the fact that the basis for situational game play is in MUT challenges. The logic in MUT challenges has to be in the coding and thus can be accessed from any game mode, so my conclusion is that there is indeed comeback style coding - something that gives the CPU a boost and it is determined by situations coded into the game.

For example - MUT challenge is: Do not let the CPU pass for more than 30 yards and rush for more than 20, this half. (notice the rule has nothing to do with winning or losing, just yards)

The CPU usually starts with the ball, and if you stop them, the CPU will let you run or pass against any defense because all it needs to do is get the ball back...It knows this and plays accordingly...The best way to beat the CPU when this happens is to just gain a few yards and drop to the ground. It is a lame way to play, but it is just one example of how the MUT system plays, and that system is available to all parts of the game..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »