Home

Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

This is a discussion on Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Here is a video by SimFBallCritic where he interviews Rex on the futur of CFM. Fast forward to oughly the 38 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=absz...ature=youtu.be

The Highlights

He discusses the fear single players have of other games following the Destiny model (which MUT uses). MUT is already a live service pushing out updates and features all season. The idea is you get re-engaged to play.

Franchise is a closed service. It is on a continuous loops with no definitive ending.They want to re-engage people with CFM.
They built a lot of technology back into franchise to set them up for success in the future and adding live features.
So what would franchise look like with live updates?

Rex puts emphasis on two things. Progression and Rewards.
"The more you play, the more you rank up." - Rex Dickson
He refers to leveling up as if it were a pokemon game.

The other guys share their ideas, and some that made Rex pause and think.

They also point out that they don't want to punish players who don't have the time to sit down and "grind". That is why games lean into "cosmetics" by providing nw uniforms and "peakocking".

CFM Ranking/ Rewards (compulsion Loop
Rex discusses how they are looking at adding some sort of ranking system to CFM to encourage players to play longer. He knows they want to incorporate this, however they do not know how yet. What would be something to work for outside of just continuously winning Super Bowls. He said it shouldn't be a feature that can give your team more power

Idea
As opposed to an online ranking system between other users being the focus, I think this would be perfect for a hall of fame system.
Based on how well a player or team performed, you can earn points towards the hall of fame.
You would compete with current and past players, coaches, and owners with the ultimate goal of becoming The G.O.A.T.
To get Tom Brady's score so far you would consider things like:
Stats: Every touchdown or yard is worth something that factors into a players success
Awards: Each award depending on the prestige of the award is worth something. For example league MVP might be 2,000 points, super bowl MVP would be 2,500, and rookie of the year might be 1,000.
Team Success: Each big game won would add some sort of legacy point. Won a Super Bowl? 1,000 points Beat a rival in the playoffs? 500 points. So on and so on.

You could then view where your players rank compared to everyone else in the NFL currently and historically. Or even view online where other people rank.

Is there something you want to play other than your games in franchise?
AzureEffect shares the idea of Skills trainers based on coaching.
This comment left Rex speechless until he stated:

If there was something EA could put out everyday, something you could play, what would you want it to be?
Rex states their is a lot of square pegs for round holes here...

Situational Playbook
Rex shares the idea of scout teams with the playbook of your upcoming opponent,and having situational playbooks for things like 2 minute offense 3rd and Long....

These ideas are for the future and not immediately because as Rex states...
"We need to rebuild and get franchise where it need to be and belongs first."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex on Franchise Mode (10/26)

Perfect way to keep franchise going, carry over saves just like the show!

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

"Rex shares the idea of scout teams with the playbook of your upcoming opponent,and having situational playbooks for things like 2 minute offense 3rd and Long...."

Getting xp for doing more things in cfm .....

these types of ideas are just horrible for Online Leagues.

That first thing i quoted... that should be part of CFM itself as it is . Should not be something you have to grind in order to get, should already be there.

The thing that kills me about this is, when they starting to work on 19 , this is what they want to really talk about when it comes to CFM. Not all the things so many are asking for as in features for the mode that its already lacking.

Where do the resources for this sort of addition come from as well? Hmmmm , an already underfunded CFM Dev team?

How about worrying about CFM, in its current state needs and add that first, before adding another list of things to add, and add them before you add in what should be in the mode already.

To me this is just not a good look.Did not really care about what CFM Needs, lets work on something else.....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 10-29-2017, 12:01 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I am more interested in the above short term outcome vs long term ideas.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Sounds to me like he is saying they want to monitize CFM without coming right out and saying they want to monitize cfm.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I am more interested in the above short term outcome vs long term ideas.
yes , he did say that, but if that was such an actual priority , then why the focus of getting on a "sim " podcast to try to get ideas for something far down the road, when you somehow have yet to seem to understand what CFM already is in much need of ?

Like i understand , looking forward the future and having some kinda guideline in all, but most people worry more about the details in framing a house, getting a roof on , and finishing up the inside of the house before worrying about what kinda car might look good parked out front.

For a mode that somehow is most played but seems very under funded, i just dont like the thought of, hey , lets take some cfm resources and put them into something like this ...... instead of putting all resources in what needs the attention first.

Also id point out, why do you need to rebuild something thats already good? (per his own words before launch about CFM) .......

just another brick in the wall ....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 10-29-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
Sounds to me like he is saying they want to monitize CFM without coming right out and saying they want to monitize cfm.

While I don't love the idea of a monetized franchise mode, I wonder if monetizing the mode (should they do that) actually helps franchise gamers by forcing EA to deliver a better product because they're charging more for it. I'd have to think that increased monetization would mean increased support, better quality control, etc.

If that's what it takes for them to produce a legit franchise mode, then I'd prefer that option to the current scenario.

Hell, I'd pay for custom schemes/game plans within franchise mode if that's what it'd take to get them to fix those damn things. I'd pay for custom package sub options on O or D if that's what it'd take for them to update their packages concepts and make their formation subs system actually work.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99

They are hitting a targeted market with that, though. If you comb through that huge alarming thread, there are people who will pay for that stuff.

I am not one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »